Kao, the Deceiver - Warframe Concept

General_Durandal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 6:57 PM, RestlessDraugr said:

500 power is overkill. Kao shoouldn't need that much energy. A Flow mod becomes unnecessary on this frame.

Enemy damage amplifier can be a problem on higher levels.

Other than that. I love the idea, very creative and isn't a warframe concept focused on room nuking.

I've work on Kao quite a bit since your first comment.
What do you think about the current setup?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All I can say is that Warframe needs more creepy space ninjas and less creepy space...whatever they are now lol.  Message me next time you have a new idea.

Oh wait also like, the face thing, while cool, seems a little to over complicated, like, can you just have the targets appearance change to look like any relevant enemy unit?

1 minute ago, mrbalthazr said:

All I can say is that Warframe needs more creepy space ninjas and less creepy space...whatever they are now lol.  Message me next time you have a new idea.

Oh wait also like, the face thing, while cool, seems a little to over complicated, like, can you just have the targets appearance change to look like any relevant enemy unit?

While selecting an empty slot, casting on a corps give you their face, which then take up that slot.
While selecting a face, casting on an enemy turns them into that enemy. (so if you have the face of a crewman, and put it on a seeker, the seeker will look like a crewman)

It's like a single target version of chaos, but you can cast it on allies to make them not be attacked by the face's faction for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Build 2.5

~

Masquerade has been simplified and moved to power 1.

• Tap Cast on Target / Hold to cast AoE on target
  • Swap faces with your targets.
  •  
  • When cast while not targeting an enemy or ally, you cast on yourself.
  •  
  • When cast on an enemy, they become an enemy unit from an opposing faction.
  • (cast on Grineer to turn them into a Corpus, or vise versa)
  • Other enemies will see the effected enemies as enemies, and will attack them.
  •  
  • When cast on an ally, or on yourself, they or you become an enemy unit of the same faction,
  • and won't be attacked by members of that faction.
  •  
  • Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds (power duration)

•  
  • Augment: Dissimulation
  • Enemies wearing a new face also think like the owner would.
  • They fight like them, act like them, they think they are them.
  • But they deal less damage, and are easier to hurt.
  • Damage they deal: -15/30/45/60%
  • Damage they take: +15/30/45/60%

~

Extravasate moved to power 2 and buffed.

• Cast in direction
  • Kao expels a noxious ball of slime from her chest cavity,
  • that splatters a 4/8/12/16 meter area (power range) with slime.
  • Enemies that move through the slimed floor are slowed by 6/12/18/24% (power strength)
  • Enemies inside the splatter AoE receive 3/6/9/12 toxic procs, (power strength)
  • that deal, 15/30/45/60 toxic per second, (power strength)
  • If it hits a wall, enemies that touch the wall,
  • will get stuck for 3/5/7/9 seconds, (power duration)

•  
  • Augment: Percolate
  • The slime generates a heavy gas for the duration,
  • that deals 1 gas proc every 8/6/4/2 seconds.
  • (heavy gas falls to the ground instead floats into the air.)

~

Malediction moved to power three, and buffed.

• Cast AoE on self
  • Enemies in range will be cursed with bad luck.
  • Every few seconds they have a chance of,
  • tripping and falling, dropping their weapon, dropping their grenade at their feet,
  • weapon backfiring, weapon jamming, nearby explosive barrel exploding, traps activating when they shouldn't,
  • (like grineer shock traps attacking grineer, or corpus cameras activating their turrets to attack corpus)
  •  
  • AoE: 6/12/18/24 meters. (power range)
  • Effect Frequency: 24/18/12/6 seconds (power duration)( - duration makes it happen more often)
  • Drain: 24/18/12/6  (power duration and efficiency)

• Augment: Imprecation
  • Every 16/12/8/4 seconds enemies have a 2/4/6/8% chance,
  • of being dealt 250/500/750/1000 finisher damage.

~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Build 2.6

Added power 1's augment,

• Dissimulation "concealment of one's thoughts, feelings, or character; pretense."
  • Effected enemies not only look like someone else, they think they are them as well.
  • They will attack who they would normally think of as allies, and protect who the face's owner would think of as an ally.
  • They also take and deal, 10/20/30/40% more damage.

Added the meaning to the words used in each of the power's names.

Oh hey cool

So yeah, I still think the masks were a cool concept but yeah to totally think the new masquerade is a better build, just in terms of usability and simplicity.  It does like almost the exact same thing but with a lot less fussying around and I think it's a just a way better way of handling the power.

I dont really understand the augment, like, whouldnt the target likely act or fight like their new form anyway because it's a video game and, at least i think, grineer and corpus move and fight and everything diffferent enough that i think it would just work like a model change.  Like I dont think we would normally see a grineer get turned corpus and then continue to move and fight like a grineer.  I hope that makes sense.

I cant really comment on powers that deal damage, with all the mods and such that are around these daysI can barely tell when a base damage for a power is good or not.

Malediction is also really cool conceptually but feels like it would ahre to get a good pay off in game, idk, then again lokis disarm thing is super good (or at least it used to be) so maybe this would be better in game that i think it would be.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, mrbalthazr said:

Oh hey cool

So yeah, I still think the masks were a cool concept but yeah to totally think the new masquerade is a better build, just in terms of usability and simplicity.  It does like almost the exact same thing but with a lot less fussying around and I think it's a just a way better way of handling the power.

I dont really understand the augment, like, whouldnt the target likely act or fight like their new form anyway because it's a video game and, at least i think, grineer and corpus move and fight and everything diffferent enough that i think it would just work like a model change.  Like I dont think we would normally see a grineer get turned corpus and then continue to move and fight like a grineer.  I hope that makes sense.

I cant really comment on powers that deal damage, with all the mods and such that are around these daysI can barely tell when a base damage for a power is good or not.

Malediction is also really cool conceptually but feels like it would ahre to get a good pay off in game, idk, then again lokis disarm thing is super good (or at least it used to be) so maybe this would be better in game that i think it would be.

Glad it's getting better at least.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...