Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best assault weapon

Varhola

Question

7 answers to this question

Most automatic rifles are pretty equal. They just have different properties. Some have rampup, some have travel time, some are inaccurate. Those are all just choice.

The biggest thing to be aware of when it comes to "best" is being efficient with damage types. Impact is better against shields and puncture is better against health. Slash is worse than either. Using the proper damage type for the proper hp type effectively doubles your damage, as compared to using the wrong type. Or around 50% better compared to neutral. Point is, the amount of extra damage that you get by using damage types properly will vastly overshadow any of the small differences between weapons. You can use this to your advantage in two ways.

First option, you can have two separate weapons. One for shields, and one for health. Karak has a slight bias to impact, but you'll want an impact conversion mod to push it a little bit further to really work best against shields. Gorgon is also great for this because it is almost entirely impact on its own already. Then a furis is high in puncture, so you can use that for health. You could reverse this with Akstiletto, which is high in impact, but it's a secondary so you'll have to find a puncture primary, which isn't quite as common as an impact primary. Latron is one option, but it's semi auto. There is of course boltor, dera, supra, and tetra, but they're projectiles so you'll have to lead them. This makes them hard to use, especially for finishers. If you do use the weapon switching strategy, I would highly recommend picking up the faster reload mods and the reload while holstered mods for both weapons.

Second option, you can have a weapon that's able to handle both health and shields. To do this you want as close to a 50/50 of impact and puncture, and as low of slash as possible. This is a lot easier to use, but less efficient. You cut out the time wasted of switching weapons, but you also are only pulling from one ammo pool, so you can run out of ammo faster. There are a lot of weapons good for this, especially automatic weapons. Braton, stradavar, soma with an impact mod, Karak with a puncture mod, or gorgon with a puncture mod. There are a bunch of other options you can try, including those in the secondary category.

Feel free to experiment with all the different options. You can join the conclave discord server at discord.me/conclave for any questions. We also have a bot there that you can ask for stats by typing ~w "weapon name" in any channel. If you're just looking at the stats for yourself, you should PM the bot directly instead of spamming a channel. Or you can view the google doc that the bot pulls from directly here, for comparing weapons in a more efficient manner: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YSwNYX8aV2P187XyNf3Gjs9HFf-V6BnMsSe2AXiplw/edit

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Varhola said:

I want to know what you guys think is the best assault I have Soma and I think that it is the best but I want to know what other ones people like the most

Different weapons suit different missions. Their is no 1 best weapon. Depending on if your fighting grineer, corpus, infested, etc... Their are many different guns that suit the missions better.