Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua Rescue Sorties

DarkFlameZealot

The amount of time allotted for a player solo or even a team of four to be able to rush from the initial door that opens to the next console to hack, wait 5-7 seconds for the double doors to raise up, even sliding under the second, is far too low to actually complete the mission. Playing solo as any frame (preferably a stealth one or limbo), and with the fastest route from the prison main hacking door grants you around 37-40 seconds to hack the next console. After both doors open, you're left with around 30 seconds, maybe less if you get hooked by an ancient or slammed by a warden/bombard. Thirty seconds is not nearly enough time to hack all 4 consoles and get the guy out alive. Just going in and out of a failed portal opening from hacking a console and jumping back up to hack another takes around 6 seconds, half of that just for the portal delay. Fix this sortie or remove it, because unless you have the perfect rng to get the right prison console on the first or second try, you're S.O.L.

I understand that you want sorties to be challenging and they are endgame for some players who don't go into 2hr survivals or such, but rng included in a sortie is a bit of a kill on actually wanting to play them anymore. Rescue missions are fine how they are for any other faction on any other planet, but the fact that the Lua one has 4 consoles/doors to open makes it the worst by far, notwithstanding the terrible tile sets that waste a few seconds if you mess up the timing on a bullet jump or such. Please rework this sortie, it's not a riven reroll contest, so get rid of the huge rng factor.

Sincerely,

A not so happy customer.

Edited by DarkFlameZealot

15 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Just going in and out of a failed portal opening from hacking a console and jumping back up to hack another takes around 6 seconds, half of that just for the portal delay.

No need for that. The rescue target is calling out "I'm in here" when you get the right portal.

But otherwise I agree, lazy implementation of that mission by slapping the regular rescue timer on it. Should probably be 90 seconds to be on par with regular rescue difficulty. 

1 minute ago, Snib said:

No need for that. The rescue target is calling out "I'm in here" when you get the right portal.

But otherwise I agree, lazy implementation of that mission by slapping the regular rescue timer on it. Should probably be 90 seconds to be on par with regular rescue difficulty. 

really?i never notice he speaks,ty for the info.and also agree 90 seconds should be fine.

40 minutes ago, Snib said:

Yeah, that is true, but even so it's still quiet when you're trying to rush to open locks while fighting lvl 80-100s (in this case it's sortie 3) under the noises. Might try to boost the voice volume just for this mission, had it at 0 because listening to Lotus talk all the time is annoying after 600+ hrs lol.

• Like 1

Just now, DarkFlameZealot said:

Yeah, that is true, but even so it's still quiet when you're trying to rush to open locks while fighting lvl 80-100s (in this case it's sortie 3) under the noises. Might try to boost the voice volume just for this mission, had it at 0 because listening to Lotus talk all the time is annoying after 600+ hrs lol.

I always solo it on Loki so there's no fighting and it's easy to hear for me but sure if you're fighting it will probably be easy to miss.

only with help of the ship power and luck did this work - i always found rescue sorties stupid. instead of making the rescue harder with more sensors, guards and traps we instantly trigger the alarm - that a very cheap trick to increase the "difficulty". rescue missions should always be doable in stealth with out this crapshot. using a meta-solution and relying on the liset power to barely be able to do it isn't fun or a challenge...

At some point I gave up on finding a team that even knows how to hack orokin puzzle (I'm looking at you, "Mr take it easy MR 23").

So I tried to Ivara, solo-slow run with dagger to instakill anything while sleep.

An then I realized.. Secondaries only.

Sigh.. I was bound to random PUB masters.

After 8 or 9 tries I made it!

Seriously, everyone should take this to heart:

If you suck at grineer spy = don't try to yolo it (ESPECIALLY when we already have 2 terminals done)

If you failed your soy terminal DON'T YOU DARE LEAVING. YOU STAY PUT WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM.

If You don't know how to hack a console of any faction, then DON'T TOUCH THAT

if you do any mission with timer DON'T RUSH AHEAD

Edited by deothor

1 hour ago, deothor said:

Seriously, everyone should take this to heart:

If you suck at grineer spy = don't try to yolo it (ESPECIALLY when we already have 2 terminals done)

If you failed your soy terminal DON'T YOU DARE LEAVING. YOU STAY PUT WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM.

If You don't know how to hack a console of any faction, then DON'T TOUCH THAT

if you do any mission with timer DON'T RUSH AHEAD

If you do not have a team you know you can trust, SOLO IT

FTFY

The time you get for this mission is ridiculously short, I usually solo Sorties and I've failed this one about 7 times now.

Failed it 3 times in a row when this mission was part of the Sortie for the first time.

Even if you take the underground path, you have time to Hack 2 consoles; 3 if you are fast enough.

I had to learn the hard way that the Operative yells when you Hack the right console.

Edit: Lua Rescue is here again! Please! Make it stop! xD

Failed the 1st try, Got lucky on the 2nd.

Edited by 0meg4x

Its a terrible mission that seems to be based on too much rng. Seems you need to hack the same console repeatedly to open the door. 

I really enjoy the other sorties.

edit : Im done with this mission. Ill just give the sortie a miss in future.

Edited by TheKovacs

1 hour ago, deothor said:

That is the WORST and most overrated kind of FTFY one could do.

Good job I guess?

I have a feeling you have no idea what the abbreviation stands for, nor what overrated means, or in other words I have no idea what you are even trying to say. Not that it matters, seems you are a man on a mission, carry on.

Edited by Snib

1 hour ago, Snib said:

I have a feeling you have no idea what the abbreviation stands for, nor what overrated means, or in other words I have no idea what you are even trying to say. Not that it matters, seems you are a man on a mission, carry on.

The "go solo" meme is old, overused and stupid

Don't feel bad that you aren't funny :(

It's definitely more than a bit of RNG, you'll have very little time to get all 4 if your luck is bad.

However you'll have much better luck soloing it than going into a pub, just practice your hacks.

being a secondary only mission really made this hard, especially with that peacemaker bug. Most of the time a single ash can make short work of all the wardens and you won't worry about dying.

Edited by TonyWong

10 hours ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

as others have mentioned, it does help using the Liset Air Support Charge to delay the timer.

This is true, and an extra 40 seconds is plenty of time to finish rescuing the person, but the issue is directly correlated with air support. No sortie should be dependent on equipment to be completed without failing 100 times because of a missed jump or rng. 

The 3 things that I hate in sorties:

-Lua Rescue - The timer isn't enough and people usually don't know what the F*** they're doing. Today I only completed it in the 4th try because luckly i hacked the door and got the right panel at first try. The other guys didn't even know what was going on. 2 days ago I think it was also lua rescue and took me 6 tries to get it because noob teams and in the last one, the timer ran out but the host was so lagged that lotus said the prisioner died and 15 seconds later he appeared alive without anyone entering the cell and we extracted.

-Lua Spy - It is so much more difficult than the other spy factions. Same as above: people don't know what they need to do, and a single mistake in any of the 3 vaults = game over.

-Assassination with vulnerability window: taking down a lv100 sargas ruk or Lt.kril takes a long time even with a full squad. Last time we had to fight sargas ruk lv100 bows only. Half of the time waiting while he's invulnerable; other half reviving people. No fun, no difficulty, just a pain in the &#! to do that.

Assassinations are easy. Ruk? Take a chroma and never die because the massive amount of damage instances onto his vex armor give him thousands. As for Kril, Volt is end all be all the best cheese for this mission. Just stand a decent amount away and he only uses his hammer slam after a bit instead of the ice shot. Lua spy is relatively easy once you do it twice, use Ivara as a safe-measure to avoid the stupid beams in some of the rooms.

9 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Lua spy is relatively easy once you do it twice, use Ivara as a safe-measure to avoid the stupid beams in some of the rooms.

Yes, and if you know the way, You can do it even faster with Limbo. Only your concerns would be drones then in one of the vaults.