[DE]Danielle

Baro's New Groove: Adjusted Arrival Time!

On 1/31/2017 at 10:54 AM, Kereler said:

I couldn't even get to Baro because I'm MR7 ;(

you don't have anything to worry about. baro's showing up at leonov, so i think you're checked for mastery rank.

On 1/31/2017 at 11:41 AM, Bibliothekar said:

Serious talk for a moment - what is DE's gorramn problem with using UTC when communicating stuff like that? You have players from all over the world, and I'm sure the majority of those know the UTC offset of their local time. But I have to look up the offset for EDT/EST every flipping time. And you're the only games company so far I've had that problem with.

Do My Eyes DEceive me or are you a Fellow "Firefly" Fan... Kudos my man!

Edited by Runeglyph

I don't understand why everyone doesn't just farm all the ducats long before he comes, then you only need 5 minutes to buy whatever you are going to buy. A little bit of planning would alleviate the whole problem.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tehjester said:

I don't understand why everyone doesn't just farm all the ducats long before he comes, then you only need 5 minutes to buy whatever you are going to buy. A little bit of planning would alleviate the whole problem.

Some people only have the weekend, that's why. Personally, I work Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday 9-12hrs a day. That's not including the 1.5hrs travel time each day. I know I'm not the only person here who can't login to grind out relics and prime parts consistently during the week and when I do get a day during the week where I could, that's my "I need to get groceries, housework, etc. done" time.

Can't please everyone ever. What do folks do? Wait till he shows to get ready for him?  

Thanks for the info. Can prepare and know the cut off. Fair enough.

I like that he's coming earlier. I don't have class on Fridays, so it's wake up and Baro's here. However, it is unfortunate for me this time since i haven't had much time to open relics to exchange for ducats lately 

DE should have put some stuff that would make the naysayers happy with this announcement. like a primed serration/splitchamber fused mod with 50 ranks, that comes already at max rank for 1 credit. and you get 1000 plat from Baro just for browsing.

On 09/02/2017 at 2:45 PM, tehjester said:

Because not everyone has time to play during the week due to work? For some people, weekends are the only times they can. And when does Baro spawn?

...Oh, right.

On topic, I'm not really sure why they put this change through this week if they wanted to test the strain on the servers, yet also brought back Acolytes, which adds a massive strain to the servers already. I'm not finding relays any less laggy than they were the last time Baro was here, and matchmaking is derping left and right just like it did last time too. So I'm curious, how did this help?

Edited by Cat__Nap
  • Upvote 1

On 11.2.2017 at 2:38 AM, Cat__Nap said:

Because not everyone has time to play during the week due to work? For some people, weekends are the only times they can. And when does Baro spawn?

...Oh, right.

But Baro only comes every other weekend. So on the weekends he's not there, you do fissures to get ducats, and on the weekends he is there, you go shopping and maybe do some more fissures for those last 5 ducats you're missing.

9 hours ago, Djaevelgor said:

Great does doing this Baro event give me the ability to change my profile picture? I'm totally n00b here. 

If you've bought the profile icon, go (in game) to Profile -> Glyph, select and confirm. After that, you have to log out of the forums and back in for it to change here as well.

On 31/01/2017 at 3:55 PM, (Xbox One)falconpwnch0234 said:

i agree he should depart at that time

ah well.. it is what it is....

yea it is what it is but for us that work its hard to find the time to get to him at all was lucky this week cos of holidays but most of the time miss him or only have time to farm 1 item :( but if it was 9am on a monday would be so much better

On 2/7/2017 at 5:04 AM, MoxX228 said:

I really don't understand why people complain about Baro being around longer. The only circumstance I've encountered personally was with the new relic he brought. For all the other items, you buy it and your done. You have what you need/want/intend to sell, and then you keep playing the game. If you are waiting until the last minute to farm Ducats, that's honestly poor preparation. You have 2 weeks inbetween visits to gather all of the Ducats you need. After this last visit, I immediately started farming again, and by the Thursday after he left I was already back up to 1500. Please don't put a strain on the Dev's when all you really need is more focus on what your goals are in the game. Make a list of what the priorities are, and just start knocking them out one by one.

Farming for ducats early is throwing money errrr plat away. You can sell relic rewards for plat. Having a constant 1500 ducats when you have no idea what he is bringing is bad economics. Waiting to see what he has and then either turning your prime parts into ducats or having to farm them is def a better option. What you are essentially suggesting is buying 4,000 plat and then saying I am not going to spend 2,000 of it "ever" just in case something comes out later that I really want. I know that probably does not make sense but and someone will say just bank all your relic rewards and not spend them until he comes ....  it is what it is. There are better ways to reduce server load instead of creating timing issues f or everyone. But hey that is for them to decide. It's not like what you think or what anyone else thinks is going to matter.  If more people are playing on Sunday vs Saturday and it's causing network/server problems its a no brainer! 

The way I look at it is just another way for farmers to bank inventory then sell to the people who can't play on Fri or Sat. I know it is hard to believe that some people have lives and families out there but there are a few. 

The real reason I am responding:
As far as people responding to a change and and as you put it creating  a "strain" on the dev. <I have no words for this.... literally> Might as well make it suuuuper duuuuuuper easy and just  take Baro away completely and slap "random" rewards on relics, you know like a mystery reward possibility or even better yet just throw them on the sortie reward table. THAT would take "strain" off of the devs. I mean it's not like developing is their actual job.  Don't get me wrong I love this game I really do and I have GREAT respect for the dev team they have a big big table of plates. But for someone to come out as "nice" as it was to tell people to stop making suggestions, voicing opinions, giving feedback on changes made in the game is a bit much. I mean this game is nothing but prioritized grinding already. Until you reach MR 23, have all frames/weapons forma'd, school branches unlocked, syndicate items and raid arcane items collected everyone prioritizes their grind. 

Edited by forJAT

6 hours ago, forJAT said:

Farming for ducats early is throwing money errrr plat away. You can sell relic rewards for plat.

That's assuming everybody is willing to delve into the cesspit that's trade chat. Also, I have about 300 gen1 Lith relics left (and I already burned through about a hundred) - there's nothing in those relics anyone could possibly want at this point, except the rare rewards. So I see no problem with throwing all that 15 Ducat stuff at Baro (because the 1 or 2 plat I might get for them definitely isn't worth my time) and make sure I'm prepared for when he comes.