[DE]Danielle

Baro's New Groove: Adjusted Arrival Time!

Yeah, not a great change. 9am - 1pm on Fridays must be a low traffic time for at least most of NA. Not sure what it converts to in china. But change is a negative change for anyone in NA timezones. You are getting 9am - 1pm on a Friday for 9am to 1am on Sunday which is a much more accessible time for more people.

As it was you got Friday evening, Saturday all day and Sunday morning. 3 playable times.

;late friday to late sunday would likely be better for more people.

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2017 at 10:54 AM, KangarooCornchips said:

Why not depart at 9AM on Monday instead?

This makes a lot more sense.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HeliumPrime said:

On the devstream (if I remember correctly) they mentioned that the time change was to lower the amount of internet traffic that causes connection problems (not just relays but throughout the game) whenever Baro comes.

Then Baro should get with the new millennium, call up Jeff Bezos and let us order his stock from our lisets.... then nobody would be crowding the relays to get to baro.....

• Upvote 2

now it's more easier for us and other warframe channels to know when he will arrive thanks DE and AKtully will we get a new AKibo weapon or AKlex prime again or AK-47 because that will be great

I really don't understand why people complain about Baro being around longer. The only circumstance I've encountered personally was with the new relic he brought. For all the other items, you buy it and your done. You have what you need/want/intend to sell, and then you keep playing the game. If you are waiting until the last minute to farm Ducats, that's honestly poor preparation. You have 2 weeks inbetween visits to gather all of the Ducats you need. After this last visit, I immediately started farming again, and by the Thursday after he left I was already back up to 1500. Please don't put a strain on the Dev's when all you really need is more focus on what your goals are in the game. Make a list of what the priorities are, and just start knocking them out one by one.

• Upvote 2

I really don't get the point of this change. It will be an inconvenience to a lot of people.

Sunday was accessible for me at that time, now I have one less day to access Baro.

As other people are suggesting, it would make a lot more sense for him to leave on Monday.

• Upvote 2

That's 16:00 in South Africa, 4 hours earlier. and Y is his void stuff so expensive? he literally has 1'000s of player buying his products.

On 31.1.2017 at 4:54 PM, KangarooCornchips said:

Why not depart at 9AM on Monday instead?

For Europe his leaving time is quite bad. Sunday evening he just leaves too early.

I don't understand why he's not there for the whole weekend.  Also the first game I've played in a few years that doesn't take into account peoples varying work schedules.   2 days means there's a very high chance people work through his entire visit. Plus all the time zones the game needs to cater to. Friday to Monday makes the most sense, but to not even have him there for all of Sunday on top of an earlier Friday start is just weird and inconsiderate.

• Upvote 2

Why did Baro's arrival and departure got changed to something earlier? This doesn't make sense, nut I hope and guess it does have sense for DE.

The original time for ET was 1pm (arrival) on friday and 1pm (departure) on sunday. For europeans, you can generally add 6 hours to that, making it 7pm arrival - 7pm departure, which would cover a bit more the weekend than what NA players get (which lose half of sunday of buying stuff and/or grinding).

I don't get why Baro should get there earlier knowing many people around the world work on friday. At that time, you generally have less players playing. Apparently it pleases some europeans and other players from somewhere else around the world that have a very different timezone than most of the player base. I do wonder what CST players (NA west coast) think of this change, knowing it makes it even harder for them to actually profit of Baro's visit (becomes 6am friday - 6am sunday, wow so cool).

I re-ask my question : Why did they change Baro's arival/departure time?? Even though the time was a bit weird, it still was better than this change.

47 minutes ago, MissDidy said:

Why did Baro's arrival and departure got changed to something earlier? This doesn't make sense, nut I hope and guess it does have sense for DE.

His last visit lead to a major spike in users visiting the relay, slowing the servers to a crawl. Until now, his arrival time was so that pretty much all of the Americas and the EU were online at that time (afternoon in America, evening in Europe). With his new time, it'll be afternoon in Europe, so most players there will already have visited him by the time the American players are back from school/work and log in, thus smoothing out those spikes.

55 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

His last visit lead to a major spike in users visiting the relay, slowing the servers to a crawl. Until now, his arrival time was so that pretty much all of the Americas and the EU were online at that time (afternoon in America, evening in Europe). With his new time, it'll be afternoon in Europe, so most players there will already have visited him by the time the American players are back from school/work and log in, thus smoothing out those spikes.

Seems pretty logic, but it doesn't seems fair for NA players to get "less" time to visit Baro than other players.

I don't remember having trouble accessing relays, though I can understand others may have had. Lobby 1 was completely full, but then there was 7 other lobbies to choose from... about 4 more than usual. I think DE knows that the relay where Baro is will be crowded for those 48h, so at that point, the server slowness shouldn't be much of a thing. I am no expert in servers and all that related stuff, but I know getting more or better material, when you know you'll need it, is quite the explicite solution with nothing else changing. It may seems stupid, but those 4 hours less leads to almost a day lost.

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

And there's still no reason why him leaving at 9am on Monday doesn't make more sense. Same time, still won't be at peak playtime, but we'll actually have Sunday, and his appearance won't lag out the servers. Win-win.

Cutting him out entirely on Sunday is just an awful solution when there's a much better compromise.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cat__Nap said:

Cutting him out entirely on Sunday is just an awful solution when there's a much better compromise.

Hey, I'm totally d'accord with you on that. It'd be way better if he showed up on Saturday and left on Monday. Well, maybe not for Australia and whoever else sits right next to the International Date Line. But that's probably, no, certainly way fewer players than those who get screwed over now.

5 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Hey, I'm totally d'accord with you on that. It'd be way better if he showed up on Saturday and left on Monday. Well, maybe not for Australia and whoever else sits right next to the International Date Line. But that's probably, no, certainly way fewer players than those who get screwed over now.

Didn't say he should spawn on Saturday. If they wanted to move the times up for peak playtime traffic reasons, they could've let him spawn on Friday at 9am (as they have planned), but keep him until Monday at 9am, rather than Sunday at 9am. Or at the very least midnight on Monday morning, so we'd have all of Sunday. Moving it back 3 hours and basically removing Sunday as a day we can access Baro is a huge mistake. I wouldn't mind the time change if they extended the time he stayed overall.

Thanks for the update. Good to know DE is working hard at making the game very slightly more inconvenient instead of trying to improve the game.