Catching up on missed login rewards/days

Volatice

It's killing me that I've missed 2 days now, and will forever be 2 days behind everyone else when getting milestones rewards. My suggestion is to implement a system that would allow us to gain some of those days back until we're caught up again. Something similar to mastery tests and little missions which are restricted to one a day until you're caught up. You would still have to log in every day for your regular one, but if you're behind you have the option to do a test so you can receive another one each day until you're caught up. This would allow players who may not have access to the game every day to still obtain login specific items the same time as everyone else.

Is that rly that important? In my case, if i play the game as frequent as i do now, it'll take only... 11 years to get 550 login reward XD and i dont give a damn :D

I understand that getting some specific milestones like Zenistar is quite desirabel but still... you miss only 2 days

2 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Is that rly that important? In my case, if i play the game as frequent as i do now, it'll take only... 11 years to get 550 login reward XD and i dont give a damn :D

I understand that getting some specific milestones like Zenistar is quite desirabel but still... you miss only 2 days

When you've logged in every day for over a year and then miss a day, it really stings when you've made it that much of a priority. Especially so when you have friends that get things before you.

Edited by Volatice

3 minutes ago, Volatice said:

When you've logged in every day for over a year and then miss a day, it really stings when you've made it that much of a priority. Especially so when you have friends that get things before you.

I guess there's nothing that can be done for now and you'll just have to accept that

1 minute ago, Clawtank96 said:

Maybe make it a weekly quest instead of a daily.

I mostly suggested daily for the returning players that have been gone for months so they can quickly catch up. As I tried to hint at in the main post, there would be a cut-off once you've caught up (total amount of days since the login system was implemented).

I like the idea of catching up mostly since I stopped playing over the summer and joined a few months after they changed the system, I'm always seeing videos on the weapons but need to wait around 200 days to get it myself. I'd like something where you log in for 1 week straight and you gain 1 extra daily reward ( Until you catch up) 

Life happens...

There are times when I want to login to play, but like now, am unable to. Since I'm borrowing a laptop, and not on my regular computer.

I wonder what the dev's think?

And would something like being able to spend plat to catch on missed days be another plausible option? Hmm...

1 minute ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Life happens...

There are times when I want to login to play, but like now, am unable to. Since I'm borrowing a laptop, and not on my regular computer.

I wonder what the dev's think?

And would something like being able to spend plat to catch on missed days be another plausible option? Hmm...

I would be willing to pay plat to catch up on the days I've missed if that's what it takes.

1 minute ago, Volatice said:

I would be willing to pay plat to catch up on the days I've missed if that's what it takes.

It would give the devs another avenue of potential revenue that is not pay to win, since the idea would be to only be to catch up with login milestones and can have inherent drawbacks in doing so to keep it fair and affordable.

1 hour ago, Volatice said:

Honestly... Boohoo. So your friends get things slightly sooner than you. The login reward systems is to reward exactly that, logging in, not playtime. Playtime is rewarded differently in the game. If there were a system to catch up it would ruin the login system and really, be another P2W step. Missed 100 days? who cares, catch up in 100 days and always be the first to get everything as long as you pay plat for it? No thank you. I've missed a day or two myself, so what? For those people that didn't... kudos to them.

Vets deserve something,

I honestly don't think this needs to be addressed. This is coming from a player who has missed basically two months worth of Daily Logins.

The Daily Login is supposed to encourage...well a daily login. Giving you the ability to just catch up to everyone sort of defeats the purpose of the system.

Not everything can cater to the needs and wants of players, sometimes stuff happens and you just deal with it.

4 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Honestly... Boohoo. So your friends get things slightly sooner than you. The login reward systems is to reward exactly that, logging in, not playtime. Playtime is rewarded differently in the game. If there were a system to catch up it would ruin the login system and really, be another P2W step. Missed 100 days? who cares, catch up in 100 days and always be the first to get everything as long as you pay plat for it? No thank you. I've missed a day or two myself, so what? For those people that didn't... kudos to them.

Vets deserve something,

^Yeah, It would be an insult to veterans whom have served their days if a new player just bought in 600 days.

To OP:

'Catching up' with Login Tributes will only lead to less gametime and inactivity. People would have nothing to work towards if you can pay for everything. The current Login system makes sure that there is a constant flow of players online so the game stays alive. These kinds of incentives makes the continued development possible for this game so we can enjoy this intriguing journey of Warframes' growth.

I've invested in this game with a Founders Package, because I want to see it succeed as it has insane potential. If you could pay/catch up in the Login system; I would see it as a threat to the development of this game.

It hurts, when you finish 2nd in historical race, but you must learn to let go. Remember that you still were at the tip of the iceberg. Everyone can't be the first, because then the fundamental idea of the system would cease to exist.

Edited by -Zr-Scroll
formatting

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Has anyone actually gotten past say 200 or 300 days and let it drop for a few weeks?.

Always curious to know how it played out. Did it reset back to last milstone or what?.

it never resets, it's an accumulation of login days. it's just a counter of how many individual days you have logged in.

Eh, I'd say forget about it, people are quite supportive of this.
I'd actually agree that as soon as you miss a few days it looks more like a punishment than a reward, but I guess the majority has spoken.

I find it weird that they decide to reward me for logging in every day and immediately pressing alt+F4 for over 2 weeks, but whatever...

4 hours ago, -Zr-Scroll said:

a new player just bought in 600 days

That would require them to login for 300 days plus pay for an extra day for each day they log in if this were to be implemented, and that's only assuming that DE would take the plat route, there's still the route of approaching it like Mastery tests but ultimately you still have to login every day to get your catch up days one day at a time (on top of your normal login rewards) and of course there would be a cut-off once you've caught up. I see your point here but I just felt I should make that part more clear.

As someone who is WAAAAAAAAY behind everyone else- no. This is nothing more than a pointless complaint about a system working as it was intended to reward people who make time for the game every day as opposed to those that do not. If you do not have 2 minutes to simply log into the game, you're clearly doing something that is much more important than getting a little reward and it should be the least of your concerns.

This is so petty. Harsh words, I know, but thats literally all that comes to mind when I see topics like these, including ones not related to the login rewards system. When its something as minor as this that ultimately gives other players no significant "advantage" (and I use that term loosely since WF is 99% PvE) over you. If there was a way to catch up, then it would effectively defeat the whole point of the login rewards system, doubly so if the way to catch up is through playing special missions etc, because they might as well just be in game rewards of thats the case.

I really, really don't understand this sort of mentality.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
grammar and junk