[DE]Danielle

Baro's New Groove: Adjusted Arrival Time!

So then Baro will arrive 4 hours earlier than normal if I'm working that out correctly?  He normally shows up at 6pm U.K time, so with the change he'll show up at 2pm U.K time, am I getting that correct?

On 1/31/2017 at 5:41 PM, Bibliothekar said:

Serious talk for a moment - what is DE's gorramn problem with using UTC when communicating stuff like that? You have players from all over the world, and I'm sure the majority of those know the UTC offset of their local time. But I have to look up the offset for EDT/EST every flipping time. And you're the only games company so far I've had that problem with.

This ^

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to sync all the changed missions, Where to do the many update for warframes and steps to take to move on with mission story lines . It goes on.? Anyway who is Baro's , I new this game very well till 3 or 4 month back . I'm not finding the help as easy now! I people have changed I still see names I remember but they also haven't logged to warframe since .Anyway that's why I ask. If you no anything that might help pls message me . Thanks I will follow this anyway .  

9 minutes ago, (PS4)weblocks said:

Anyway who is Baro's

Guy that shows up in a random relay every two weeks. You can exchange surplus prime parts for Ducats at his kiosks that you can in turn use to buy stuff from him. For more details, ask the wiki.

26 minutes ago, slotsch said:

Worst Timeconverter ever...

Thing is - you could even get yourself a shareable link with the timezone(s) of your choice ... but apparently that'd be too much work. You know, filling in one date for ET and then copying the URL.

Edited by Bibliothekar
  • Upvote 1

INB4 another disappointing inventory full of mods we already have and skins we don't need. Thanks DE, I really appreciate it.

Keep working on those invulnerable eximus enemies, we can't wait for that patch.

• Upvote 1

On 31/01/2017 at 2:41 PM, Bibliothekar said:

But I have to look up the offset for EDT/EST every flipping time. And you're the only games company so far I've had that problem with.

IMO everyone should use GMT, but, since no one does, just add more clocks to your Windows and be happy:

aYwt5YH.png

Will baroo have axi e1 relic?
you can link it but only if you have it. You cant do it the same with meso f2 even if you have it too

mistake or truth?

This would benefit a lot more of people if Baro left on monday instead. You have access to him for 2 days every 2 weeks. That amount of time is already really short. Doesn't help that your playerbase isn't always free on the weekends. Some of us do work on weekends and barely have enough time to play on those days. And even after work, most players are just exhausted from work, let alone wanting to play. A increased of his duration would be most beneficial.

• Upvote 6

30 minutes ago, SystemData said:

This would benefit a lot more of people if Baro left on monday instead. You have access to him for 2 days every 2 weeks. That amount of time is already really short. Doesn't help that your playerbase isn't always free on the weekends. Some of us do work on weekends and barely have enough time to play on those days. And even after work, most players are just exhausted from work, let alone wanting to play. A increased of his duration would be most beneficial.

^ This.

I spend more than half the time he's here either working or sleeping (and I don't get enough sleep as it is). The time really needed to be extended, not shortened (and yes, going back 3 hours IS shortening it, because people who actually, y'know, have jobs, are at work when he spawns on Friday). Sometimes I'm just too tired to be grinding for Baro, or even to get on Warframe period. Why couldn't he be made to de-spawn on Monday at the same time instead? That gives us nights on the weekend in full and would work a lot better for a lot of people. Regardless of time zone, everyone would have more time. Right now you're just screwing anyone in NA that works weekends.

• Upvote 2

On 31/1/2017 at 4:44 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

...and depart at 9 AM ET on Sunday, February 12th (time converter here)...

Didn't you mean and departs at 9 AM ET on Monday, February 13th?

My definition of weekend usually includes Sunday, so I could happily accept and departs at 12 AM ET on Monday, February 13th. That's also accepting that somewhere in the world still will be Sunday for a few hours

• Upvote 2

14:00 to 14:00 for GMT players.

This is awful. I work weekends, this gives me even less time now...

• Upvote 1

What worries me isn't really his changed time. It's all the people complaining that it doesn't fit their particular timezone when the general world populace accepted that the world is round a long time ago and we have all of it divided into each hour of the day. But, apparently this is the age og "ME", the age of "US" is long gone.

The goal i presume is to have baro be a weekend animal. As such the timezone arrival and departure times should reflect the earliest earth hour of friday and the latest earth hour of sunday possible. But thats just me wanting to give everyone an equal shot at him _any_ time during the weekend that he is up.

I do agree with several posters that perhaps him being weekend exclusive isn't the best of options though due to weekend work schedule or weekend trips, and having him overlap into monday would possibly (but not certainly) be a better option for the majority. In which case i would propose the same as the above paragraph, but counting from saturday to monday instead (earliest and latest earth hour for both f ex 00:01 UTC-12 and 23:59 UTC+12).

Edited by Onds
missing words
  • Upvote 1

It's a bit bad news for those not in the US.

For example, Europe is loosing Baro early on Sunday, I know lots of people want to visit Baro before that, now they have even less time (and extra time on Friday that Baro arrives they are usually at work/school/etc)

Please extend it maybe by 12 hours to Sunday 9PM ET?

• Upvote 2

On 2017/1/31 at 5:41 PM, Bibliothekar said:

Serious talk for a moment - what is DE's gorramn problem with using UTC when communicating stuff like that? You have players from all over the world, and I'm sure the majority of those know the UTC offset of their local time. But I have to look up the offset for EDT/EST every flipping time. And you're the only games company so far I've had that problem with.

I wouldn't say it in such a rude manner, but I generally second this.