[DE]Danielle

Baro's New Groove: Adjusted Arrival Time!

31 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Don't you mean dysLEX(prime)ia?

Ha. I'll see myself out...

lol. You know I'll be Baro-ing that joke right? I'll follow you to the Exit. 

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Bibliothekar said:

Serious talk for a moment - what is DE's gorramn problem with using UTC when communicating stuff like that? You have players from all over the world, and I'm sure the majority of those know the UTC offset of their local time. But I have to look up the offset for EDT/EST every flipping time. And you're the only games company so far I've had that problem with.

Because they operate out of a EST time zone, and that's where the majority of their player base resides.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Serious talk for a moment - what is DE's gorramn problem with using UTC when communicating stuff like that? You have players from all over the world, and I'm sure the majority of those know the UTC offset of their local time. But I have to look up the offset for EDT/EST every flipping time. And you're the only games company so far I've had that problem with.

We'll there must be a good reason. After all the daily resets are on UTC. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero
  • Upvote 1

Just now, KaizergidorahXi said:

the majority of their player base

Yeah, no. The majority of the player base is scattered all around the globe. The largest single group might be US/Canada, but that's still four time zones. Also, all the servers run on UTC (especially "midnight" for the login rewards), so Baro's arrival time shifts by an hour depending on daylight saving anyway.

• Upvote 11

From 6PM to 3PM of my time ... I'm not sure if i like the change... but if its for the stability of the game (Baro), I'm all that.

So from 5pm to 2pm for me, that works I guess.

Though I do wonder if making Baro just appear for the whole weekend would be better, like appears with daily reset (which I believe operates on UTC time) for Friday and leave on the daily reset for Monday.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

They aren't the only game developer who uses EST time. Nor is it a big inconvenience for you to manually convert the time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

They aren't the only game developer who uses EST time.

Maybe, but the only one I've dealt with. Others put announcements like that in the launcher and let it calculate the date/time to display from the Windows setting.

3 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Nor is it a big inconvenience for you to manually convert the time.

Big enough that I'm getting more than just slightly annoyed every time I have to waste five minutes instead of ten seconds on this.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bibliothekar said:

Maybe, but the only one I've dealt with. Others put announcements like that in the launcher and let it calculate the date/time to display from the Windows setting.

Big enough that I'm getting more than just slightly annoyed every time I have to waste five minutes instead of ten seconds on this.

I've seen AAA developers use EST time. Although they tend to also include UTC and Pacific time as well. Also, I doubt it takes you five minutes.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Great, now he shows up at 6am for me. 

I'm not changing my sleep schedule just to get the most out of Baro and his new Relic, thanks DE.  Why not have him stay until Sunday evening?

• Upvote 12

So basically, he's only here on Friday and Saturday now?

With the old times, it actually felt like 3 days. Now you have to play WF before breakfast to catch him on Sunday. On Friday, not much will change. 

Why the time change? Why not just make it all day Sunday until reset?

Feels like a step back to me. 9 am is too early to log onto WF. It's like losing a day

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Upvote 14

2 hours ago, NovusNova said:

So from 5pm to 2pm for me, that works I guess.

Though I do wonder if making Baro just appear for the whole weekend would be better, like appears with daily reset (which I believe operates on UTC time) for Friday and leave on the daily reset for Monday.

That would be a 24 hours extension to the current system. I think it would be good, but I'm guessing the devs only want Baro to be there for 48 hours tops. 

He really should depart on Monday. Would it really be a problem if he departed, say, at Monday 3 AM of devs' time zone? It would give all players full weekend to farm ducats for his stuff. Right now it's more of one and half day, depending on time zone more or less. Setting depart time at 9 AM will shorten it drastically for many players.

• Upvote 7