[DE]Danielle

Baro's New Groove: Adjusted Arrival Time!

22 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

It would give all players full weekend to farm ducats for his stuff.

You should have those Ducats farmed before he comes. ;)

My problem with the new times is rather that he departs early Sunday afternoon, so if I'm away for the weekend, I'll miss him.

• Upvote 3

That's some doody though. 
Changing the time to that kinda says a big 'screw you' to anyone who works early shifts. Thinking on it now, maybe Baro is just here for too little time? We really don't have any less time than before, it just really drives it home that there's no reason he can't depart on Monday. Just give players the whole weekend, by that time either everyone has what they want, or they weren't going to try anyway. It's not like it really has a huge impact on the plat market, it just keeps the general player happier than what the current setup is.

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, KangarooCornchips said:

Why not depart at 9AM on Monday instead?

this please; the current change is just a downgrade that means everyone on the east coast has less time to get ducats

• Upvote 7

Ducats are obtainable any time. Even when you are writing a complain about baro's change.

Don't waste time, farm ducats

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Is there a reason for the change in times?

ETA: And if there is one, can you share it?

I think it probably is to balance out their server load. If he appears this early in the morning, not many people in the US and Canada are gonna be there for his arrival, so the network is more likely to stay stable. The other option would have been to make him appear in the evening EST to make Europeans/Russians less likely to wait for him. 

This is probably a reaction to their biggest network spike as of yet (and the resulting network problems for the us) when Baro arrived on Friday. 

Could you make it policy that Baro brings a new primed (anything) each time he visits? Its hard to get excited when you have literally everything in his list that he sells or if not a new prime each time then maybe have him bring a random type of Riven for sale (Pistol, Melee, Companion, Kuvat, Shotgun, Rifle, ect...) so we have more then a single way to get them that isn't entirely RNG based? On that topic we would also enjoy if Baro would take unwanted riven mods for some ducats in his store kiosk too.

2 hours ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

this please; the current change is just a downgrade that means everyone on the east coast has less time to get ducats

Yeah, and what about west coast? we're 3 hours behind so that means he leaves at SIX in the morning on Sunday.

Can he just leave at Midnight UTC Sunday instead?

• Upvote 2

As an australian this is a great change.

Baro Arrives 1am saturday and leaves 1am monday.

I have no idea why DE made baro arrive at the start of a working day in america instead of at the end of the working day.

(Arrive 6pm friday, leave 6pm sunday) but this works quite well for my group of players.

• Upvote 2

The changes, for my schedule, are pretty much a whatever kind of thing, but what I'm wondering about is the reasoning behind this change.

Can you please enlighten me (and the forum, as a result) on why it was necessary to change his visitations to these times? A bunch of people visiting him while he's up doesn't sound like much of a reason. Moreso an observation with an arbitrary change on top of it. The mention that it will probably remain also rules out the possibility that you guys are just testing a new time to see if it works better for the playerbase.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

On Friday, February 10th, he will appear at 9 AM ET and depart at 9 AM ET on Sunday, February 12th (time converter here).

Instead of time converter why don't you use GMT/UTC?

• Upvote 4

This is the exact opposite direction of where you guys needed to go. Why on earth would you make it even harder for us to use Baro? It's already difficult for people who work weekends to be able to get anything from him, and now you're shortening that window when you should be extending it. Just because he appears 3 hours earlier really doesn't mean anything because his spawn time is when everyone's at work on Friday...

Awful change if this is permanent.

Edit: Seconding the (repeatedly suggested) option of having him until that time on Monday rather than Sunday, or at least 12am EST on Monday so we have the full weekend.

Edited by Cat__Nap
  • Upvote 12

Yeah, leaves too early on sunday for me with this.

Please, as others have suggested, either keep him until first thing monday, or shift to the general daily update/reset.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Can you please enlighten me (and the forum, as a result) on why it was necessary to change his visitations to these times? A bunch of people visiting him while he's up doesn't sound like much of a reason.

So far, the time he arrived was afternoon for US/Canada and evening for Europe. So two huge groups of players are at home and able to log in as soon as he drops in, leading to massive spikes. With the new times, he'll drop in the afternoon for Europe, so most players there will already have visited him by the time the US people come home and can play.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Yup, and it seems like it's not gonna stop anytime soon.

tumblr_okizwei6GU1r8zoy6o1_1280.jpg

Since when is the king of the nerds a weatherman? (for those of you who dont actually understand that. Chris Hardwick...)

Please don't do this! Many of us work on Fridays (who doesn't) and the change will only remove his Sunday hours,  not add anything. Just make he stay until evening in the Sundays, please. 

• Upvote 12

Can we please hear a reason for this change?

As I see  it, Europe will have Baro visit from Friday 2PM-4PM to Sunday 2-4PM. An enormous amount of people would benefit if instead Baro left on Sunday 9PM ET, which would translate into Monday 2-4AM for Europe, much easier on people who play over weekends.

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

They aren't the only game developer who uses EST time. Nor is it a big inconvenience for you to manually convert the time.

Every time I look at time zones a little switch flips inside of my head: "WTF is this time?!"

Seriously, I have to keep track of:

- daylight saving time for my country (yup, we still have it)

- DST for a neighboring country (someone important to me lives there)

- UTC time (our company's servers operate in UTC)

- random acronyms for DE's update, streams, etc

- these random acronyms for Steve's streams

Frankly? I'd be more than happy if all the announcements, streams, etc. where in UTC. That's a no-brainer to convert it to your current time, anywhere.

• Upvote 5

I don't "get" the change either.

Most of the players have work / school on friday... And most people go out on friday nights. So it's kind of a waste to have from 9 to midnight with Baro avialable, as people simply won't be there to farm ducats. When it was 2 PM on sunday, it wasn't so bad, as people usually finish work or school at 4-5 PM, so they could get back home with only a couple wasted hours of Baro presence.

But the worse part is the sunday issue. In the past, Baro would depart at 2 PM on Sunday, which was a little too early for most people, but still allowed people to wake up early and farm ducats on Sunday before he departed. Now, he departs at 9 AM on sunday, basically meaning unless you pull an all nighter and don't sleep, Sunday is pretty much useless now. Are people going to wake up at 4 Am to farm ducats on Sunday ? No, just no...

That's what I don't get. Most people's weekend consist of Friday night, saturday and sunday. Most gamers don't have time to game much during the week... Meaning they do the bulk of their gaming on Saturday and Sunday . Heck, sunday is the "sacred" day where most people regardless of religion have a day off...

If there's one day where people are avialable to play games, it's on Sunday. Even in the old system, it was always dumb to pull the plug at 2 PM on a sunday imho... People tend to oversleep and relax on sunday, last thing they want to do is to wake up extremely early and game.

And with the proposed revisions, a perfectly good gaming day (sunday) is now ruined in regards to baro ducats farming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My solution :

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Baro needs to have the following adjustments.

Friday - He arrives at 12Pm (Sortie reset time)

Monday - He departs at 12 PM (Sortie reset time)

Yes, i'm aware it extends Baro's stay for one full day, which is fine, as it covers the whole weekend instead of the confusing "Friday to Sunday" stuff we have now. It would also allow people that have a busy weekend planned (camping trip or something) to do some farming on Friday night and in-extremis farming on monday morning before baro departs. The fact it would follow sortie timers would also allow people to easyly figure out when he departs by checking the sortie counter... Basically, no need to worry about annoying timezones and going to the relay to check times. Easy, simpler, more customer friendly.... Please fix this.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Upvote 8

19 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

You should have those Ducats farmed before he comes. ;)

My problem with the new times is rather that he departs early Sunday afternoon, so if I'm away for the weekend, I'll miss him.

I already do and I have same problem as you.

ugh, not very happy about this. And my fellow "Argentenno" aren't either: Baro comes here around 15:00 PM. that's enough time to farm all night, wake up and spend all our ducats before he leaves on sunday. Now we have to get up early on saturday and some of us got to go to work and ughhhnnnn is annoying. Not "the worst that could happen ever" but annoying enough.

I'd vote for Baro to stay up until monday. Or rather try another arriving time for him.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Detheris said:

As an australian this is a great change.

Baro Arrives 1am saturday and leaves 1am monday.

I have no idea why DE made baro arrive at the start of a working day in america instead of at the end of the working day.

(Arrive 6pm friday, leave 6pm sunday) but this works quite well for my group of players.

Psh try 4 am saturday

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing the time change, but it would be nice to know why.  Just a suggestion...but... Being that this is a less convenient end time for many, you may have a higher adoption from fellow Tenno if a clear reason was given.   As Merry Poppins once said, "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down."  I feel like I just got a dose of cough syrup without my sweetener.  Like most, I work on Friday during the day, so the earlier start time makes no difference to me.  I can't visit Baro until after work anyways.   I've gotten in the habit of waking up early to play on Sunday so I can tie off any last minute runs/trades with Baro before the family is up and ready for the day.  With that said, I can see this being a deterrent towards gaming in the morning.  Since ET is a couple time zones ahead of me, there's really no way now I can visit Baro on Sunday.  Shouldn't changes come with natural incentives to play the game?  Here's where we come back full circle...where a justification would be helpful.  In the meantime, here's to playing less on Sundays...I guess...

• Upvote 1