Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you even care about Hydroid ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I get the sense that no one wants to see this guy improved , I hear a lot about a limbo rework or wanting zephyr to get one . But no one speaks about improving hydroid as if he's not even in the game anymore. 

IMO he needs a rework more than limbo and zephyr . I literally never see a hydriod 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Yup this, his 1& 4 when you give more range just spreads them further apart but keeps their reach the same.

his 4 anyway, power range only affects the impact radius of the barrage, and not the radius of the whole ability, but still, the randomness of the barrages is still a problem

he's my least favourite frame to play as, but that doesn't mean I don't want him fixed, if anything it makes me want his rework even more. he pales in comparison to Nidus on every level, he's too squishy to survive endgame, and doesn't have powers that defend him like Banshee or Nova does. his passive is also total garbage, what is a single tentacle gonna do vs a bunch of Bombards?

I hope he gets looked at once DE are done with Limbo.

There have been people asking for Hydroid to get a rework in chat during streams for some time now. I don't play him that often but I can see where he needs improvement. I remember talking with my buddies about potential changes to his kit -- like maybe adding corrosive damage or a proc to his 1 -- and then they made an augment that did that. His passive seriously needs to be changed and I'm not really a fan of his 3. Synergy across abilities is something I'd like to see in every frame but I can't see much of it in his current setup. But there are fans of the Tentacle Daddy. They're waiting with bated breath for his time on the table because they know he's due.

2 minutes ago, GKDK said:

I never liked his name and looks. But I'm looking forward to his prime and rework. 

Only after Zephyr is reworked cause I swear Zephyr's are near extinct in the wild. 

Well after the Synoid Spamulor was introduced and then the fix (or nerf as many cry) to the Tonkor auto headshots they kind of died off.  I remember seeing lots of them because they could make the Tonkor shoot like an RPG.

Hydroid is one of my favorite Frames to play as I love using his passive with the Zenistar stance attacks. The slams will make the tentacles come out and grab either what I am attacking or something coming up behind me. 

His Barrage is okay. It is better with short duration (as well as his Tentacle Attack). I use it mainly as a bothering attack more than anything else....until I get the Corrosive mod. 

He is fun if you are playing a game for fun. If you are all business....stick to Synoid Mirage and run as fast as you can through the game until next update. 

Give Hydoid the Vauban/Ivara selection for his 1and 2. Allow him to have the Barrage, Waterfall, Moisture, other water attacks and he would be BEAST. Every Frame needs rework in an ever changing game....but Hydroid is better than most say because he takes understanding to use instead of instant gratification.

We definitely do care about Hydroid! We've found some really interesting threads in the past couple of weeks and he's being talked about a lot lately. Limbo does come first for the most attention right now but we certainly see a fair amount of requests for Hydroid love too.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I literally never see a hydriod 

Run JV with me, bud, you'll see a lot of the monster.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We definitely do care about Hydroid! We've found some really interesting threads in the past couple of weeks and he's being talked about a lot lately. Limbo does come first for the most attention right now but we certainly see a fair amount of requests for Hydroid love too.

Just please don't do what you did to Mag to either of them... Albeit Mag's not COMPLETELY terrible, but let's face it, other than the Magnetize, nobody uses any of her abilities with the exception of the occasional Pull. But you have to admit, since the rework, how many Mags have you seen running around? I haven't seen a single one.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The only thing Limbo needs is a cane.

and maybe some sort of fur coat.

Edited by Silence00

He was used quite abit, he was really good for farming items but DE nerfed his syndicate mod to where you had kill the enemies with the tentacle to get the rerolls. This drastically reduced him appearing in missions more. I know, this is the reason I don't use him. Nekros is better at this current time.