Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua Rescue Sorties

DarkFlameZealot

While I agree that the timer on that mission is way to small of a window, until we get a fix (if we do) here is a strat for the Tenno that are currently struggling:

1. Equip Mobilize on a frame that's fast and can withstand gunfire (my personal favourite is Mesa but other frames like Valkyr, Trinity will do just as fine). This is yo make sure that no time is lost travelling in the holding location.
  2. Use Liset landing craft and bind a key to deploy air support. The Liset's air support helps with the timer.
  3. When opening portals, open them all until you hear the operative call out. The one from which he calls out is the correct one. No need to check them all

Hope these help.

On 1/28/2017 at 3:22 PM, Snib said:

No need for that. The rescue target is calling out "I'm in here" when you get the right portal.

But otherwise I agree, lazy implementation of that mission by slapping the regular rescue timer on it. Should probably be 90 seconds to be on par with regular rescue difficulty. 

Do they really? I only thought they started yelling when the countdown was nearing zero, which to me is useless in this mission type because there is only one portal. I might have to test this out some.

Regardless, I do strongly believe that the countdown needs to be increased some. I know that sorties are supposed to be difficult, but this form of "difficulty" is an extreme frustration from immediate mission failures, completely different from increased enemy strength.

10 hours ago, Endorphinz said:

Do they really? I only thought they started yelling when the countdown was nearing zero, which to me is useless in this mission type because there is only one portal. I might have to test this out some.

Not sure, I always do it that way and it hasn't failed me once, but since I solo I don't exactly have lots of time left on the clock (not using air support) so it might be a combination of both.

15 hours ago, Endorphinz said:

For this particular Lua rescue map, they always yell when the right portal is opened. If you are about to run out of time, you won't hear anything unlike the other rescue maps. The rules for Lua rescue are different. Open one portal, wait 2 seconds. If silent, repeat on the next. When the right one is opened, you will hear yelling and that's your cue to jump in.

And there are 2 shortcuts into the chamber that are way faster than using those slow doors. Practice regular Lua first and find them. Then the sortie will become MUCH easier as you will have plenty of time to spare to open all portals one by one.

Shy summed it up pretty well (NSFW/NSF- New ToS? Not sure):

I'm not gonna lie; I still haven't figured out how some of the Lua Spy/Hostage spawned rooms even work yet. Hostage rooms are a little easier to figure out your options on, but some of those Spy rooms? Still have no idea how to activate that dead console interface. Sort of resisting checking the Wiki for a walk through just because, yaknow. Ideally intuitive design and all?

Edited by KoshLovesYou
Added NSFW warning. Hopefully still ToS aprops

Lua is wrong, just wrong, spy missions are horrible, rescue horrible it's a freaking maze, the map does not help, and in recue missions unless you know there is a hole in the top of the freaking wall after you hack the first door, you'll waste time, then placing a freaking army of sapping ospreys that can instakill having heavy gunners lvl 100 and eximus that even with my Tigris prime 24k + 16k corrosive dmg I have to take 4 shoots to kill them and after all of that 4 consoles to unlock, if there is a hint what console to unlock you just don't have time to look, by far the dumbest mission of all after Kela De Thaym the immortal the one that takes more than 500 shoots to kill really?

While I agreed with a longer timer for sorties, some people above here sound like they should stick to exterminate missions on Earth... I even clicked on that video and it was of the category "I'll make my life as difficult as possible because I want to prove a point".

As little as sorties really are endgame content, expecting you to bring the right tools and/or strategy for the job should not be too much...

3 hours ago, Snib said:

While I agreed with a longer timer for sorties, some people above here sound like they should stick to exterminate missions on Earth... I even clicked on that video and it was of the category "I'll make my life as difficult as possible because I want to prove a point".

As little as sorties really are endgame content, expecting you to bring the right tools and/or strategy for the job should not be too much...

Well, sorry to break it to a warframe master, but not all of us are gods with rng and parkour/hacking (depending on which way you do the rescue). The spy is easy if you watch a youtube video at the same time as doing it(take a nap in a safe corner and watch and learn ffs), but the rescue is all out the worst sortie mission that is to date, and I've been doing every sortie since they came out.

1 minute ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Well, sorry to break it to a warframe master, but not all of us are gods with rng and parkour/hacking (depending on which way you do the rescue). The spy is easy if you watch a youtube video at the same time as doing it(take a nap in a safe corner and watch and learn ffs), but the rescue is all out the worst sortie mission that is to date, and I've been doing every sortie since they came out.

Oh come on, the author of that video did just about everything wrong they could have (most certainly on purpose for effect) and then demanded the game change rather than their approach to it. 

I agree the timer is too short for that mission given the amount of hacking you potentially have to do, but that aside it's fine (hacking generally being super boring and repetitive aside). Requiring a minimum of effort to finish a mission is not a bad thing in my book. I can understand players being overwhelmed by Lua Spy the first time they do because it's different from all other spy missions in the game but that rescue mission really isn't rocket science.

Just now, Snib said:

Oh come on, the author of that video did just about everything wrong they could have (most certainly on purpose for effect) and then demanded the game change rather than their approach to it. 

I agree the timer is too short for that mission given the amount of hacking you potentially have to do, but that aside it's fine (hacking generally being super boring and repetitive aside). Requiring a minimum of effort to finish a mission is not a bad thing in my book. I can understand players being overwhelmed by Lua Spy the first time they do because it's different from all other spy missions in the game but that rescue mission really isn't rocket science.

Should you know, it's QuietteShy, the most sarcastic, 'this is broken and trash for generically anything' WF youtuber. Granted, yes, she doesn't use proper frames or anything, but even with using a Loki or Ash, it's still stupidly annoying how the mission works. It's the only rescue mission where the portals can mess with you unlike normal rescues where you have all the cells close together. If the amount of time was reduced between failed portal jumps/stall the timer to fix this issue, it would be acceptable.

The point is: Lua rescue alongside every other sortie rescue is horribly underdeveloped and idealized. Slap a timer as soon as you enter is a lazy as hell way to accomplish a 'difficult endgame' that is sorties for most players. 

1 minute ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

It's the only rescue mission where the portals can mess with you unlike normal rescues where you have all the cells close together. If the amount of time was reduced between failed portal jumps/stall the timer to fix this issue, it would be acceptable.

To quote myself from the first page of this thread...:

On 1/28/2017 at 10:22 PM, Snib said:

No need for that. The rescue target is calling out "I'm in here" when you get the right portal.

10 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Should you know, it's QuietteShy, the most sarcastic, 'this is broken and trash for generically anything' WF youtuber.

Who it is doesn't matter. QuietteShy did everything in her power to make that mission look as unfair as possible to try and prove a point in a dishonest way.

The timer is restrictive on Lua rescues, as I've made the sentiment of clear in my previous post, but doing literally nothing to alleviate those timers and then uploading a video for your impressionable audience of edgelord kid fans to then post everywhere with only about 2% of them realizing that it's not actually representative of someone who knows what they're doing is... quite frankly gross.

Edited by Chipputer

On 1/29/2017 at 0:58 PM, deothor said:

Seriously, everyone should take this to heart:

If you suck at grineer spy = don't try to yolo it (ESPECIALLY when we already have 2 terminals done)

If you failed your soy terminal DON'T YOU DARE LEAVING. YOU STAY PUT WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM.

If You don't know how to hack a console of any faction, then DON'T TOUCH THAT

if you do any mission with timer DON'T RUSH AHEAD

And this is why I either duo with my SO or solo spy missions and now Lua rescue.

After failing the first sortie Lua rescue, we've been pretty consistent with successfully completing this mission.  We always use air support charge and we now know some of the shortcuts and time saving tricks, but success rate still depends on chance which I don't like.  The two of us can hack terminals at the jail cell, but we're always worried we won't have enough time to hack all of them if we were unlucky and the hostage was at the very last portal.  I agree that amount of time to rescue the hostage is really short and it leaves very little room for errors.  It would be nice if we get additional time.  Even just extra10-15 seconds would be appreciated. 

I also want to suggest a friendship door in front of the terminal that you need to hack to get into the jail area, like other faction's jails.  This is to prevent people from triggering the timer before the entire squad is ready.  The first time we did this mission we failed because the random player rushed in front and triggered the count down before the rest of the team got there.  It would have been fine if that guy knew what he was doing, but he didn't.  He couldn't even find his way to the back, and of course he quit instead of handling the failure (that he triggered!) like a man.  That guy is the reason why we do Lua rescue friends only.

9 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

The first time we did this mission we failed because the random player rushed in front and triggered the count down before the rest of the team got there.  It would have been fine if that guy knew what he was doing, but he didn't.  He couldn't even find his way to the back, and of course he quit instead of handling the failure (that he triggered!) like a man.  That guy is the reason why we do Lua rescue friends only.

Oh man, that's the worst. This same exact situation is why I solo or Friends Only all of my spy sorties.

On 1/30/2017 at 10:30 AM, DarkFlameZealot said:

This is true, and an extra 40 seconds is plenty of time to finish rescuing the person, but the issue is directly correlated with air support. No sortie should be dependent on equipment to be completed without failing 100 times because of a missed jump or rng. 

Nor are they, this is massive hyperbole. There is no reason you ever have to fail the mission, there are ways in around the doors and clues to the console, there is a way to get it done just by doing it right, in plenty of time.

If you fail it a few times then it's hard... so what? OMG! a hard mission. One you might fail once or twice or twke a couple of tries to get it right. Oh the horror in a game that might not be so easy that one never ever fails a mission and when they fail they come to the forums and complain about how unfair it is. Sorry you can't do it but WF should be made much harder, not any easier. It's far to easy already.

Poor Shockwave, unable to detect when someone has already had their point proven and is just inciting more attention to the topic to get it to DE's faces. I'm not even complaining on my own personal level, I got both of said rescues (twice in 3 days is a bit much for the troll this one is) in 10 tries overall, just takes a bit too much time imo. The *real* reason why this forum post is here is to address the actual issue behind the rescue sortie, which is the lack of actual implication of making it more difficult. Add lasers that still trip alarms even with Infiltrate, add eximus units, more difficult rescue tilesets, who knows? DE simply needs to rethink how these types of sortie missions should be better implemented than the lazy 'trip the alarm on entry'.

Even if you think WF is easy, that's only for you. I simply feel bad for the MR6s (or whatever the requirement to actually start playing sorties is these days) that try their best yet have to give up because they don't have air support charges to make up for lost time that they haven't learned the tilesets/hacking yet with.

• 2 months later...

Yep, I came on the forums to leave feedback and I see a thread revived about an old issue. DE this is a real downer compared to other LUA missions.

Im using Limbo with Huras kubrow. Into vault at 50 seconds to go (I hacked in), open 3 vaults, getting into 3rd with seconds to spare, no prisoner in any. grrr

I suspected there was a quick way in without hacking console and next time I will just open all the portals, I know I can open and search in all four if I dont have to hack into the vault itself and this includes searching each vault. This mission is still lackluster even though I know I will do it next time.

Did it right away, thanks for the advice about the callout and also with bypassing the vault hack. Only just got in to the last vault in time, seconds to spare. I think this mission needs a re-design.

Edited by (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

10 hours ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

I suspected there was a quick way in without hacking console and next time I will just open all the portals, I know I can open and search in all four if I dont have to hack into the vault itself and this includes searching each vault. This mission is still lackluster even though I know I will do it next time.

You don't have to enter each portal to check.  For this particular rescue mission, the hostage will always yell 1 second later after the right portal is opened.
If you hear nothing after hacking, move on to the next hack.

Just now, MystMan said:

You don't have to enter each portal to check.  For this particular rescue mission, the hostage will always yell 1 second later after the right portal is opened.
If you hear nothing after hacking, move on to the next hack.

Yarp, I gave thanks for the callout in my edit :) it made the mission much smoother, along with the tip about bypassing the internal prison hack. The mission was smooth and quick but I still think its the one rescue that could do with a rework.