Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kao, the Deceiver - Warframe Concept

General_Durandal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kao

• Codex: This is Kao, the Malicious, the Deceiver.
  • An empire can be brought to it's knees, with patience and a bit of creativity.
  •  
  • Style: Brown, black and green bug with a white faceless face.
  • Size: Below Average
  • Speed: 1.3 (fast)
  • Jump Height: 1.2 (acrobat)
  • Agility: Agile

• Unranked
  • Shield: 40
  • Power: 80
  • Health: 40
  • Armor: 200

• Rank 30
  • Shield: 120
  • Power: 120
  • Health: 120
  • Armor: 200

• Passive: Crawler
  • Special crouching animations, crawls with oddly bent legs and arms,
  • to the point the shorter limbs on torso sides touch the ground.
  • Crouching speed is as fast as normal non-sprinting movement.
  • While crouching, Kao will automatically cling to walls, and can move along walls while clinging.
  • When crawling on a wall, and not moving, Kao blends into the wall, making her harder to detect.
  • Wall crawling can be done for as long has Kao has energy.
  • To detach from the wall, untoggle crouch to fall, or bullet jump off of the wall.
  • After wall cling would normally end, energy starts to drain at 0.25 energy a second.
  • If wall crawling when energy gets to 0, Kao falls off the wall like when cling time would stop normally.
  • While crawling, and not moving, when harder to detect, energy drains at 0.50 instead of 0.25 per second.
  •  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Power 1: Masquerade "pretend to be someone one is not."

• Tap Cast on Target / Hold to cast AoE on target
  • Swap faces with your targets.
  •  
  • When cast while not targeting an enemy or ally, you cast on yourself.
  •  
  • When cast on an enemy, they become an enemy unit from an opposing faction.
  • (cast on Grineer to turn them into a Corpus, or vise versa)
  • Other enemies will see the effected enemies as enemies, and will attack them.
  •  
  • When cast on an ally, or on yourself, they or you become an enemy unit of the mission's faction,
  • and won't be attacked by members of that faction.
  •  
  • Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds (power duration)
  •  
  • Augment: Dissimulation "concealment of one's thoughts, feelings, or character; pretense."
  • Effected enemies not only look like someone else, they think they are them as well.
  • They will attack who they would normally think of as allies, and protect who the face's owner would think of as an ally.
  • They also take and deal, 10/20/30/40% more damage.
  •  

Power 2: Extravasate "let or force out (a fluid, especially blood) from the vessel that naturally contains it into the surrounding area."

• Cast in direction
  • Kao expels a noxious ball of slime from her mouth,
  • that splatters a 4/8/12/16 meter area (power range) with slime.
  • Enemies that move through the slimed floor are slowed by 6/12/18/24% (power strength)
  • Enemies inside the splatter AoE receive 3/6/9/12 toxic procs, (power strength)
  • that deal, 15/30/45/60 toxic per second, (power strength)
  • If it hits a wall, enemies that touch the wall,
  • will get stuck for 3/5/7/9 seconds, (power duration)

•  
  • Augment: Percolate "filter liquid or gas gradually through a porous surface or substance."
  • The slime generates a heavy gas for the duration,
  • that deals 1 gas proc every 8/6/4/2 seconds.
  • (heavy gas falls to the ground instead floats into the air.)
  •  

Power 3: Malediction "a magical word or phrase uttered with the intention of bringing about evil or destruction; a curse."

• Cast AoE on self
  • Enemies in range will be cursed with bad luck.
  • Every few seconds they have a chance of,
  • tripping and falling, dropping their weapon, dropping their grenade at their feet,
  • weapon backfiring, weapon jamming, nearby explosive barrel exploding, traps activating when they shouldn't,
  • (like grineer shock traps attacking grineer, or corpus cameras activating their turrets to attack corpus)
  •  
  • AoE: 6/12/18/24 meters. (power range)
  • Effect Frequency: 24/18/12/6 seconds (power duration)( - duration makes it happen more often)
  • Drain: 24/18/12/6  (power duration and efficiency)

• Augment: Imprecation "a spoken curse."
  • Every 16/12/8/4 seconds enemies have a 2/4/6/8% chance,
  • of being dealt 250/500/750/1000 finisher damage.
  •  

Power 4: Travesty "a false, absurd, or distorted representation of something."

• All enemies in range are given the random face of an enemy faction member.
  • Kao and allies in range are given the face of an enemy's allied face.
  • Everyone (Kao, enemies and allies) also deal more damage.
  • AoE: 15/30/45/60 meters (power range)
  • Duration: 8/16/24/32 seconds (power duration)
  • Damage Amplifier: 40/80/120/160% more damage (power strength)

• Augment: Pretender "a person who claims or aspires to a title or position."
  • Kao is given the face of the boss for that planet.
  • (random boss if there is no boss unit for that planet)
  • While active, Kao's powers are switched with that boss unit's powers,
  • for 30/60/90/120% as long as the duration would be without it.
  •  

How to get parts, (no quest)

• Neuroptics: Drops from Sortie Assassination Lephantis. 

• Chassis: Drops from Sortie Assassination Phorid.

• Systems: Infestation Sortie Spy Vault Rewards.

Edited by General_Durandal
Tweeking

9 minutes ago, RestlessDraugr said:

500 power is overkill. Kao shoouldn't need that much energy. A Flow mod becomes unnecessary on this frame.

Enemy damage amplifier can be a problem on higher levels.

Other than that. I love the idea, very creative and isn't a warframe concept focused on room nuking.

Originally she was going to have 0 shield and armor with 25 health, and very high energy.

(the high energy is mainly so her third can be used on many enemies/allies/self at once,

but then I thought up her fourth that pretty much does that all in one go and forgot to change the stats again after.

True, but every enemy see each other enemy as an enemy, and every player as an ally, so I figured it wouldn't be too big a bother.

Very cool concept, I like it alot.

One issue I have is the 3rd skill augument. Since the "faces" can be stored when out of a mission, the augment may easilly be used to farm super rare mods and resources.

I would suggest a small change to both the skill and augment.

Skill - You can choose the 4 "faces" you use from the codex (from 100% scanned enemies) at any time while not on a mission.

Augment - simply remove the mod drop part, maybe replace it with "they call in small reinforcements (2-3-4-5 units) from the faceowners faction"

16 hours ago, Wolfiusz said:

Very cool concept, I like it alot.

One issue I have is the 3rd skill augument. Since the "faces" can be stored when out of a mission, the augment may easilly be used to farm super rare mods and resources.

I would suggest a small change to both the skill and augment.

Skill - You can choose the 4 "faces" you use from the codex (from 100% scanned enemies) at any time while not on a mission.

Augment - simply remove the mod drop part, maybe replace it with "they call in small reinforcements (2-3-4-5 units) from the faceowners faction"

Thanks!

I think being able to change the faces outside of missions would be a bit op.

Perhaps the enemy needs a 100% scan in order to steal their face in the first place?

That would be neat, but i don't think that would be possible.

Well, unless they just teleported onto the map somehow.

They don't just drop mods though, they can drop anything from their loot list.

Resources, mods, ammo, money, ect.

5 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

I think being able to change the faces outside of missions would be a bit op.

Perhaps the enemy needs a 100% scan in order to steal their face in the first place?

That would be neat, but i don't think that would be possible.

Well, unless they just teleported onto the map somehow.

They don't just drop mods though, they can drop anything from their loot list.

Resources, mods, ammo, money, ect.

Ok I agree, beeing able to select the faces from codex could be abit op. On the other hand, getting faces from corpses may be hard if you have a Nova in your team, since she doesn't leave any corpses behind :P

So maybe like this:

You tap 3 to select a slot, if the slot is empty then you can activate the power and the face of the next enemy you kill fills the slot? If you have a face you don't want you can sellect it and cast it on the ground to remove it.

Teleporting enemies shouldn't be hard. Mobs do that all the time, spawning on maps + there are some infested enemies that spawn others, so the mechanics for the teleport/spawn are there.

And yes, I know they don't drop mods only. But it still makes it possible to cheat easilly. Imagine you get a face of a high level (40/50) mob, that has a chance to drop very rare mod/resource.

You go to the earth exterminate and put that high level mob face on a lvl 1 enemy. So you get like 60 of lvl 1 enemies (instead of lvl 40/50) which have a chance to drop that super rare mod/resource. Sure, most of them will drop random stuff like credits, but some of them will drop that rare mod. (although it would be quite funny to see all the high rank players camping on Earh missions) 

The idea of mob getting so transformed that it drops "face" loot is really cool and unique, just too risky imo.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:50 AM, Wolfiusz said:

Ok I agree, beeing able to select the faces from codex could be abit op. On the other hand, getting faces from corpses may be hard if you have a Nova in your team, since she doesn't leave any corpses behind :P

So maybe like this:

You tap 3 to select a slot, if the slot is empty then you can activate the power and the face of the next enemy you kill fills the slot? If you have a face you don't want you can sellect it and cast it on the ground to remove it.

Teleporting enemies shouldn't be hard. Mobs do that all the time, spawning on maps + there are some infested enemies that spawn others, so the mechanics for the teleport/spawn are there.

And yes, I know they don't drop mods only. But it still makes it possible to cheat easilly. Imagine you get a face of a high level (40/50) mob, that has a chance to drop very rare mod/resource.

You go to the earth exterminate and put that high level mob face on a lvl 1 enemy. So you get like 60 of lvl 1 enemies (instead of lvl 40/50) which have a chance to drop that super rare mod/resource. Sure, most of them will drop random stuff like credits, but some of them will drop that rare mod. (although it would be quite funny to see all the high rank players camping on Earh missions) 

The idea of mob getting so transformed that it drops "face" loot is really cool and unique, just too risky imo.

That's pretty much how it already works, you just can remove a face once you got one.

Well, yeah, but it's not very realistic.

But I guess it would have to do.

The level of the face wouldn't be mission scaled, it would be scaled to the mission they were taken from,

+ Koa's rank, + Kao's power strength...

But that does eeem very complicated.

Maybe just based off his rank + power strength.

So, A Rank 30 Kao with 100% power strength would create level 30 enemies.

But they'd only be that level for the duration.

lowered armor to 75, and health to 40/120

reduced mockery's bonus damage to distracted enemies.

reduced mockery's augment ridicule's chance.

increased malediction's drain, and reduced it's augment's damage, while increasing the intervals.

increased masquerade's drain.

reduced travesty's range, duration, and damage amplifyer.

On 2/15/2017 at 6:22 AM, DerkmeisterPrime said:

Sorry, but it was basically unreadable for me.

The concept is pretty interesting, I don't really have anything to add on, but you get a +1 from me

No prob, I lwearned how to get ride of the bad background in the prosses, so it's a win in my book.

On 2/18/2017 at 11:47 PM, DanujCZ said:

heh

It's face is faceless, so it can wear other's faces. spooooOOOOoOoOoOKY

• 2 weeks later...

Reduced speed and jump high.

Travesty's augment changed to,

• Augment: Pretender
  • Kao is given the face of the boss unit for that planet.
  • (random boss unit if there is no boss unit for that planet)
  • While active, Kao's powers are switched with that boss unit's powers,
  • for a duration.
  •  
  • Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds

I think this concept is really creative, but it might present a problem that there is no direct damage ability, maybe join the first two abilities together? Besides that, the abilities are really nice and they seem like they wouldnt be bad additions to the game

Edited by QuiIIs
Putting the first two abilities together doesnt make that much sense now that i think about it

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2017 at 1:29 PM, QuiIIs said:

I think this concept is really creative, but it might present a problem that there is no direct damage ability, maybe join the first two abilities together? Besides that, the abilities are really nice and they seem like they wouldnt be bad additions to the game

•  
  • Not every frame needs a direct damage dealing power.
  • Koa's first makes distracted enemies take 60% more damage at max rank with no mods,
  • meaning 10,000 damage would become 16,000 damage, and then the whole power strength mods would make that higher.
  •  
  • Hmmm... Combining them into a AoE bad luck+ distraction effect, might move it up to her 3rd power, making Masquerade her 2nd.
  • But then what would her new first be? Perhaps some kind of corrosive ooz projectile that creates a slippery or sticky puddle on the floor,
  • that deals curosive dame while making enemies trip/fall, or get stuck for a couple seconds, or just slowed down.
  •  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Power 1: Mockery
  • Enemies in range stop what they are doing and investigate the area you cast from.
  • If they see you they will attack you.
  • If they are in a fight when cast, they have a chance of stopping and looking in the direction,
  • If they see you they will target you instead,
  • if they don't see you they will go back to shooting at who they were shooting at before..
  • Distracted enemies take more damage.
  • Distraction Chance: 20/40/60/80% (power strength)
  • Combat Distraction Chance: 10/20/30/40% (power strength)
  • Distraction Damage Bonus: 15/30/45/60% extra damage (power strength)
  • AoE: 10/20/30/40 meters (power range)
  •  
  • Changed into, 
  • Power 1: Extravasate
  • Kao expels a noxious ball of slime from her mouth,
  • that splatters a 3/6/9/12 meter area (power range) with slime.
  • Enemies that move through the slimed floor are slowed by 5/10/15/20% (power strength)
  • Enemies inside the splatter AoE receive 2/4/6/8 toxic procs, (power strength)
  • that deal, 10/20/30/40 toxic per second, (power strength)
  • If it hits a wall, enemies that touch the wall,
  • will get stuck for 2/4/6/8 seconds, (power duration)
  • If it hits the ceiling, the slime will drip onto the ground, or any enemies under it.
  • Drips have a 10/20/30/40% chance, (power strength)
  • of dealing 1 toxic proc, every 2 seconds.
  • ~~~~~~~~~
  • Augment: Ridicule
  • Distracted enemies have a 15/30/45/60% chance,
  • of getting confused if they can't find you, or enraged if they do find you.
  • Confused enemies will randomly attack anyone in range. (including allied units)
  • Enraged enemies will receive a damage bonus and attack you.
  • Enraged enemies have a better drop chance for rare items.
  •  
  • Changed into,
  • Augment: Percolate
  • The slime generates a heavy gas for the duration,
  • that deals 1 gas pros every 10/8/6/4 seconds.
  • (heavy gas falls to the ground instead floats into the air.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added,

How to get parts, (no quest)

• Neuroptics: Drops from Sortie Assassination Lephantis. 

• Chassis: Drops from Sortie Assassination Phorid.

• Systems: Infestation Sortie Spy Vault Rewards.

• 3 weeks later...