Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player feedback, 3 things i RLY don´t like in this game...

Eilanzer

Let me be clear about this I LOVE this game so far, it has amazing graphics and even the grinding is something that i like.
But 3 aspects of this game is almost making me rage...

1- The map of this game is a mess! Not an okay mess, but one of THE WORST maps i ever see in any game! You lose so much time deciphering where the hell you need to go and when you think you are going the right way the simbol just change places and...GOD...give me patience =.="

2- You need to play the @(*()$ stealth missions, and i DON´T like stealth game AT ALL! My DeusEx skill tree was something like a dwarf barbarian! I know there are people that like this kind of stuff and i don´t have a problem with that, i just hope the devs give some option for main story progression, do you want to do it this way OR that way...It is that much to ask?!

3- The UI...GOD...the ui... It is so bad, so clunky just like the map. Just a simple search or change of mods need several ui steps, WHY? If the problem is because of consoles, just make two UI´s depending if the player is using mouse or joystick.

I love this game but these problems and mainly the need to do stealth missions is draining my fun fast, RLY fast. =/

Edited by Eilanzer

1) I get what you mean, but you can always expand the map

2) That's to show you the mechanics of the stealth in this game. It's just something you'll have to try and adapt to

3) I'm on console so I don't know how to respond to this

Why are you forcing yourself to do spy/stealth missions anyway?

1. The thing about the map is that they're tilesets. So each room is generated and stuck next to an adjacent door. It definitely feels different and isn't as polished as games that have maps made in one piece, but once you learn the tiles you'll be zipping past without even really thinking about it. I'm basically on auto-pilot when I'm on my way to the objective.

2. Stealth is a strange thing in Warframe. Early on, it can be a good way to deal with enemies that would otherwise be difficult. Later on though, you'll become powerful enough to just blast and slash your way through the entire map (except on things like spy missions where you can trigger alarms etc).

3. The ui... yeah. It's gone through a few iterations and I like this better than pre-landing craft. Again, it's something I'm used to enough I guess I don't really think about it. 

Overall though (despite how much we like to complain around here) Warframe is a great game and we're always glad to see new faces.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

1) I get what you mean, but you can always expand the map

2) That's to show you the mechanics of the stealth in this game. It's just something you'll have to try and adapt to

3) I'm on console so I don't know how to respond to this

Why are you forcing yourself to do spy/stealth missions anyway?

To enter some planet terminals you need to go trough some stealth missions, there is no option. And some main quests are stealth... =/

and there is no way for me to "adapt",,,I DON´T like stealth games, but games like skyrim, deusEX, dishonored give the player options to go hack and slash and ignore stealth.

Maybe il ignore the pain, grind ivara and use her to ignore most stealth stuff like some people said /o/

Edited by Eilanzer

The map leaves something to be wanted, as there's no definition past the basic hallways. On infested corpus ships, this is especially a glaring issue as there's a second floor you can't reach without taking stairs, and the extraction marker doesn't lead to these stairs. I find often that I'm the first one to get there while my teammates are stuck, so I have to set down a waypoint to lead them to the right way. 

Stealth mission modes are only fleetingly mandatory. 

To make two separate UIs and to update, bug fix, and monitor both of them as well as have them dynamically switch while changing inputs isn't easy. Changing mods on Warframe is more simple than most games that I know with similar structure, I'm tempted to almost call it above what I've played so far. Organizing the mods alphabetically and then scrolling isn't very difficult, nor clunky. On PC, it's rather easy. You don't have to select two places, you simply drag and drop. 

6 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

To enter some planet terminals you need to go trough some stealth missions, there is no option. And some main quests are stealth... =/

and there is no way for me to "adapt",,,I DON´T like stealth games, but games like skyrim, deusEX, dishonored give the player options to go hack and slash and ignore stealth.

Maybe il ignore the pain, grind ivara and use her to ignore most stealth stuff like some people said /o/

I don't think any of the main quests are stealth, because I'm not a stealth guy, and I've never been torn aback by forced stealth. If you're talking about Spy, those can be done without stealth, but they're much more difficult that way. If you really want to call it stealth that is. I call the spy rooms jumping puzzles.

I don't think any of the main quests are stealth, because I'm not a stealth guy, and I've never been torn aback by forced stealth. If you're talking about Spy, those can be done without stealth, but they're much more difficult that way. If you really want to call it stealth that is. I call the spy rooms jumping puzzles.

Yeah, it´s the spy, alarm jumping puzzle boring stuff that make my rage bar full... There is a lot of main quest that need you to go spy mode, Of the top of my head there was one mission to retrieve maroo with 4 stealth crap in a row =.="

There is some maps that you need to go to open a terminal, and the only way to get them is trough stealth missions Ç_Ç

To make two separate UIs and to update, bug fix, and monitor both of them as well as have them dynamically switch while changing inputs isn't easy. Changing mods on Warframe is more simple than most games that I know with similar structure, I'm tempted to almost call it above what I've played so far. Organizing the mods alphabetically and then scrolling isn't very difficult, nor clunky. On PC, it's rather easy. You don't have to select two places, you simply drag and drop.

I understand, and maybe is something that i can forget playing more...But right now to find the mod i want to level is a pain, and the sort filter is so limited. And to go trough the menus, jesus...=.="

2 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

Yeah, it´s the spy, alarm jumping puzzle boring stuff that make my rage bar full... There is a lot of main quest that need you to go spy mode, Of the top of my head there was one mission to retrieve maroo with 4 stealth crap in a row =.="

There is some maps that you need to go to open a terminal, and the only way to get them is trough stealth missions Ç_Ç

I understand, and maybe is something that i can forget playing more...But right now to find the mod i want to level is a pain, and the sort filter is so limited. And to go trough the menus, jesus...=.="

I mean, there is a search function for your mods.

And if spy isn't your thing, you could always go into pub matches. Someone will just use Loki and speed their way through. Or you could learn the (really easy) patterns of the few spy rooms and succeed. The only spy rooms with any thinking really involved are the moon ones, and even then, with practice, you'll succeed. It's okay to lose a few missions man. You won't be able to pick up every game and do good. Just keep at it, and keep a cool head. If it's really getting you this angry though, maybe Warframe isn't for you, or at least spy missions aren't.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I mean, there is a search function for your mods.

And if spy isn't your thing, you could always go into pub matches. Someone will just use Loki and speed their way through. Or you could learn the (really easy) patterns of the few spy rooms and succeed. The only spy rooms with any thinking really involved are the moon ones, and even then, with practice, you'll succeed. It's okay to lose a few missions man. You won't be able to pick up every game and do good. Just keep at it, and keep a cool head. If it's really getting you this angry though, maybe Warframe isn't for you, or at least spy missions aren't.

I will look for some guides...But spy missions aren´t my stuff that´s for sure XD

Apart from spy missions, ui, map i love everything in this game, hell i even love grinding /o/

33 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

I think its not about adapting to spy missions, it's more like LEARNING every spy room. Once you see the pattern (which may take couple of tries) you'll find them easy. Besides on lower leves the spy rooms have more options to complete them and aren't that hard as high lvls (i mean hacks, enemies and so on)

2 hours ago, Eilanzer said:

Yes, get Ivara. She's pretty good if you build her correctly. As far as the stealth is concerned.... I've played this game since 2013 and I have all but three things in the game done. One thing I've learned in that time is that "stealth" is more of a suggestion even on spy missions. Every spy room has a way to do it that is little more than a smash and grab. Also, bring ciphers with you. They'll allow you to instant hack the terminals except for in sortie missions, but you're a long way off from being ready for those.

1) Are you talking about the Star Chart? It honestly just takes some getting used to is all. Once you realize RMB can immediately zoom you out, things become much simpler and quicker. If you're talking about the in-mission mini map, then its mainly a matter of getting used to it really. This applies to any shooter really, especially ones that have a diversity of movement mechanics built into them. Once you get used to tileset rooms, you effectively learn the best method of traversing and the mini map makes alot more sense.

2) "Stealth" missions aren't really stealth missions. They're more like puzzles with 2 or 3 ways of solving them. Once you get a feel for the patterns and pathways, spy missions become some of the easier mission types in the game.

3) I'm not entirely sure I follow about the UI.

Edited by SethCypher

Back before mod points for mastery rank were a thing, I used spy missions for the early ranks of all my frames no matter how un-stealthy they were. As others have said, it's just a matter of learning the best routes.

But if you want to avoid that gameplay entirely then just join a public match and stay out of the vaults while other players complete them for you.

Ivara with the Infiltrate augment makes all spy missions trivial anyway, once you have those it will get much easier for you to solo the stealth stuff.

3 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

if you really fail at the spy, but still love the game >.> perhaps invest in some plat and buy loki (not the best solution, but it's definitely a possibility since loki can get you through 90% of the content in game). 

Why would you spend Plat on something that you can farm? No need for Loki Prime ;)

50 minutes ago, (Xbox One)INZZANE 79 said:

Why would you spend Plat on something that you can farm? No need for Loki Prime ;)

From what I remember loki is only like 75p, and you can't farm him until quite a few bosses into the starchart, which by then you'd already have had to do a whole lot of spys. 

( Component blueprints drop from Hyena Pack (Psamathe, Neptune). ) Which kinda defeats the purpose of failing spy missions in planets like venus or mercury until you go through like 5 planets worth of missions to get there to farm something 

Tks for all the feedback guys, i will search for some guides and i´ve just bought Ivara with a 75%off plat, i know people tell to not use plat with frames...But i prefer to think this is a remedy to make me tolerate the "spy" missions when i do need to go trough them /o/

Obs: Loki is cheaper, but Ivara is "cute"...Fashionframe 100% XD

The tiles are actually probably the complete opposite of a mess. Considering that they are relatively small, repeated, and follow certain patterns or rules. Some do have a bit of vertical gameplay but you need to search them out and get use to them. Not everything has to be straight forward on your first few months of playing. But once you know what the objectives are and start seeing the patterns in the tiles, you'll probably be asking for a "messier" map.

Warframe has stealth in it? Huh...
Even with Spy vaults, if you know where the objective is, you can just trip the alarm, leg it to the terminal and hack it before the data is destroyed and you'll still get the bonus for completing it. As far as I know, the only time I use stealth in this game is when I'm leveling up a melee weapon and I stealth kill to get the EXP multiplier.

As for the UI, guess it's something you get use to. Not the best UI ever but I do think if you consider the plethora of things you need to upgrade or modify in Warframe, they've actually done a really good job.

Most of you problems probably stem from the fact Warframe itself doesn't really tell you how to use the UI, nor does the game give you tips on how to navigate or complete objectives. But play with some people and they'll tell you everything you need to know.

The map marker gets confused at times. It was made for a different game long ago. The more vertical the map with twists and turns the more it gets confused. It's esp bad on Kuva Fortress but they just got cute with that map layout.  I don't think a map marker can help much in that maze anyways.

You don't have to stealth for anything. I have a friend who refuses to stealth. He rolls through every laser grid, trips every alarm and barrels through the game. This might be a surprise but he prefers Rhino.

The UI was changed a few times. Once with consoles in mind a bit too much. It's since gotten back some PC elements but considering it's cross platform. I think they did a decent job bridging the needs of players.

29 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

So you are new and imposing your ideas instead of asking how to it easly?

? o.o her i´m not imposing anything, sorry if my text give that rant vibe, i was just expressing my feedback...Not everyone have to like everything in a game...