Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuni_Hermit

The Index is an amazing Credits farm. Thank you, DE.

The Index is an immersive, effective, time-efficient, pleasant way to farm credits. This is some positive feedback for DE so you guys know you did well here. (I'm looking at you, Steve).

Immersive: The corpus are all about MONEY. They worship profit. So how pleasantly appropriate is it that the most effective way to farm credits is by pummeling the Corpus at their own special game? It feels completely in line with the lore and universe.

Effective: Index Endurance, Bronze (Safe) Investment. 75K credits in one mission. It's NOT affected by boosters, because it's delivered as an item. So whether you're a big spending Whale like me or a casual player, it's the same, non-pay-to-win payout.

Efficient: It takes a little over 5 minutes to do the mission mentioned above. It should take you less than 2 hours to farm 1,000,000 credits. If you are desperate for credits and can beat the bronze/safe level of Index Endurance, it's conveniently short.

Who cares that the Secura Lecta credit farm got nerfed? This Index stage was more time efficient before the Secura nerf, if you had no credit booster.

So thank you, Digital Extremes, for a nice addition to the game modes.

Signed,

A satisfied Whale

Edit: After testing, they ARE affected by boosters. So I'm partially wrong, but that means 150K credits in 5 minutes. Much more effective. Hot stuff. Still feels very appropriate to be mugging Anyo for credits. <3

Edit 2: Someone posted me to front page on Reddit! And it wasn't ME! xD I'm Yuniwuff on Reddit, as I posted in the comments thread. Hi there, Reddit!

Tho you could get 1m in 25 waves of akkad, ~1 min per wave with a good squad. And burn it in seconds maxing whatever mod.

I have no regrets

Just now, ArchPhaeton said:

Tho you could get 1m in 25 waves of akkad, ~1 min per wave with a good squad. And burn it in seconds maxing whatever mod.

I have no regrets

1 Mil with or without credit booster though? You also always had to use the same weapon the whole time, as opposed to using your favorite thoroughly-forma'd weapon. There's plenty of ways to win at the index... Ash + Fatal Teleport/Bladestorm, Rhino + Tigris Prime, so on and so forth.

Just let the timer run out after you pass your 25 Index Point goal.

Index is indeed a good Credit farming spot, though i don't really have the need for that because of Sorties..made like 15m ever since Rivens got added. Takes a bit longer, but how often do you spend Credits besides Transmuting or Baro?

Chroma's Effigy would double credit drops in a 10 meter radius.

Energy Vampire Trinity would fuel the Effigy and allow everyone to spam channeled attacks.

Nidus would collect everyone near the Effigy with his Larva.

Speed Nova would get the waves to go faster.

With all of these combined and everyone smacking away with their Secura Lectas, in 40 waves lasting 40-60 minutes, we would make a minimum of 800'000 credits, which after the booster would get doubled to 1'600'000.

The booster it self is easy to get as a free player -- simply get platinum through trades with other players. It isn't a P2W currency because it is used as the main currency for trading between players and there's enough of it to go around.

It was fast, it was efficient and my only regret is not doing enough of it. Though I have to admit, after you recommendation, I will have to check out the index.

9 hours ago, Yuni_Hermit said:

1 Mil with or without credit booster though? You also always had to use the same weapon the whole time, as opposed to using your favorite thoroughly-forma'd weapon. snip-

With booster obviously, which are pretty easy to get as pointed by @VakarisJ

Gear-wise I was also using my fav frames. Forma'd and pimped to taste. And my godly lecta, even without [Maiming Strike]. Tho with the credit rain, that was the least thing to bother us.

9 hours ago, Extroah said:

-snip- but how often do you spend Credits besides Transmuting or Baro?

Bro do you even max rank 10 mods? Build stuff at the Foundry? Trade primed mods in and out? If you don't then I understand you piling up creds.

@VakarisJWe often had that discussion in squads, either to do 25/1 m or 40/1,6~1,7 m and in the end, the consensus was that 25w was more efficient, but 40 had more thrill.

14 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

Bro do you even max rank 10 mods? Build stuff at the Foundry? Trade primed mods in and out? If you don't then I understand you piling up creds.

Oh yeah, didn't count that in. But even then, how often are there new Primed/R10 Mods coming out that you'd need to max out? Or even trade, for that matter. Credit costs are hardcore at the beginning, but once you have all Primed Mods/R10 Mods maxed out there really isn't a lot you could spend your Creds on besides Baro and Transmuting. :p

I'm a trader, I constantly buy unranked primed mods and sell them maxed at 5 times its price. I want to do index runs but not a lot of people do not join and doing solo with specters will take too much time. I have a credit booster and right now sticking with single excavations in hieracon, takes about 4 min in and out. Also you get around 50k and maybe a 400 endo reward as well. I do around 45 runs in 3 hrs for about 2.4M credits

More than 2mil in an hour with a credit booster, sign me up any day! It seems like the best credit farm at the moment and a good way to get some quick cash. Only challenge is getting a squad together, not that many people seem to do the Index. Crazy, its a great farm - thanks DE!

We did endurance silver in 8 minutes (135k) on average and the gold in 13 minutes (200k). So extrapolating I would think something like 8 runs silver and 5 for gold to get a million credits without a booster. Both about an hour then for 1mil credits. With a booster, it's twice as effective.

I'm sure highly optimised teams could do it even faster.  On this evidence, it looks comparable to how Lecta farms used to be except you forgo the resource drops + mods. We found doing Silver more comfortable and overall better, but that could just be because we were lazy about it.

You get point bonuses which help speed things along. If you hold 5 index points, you get 2 bonus points. I think it scales up, but I can't recall how far. We found delivering 15 points at once felt optimal. Having your tank carry and bank all the points is a good idea to avoid financial stress being an issue.

I think as long as you can deal enough damage (hek, tigris, cloaked melee etc) you will be fine to meet the wager requirements. Just don't forget to bank quickly early to get the timer up fast and after you've reached the goal stop banking and let Anyo kill you and score so that the round ends faster.

I really wish the round would just end once you meet your wager target though. It's a bit weird just standing around waiting to die.

On 05/03/2017 at 9:27 PM, _Huski_ said:

after you've reached the goal stop banking and let Anyo kill you and score so that the round ends faster.

I really wish the round would just end once you meet your wager target though. It's a bit weird just standing around waiting to die.

I love the Index for the reliable credits income it represents (and for not hurting my hand with a lecta), especially considering we can do it solo in Bronze or even Silver if we are really well strapped.

But I hate having to wait once the goal is reached, and I also hate how random the shots are on you. Most of the time they only tickle you, but sometimes you get blasted out of the blue for no apparent reason and out of nowhere. In the meanwhile, the Corpus really suck at killing you when you just want to die... Talk about the ultimate troll.

Secura lecta nerfed, from the x11 it had before now it can give x4 max at mr 18, meaning that with 2 chromas, boosters and all secura lectas you can't do 1mil 20 waves anymore, i actually took it to wave 60 and barely got 800k with booster. The index solo takes me 10-15 min high endurance mainly cuz i hate leaving and entering,  thus it remains good for credits while secura farming became redundant. The only improvement the index would need is an extraction point to elimimate the waiting.