Dojo Clan Sizes: Alliances, Tiers, And Changes. Coming Soon.

[DE]Rebecca

The Dojo System brought with it the unlimited growth of clans, a problem we’ve known has needed solving for a while. The resources did not tier based on clan size, which has been an issue since day one.

Continued growth will create additional technical issues (Consider the scenario of a 7000 person clan all being on at the same time, that is 7000 unique connections hitting the game server and each other all at the same time). A lot of  highly-populated clans have attested to contact list and matchmaking issues, a problem that will only get worse with unlimited clan growth. Furthermore, complications emerge in events like this weekend’s when we want to have fair competition.

We are implementing something to fix all of this soon. The solution we have creates a new system: Alliances (Coming Soon!). Alliances have unbounded growth with no technical issues. Alliances can have an infinite numbers of Clans. Clans will be divided up by size and can have up to 1000 members.

The different sized tiers will be as follows:

Shadow Clan (up to 10)

Mountain Clan (up to 100)

Moon Clan (up to 1000)

Resources required to build Dojo components will multiply by 10 with each tier (i.e. A Shadow Clan needs 1 Ferite, Mountain Clan needs 10 Ferite, Moon Clan needs 100 Ferite.) You can increase your tier by building a larger Clan Hall.

If you are in a current clan with over 1000, you will be split up into separate units of up to 1000; the choice is up to the clan members which unit they join. The original Warlord of the clan will be the founder of the Alliance, and all split-clans can join the Alliance if they choose to remain a whole like-minded and goal-oriented unit.

If your clan is affected by this (presently 13 clans have more than 1000 members, and of these 13, 3 will have to create more than 2 Clans), your Dojo will be copied for your new Clan so no work on your original Dojo is lost.

TL;DR? Clan size tiers coming, three tiers of clans will exist. Resources will scale per tier. Current clans with 1000 + members will be the first to form “Allainces”, a new system to allow unbounded growth. All Coming Soon!

tumblr_m0w1w0E7vK1qcf1bgo1_400.gif

Cat's out of the bag (excuse to use .gif).

Really interested in hearing more about this, it sounds like a very big change.

Surely it wouldn't be as noticable or painful for certain people in the future, but the big problems always come while the system is being changed.

As a Leader in BROFRAME (Which literally means nothing), I want to know about the control levels upon split.

• Will the Warlord be allowed to organize and choose how to form the alliance and clans properly? Choose the Warlords, choose the players that go in each Clan, etc.
  • Will the Warlord have full control over all individual-Clans'-Warlords within the Alliance?
  • If a Clan gets split into 6 pieces, what will happen with the names for example? It isn't going to be BROFRAME(1), BROFRAME(2), BROFRAME(3)... right?
  • Will there be Rewards for Shadow, Mountain, Moon clans, AND Over-all-Alliances (As seperate categories and seperate Dojos, Except Alliances-tier will reward all allied clans) in Operations from now on?
  • Will a clan with 6500 players for example, be able to turn itself into 5 Moon clans, 10 Shadow clans, and 14 Mountain clans? --- Or, will they be limited towards 7 Moons / 6 Moons + 5 Mountain?
  • Will a Warlord be able to make himself a Shadow Clan with 9 trustworthy Alliance-co-founders / Officers of his, and still control the other 6+ clans that are in the Alliance... From the shadows?

If so, this will practically give Warframe the best way to handle "Officer Chat + Groups Within Guilds" in videogame history. It just sounds efficient, and extremely freaking cool.

I have some questions just as a Clan member in general, too. The most important one is organizational issues...

I think it is vital for there to be a way to select all inactive players when controlling your alliance, and basically have Data-charts that you can organize by category. I've seen some games with similar things in Guilds and such, but I'm not sure how well that would work in Warframe.

An example would be:

Name, Clan-Rank, Playtime in Warframe, REGION, Mastery Rank, Last Logged in on..., Current Clan within Alliance, etc.

Warlords will be able to kick off or isolate inactive players in their own Sub-clan until they return, or even create Region-based Sub-Clans within the Alliance

Basically, if this change is made to the Clan system - I hope you continue to refine it from its core as well to allow an easier experience for all Members, Warlords, and... How are Alliance-Leaders called?

TL;DR - Moar delicious details for my mind to consume and overthink.

Edited by Feam

Hmpf... last Time i saw a post about the Clan sizes it was Shadow Clan (1-30)... its rly bad that it has changed like that because we already chose to make a Clan with max 30 Members... would be much better to make Shadow Clan up to 30 or a clan from 11-30 and give them the x3 of the current costs of the Shadow Clan...

Edited by Fatalityyy

Ah, any possibility of 101-500? People seem especially fond of that bracket. I'm not certain its a great idea, but it has been brought up fairly often.

I'm kind of unhappy with the tier names though. Shadow, Mountain, and Moon? There isn't a whole lot of consistency there. Mostly I was just looking forward to referring to 100-member clans as River clans. I much preferred to think of 100 people as a tranquil river rather than a mountain. A thousand people, now that's a mountain.

Edited by Shmidley

So how much exactely will the ressource requirements change for each tier?

Will Mountain sized Clans experience any change? Will they have to spent more or less ressources in the future?

For example. Do Shadow Clans only have to spent 1/10 of current ressources to build stuff and Moon Clans 10x as much while the ressources requirements of Mountain clans will be unaffected?

Ah, any possibility of 101-500? People seem especially fond of that bracket. I'm not certain its a great idea, but it has been brought up fairly often.

I'm kind of unhappy with the tier names though. Shadow, Mountain, and Moon? There isn't a whole lot of consistency there. Mostly I was just looking forward to referring to 100-member clans as River clans. I much preferred to think of 100 people as a tranquil river rather than a mountain. A thousand people, now that's a mountain.

Shadow starts on the ground mountain climbs the skies where finally the moon lays.

Welp,

I guess the small clans like mine don't matter anymore if they have more than 10 people.

*sigh*

I guess we split into 3 Shadow Clans and build 3 different dojos since we were waiting for DE to implement the clan fixes.

Edited by Kalenath

Hmpf... last Time i saw a post about the Clan sizes it was Shadow Clan (1-30)... its rly bad that it has changed like that because we already chose to make a Clan with max 30 Members... would be much better to make Shadow Clan up to 30 or a clan from 11-30 and give them the x3 of the current costs of the Shadow Clan...

Im guessing this was changed due to people complaining that 30 was not a small clan so they dumbed it down to 10 due to everyone complaining.If you remember in one of the live streams Scott was asked what he considered a small clan and he said a number above 10 and people were like "OMG thats way tooo many scott,we barely have like 5 members etc. etc.".