The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficult riven mod help- Kill Sentients without taking damage

Driftwood

Question

Trying to open a riven mod with the challenge "Get the killing blow on 2 sentients without taking damage". Honestly I'm kind of stumped on how to do this without just having someone else do all the work and have me come in at the last second. Anyone have any thoughts on how to do this one solo? 

15 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

Trying to open a riven mod with the challenge "Get the killing blow on 2 sentients without taking damage". Honestly I'm kind of stumped on how to do this without just having someone else do all the work and have me come in at the last second. Anyone have any thoughts on how to do this one solo? 

I've gotten that one before, i think i scrapped the riven since it wasn't for a weapon i was ever going to use though :/

I main banshee, so i just ran with my highest damage Sonar build. It only takes one or two shots from my sybaris to kill them - One at least, the other catches on kinda quick. But i don't think the riven requires them to be killed in succession. You should be able to kill one, then run a second mission for the other.

I did it as Ivara (invis-cheese + Artemis bow). Just wanted to mention that apparently "damage" means specifically damage to health. I got hit with the shield-only attack and still got credit on kill. I was busy dealing with Stalker (who decided to join the party), so I was expecting to have to redo things. It was a pleasant surprise (and Stalker finally dropped Hate, so double win for me). 

Not sure if that's how DE intended this to work.

21 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

I did it as Ivara (invis-cheese + Artemis bow). Just wanted to mention that apparently "damage" means specifically damage to health. I got hit with the shield-only attack and still got credit on kill. I was busy dealing with Stalker (who decided to join the party), so I was expecting to have to redo things. It was a pleasant surprise (and Stalker finally dropped Hate, so double win for me). 

Not sure if that's how DE intended this to work.

Is it seriously just damage to health? This will be way easier than I've been making it. I was resetting any time I got hit. Probably gonna go with Nezha+lots of elemental damage. 

Update: This challenge is way different than what I thought: So I can take damage during the mission, but any time I take damage between the first time I kill a sentient and the second the counter resets. Used guns to kill the first one then activated Madurai focus to wreck the second one. The wording on these riven mod challenges can apparently get kinda vague.