Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey DE, Good job putting the kuva siphon on the other side of the sabotage

Troll_Logic

Brilliant.

Way to go.

Capturing the kuva burned the timed for the reactor.

Found a couple more kuva map errors.

I was in a rescue kuva flood mission and the siphon was after the rescue. So now the players have to fight off the defenders, harvest kuva, & keep the target alive. That is extremely poor map design.  

I was in two capture siphon missions yesterday.  The first put the target close enough to the siphon that the siphon & target were activated simultaneously.  The second put the hostage after the siphon (which is good) but put him close enough that triggering the siphon also triggered the target to run.

Edited by Troll_Logic
Added additional examples of logic errors in placing siphon

I often end up in pub squads with people who refuse to wait on doing the reactor. It's rapidly becoming a serious pet peeve, so much that I don't want to do public kuva sabs anymore. I really wish they'd make sure the siphon spawned on the way to the reactor, or maybe delayed the timer until the siphon is done.

There is a Grineer planetside tileset where you have to disable the blah blah.  Sometimes the Kuva Siphon gets hidden behind a locked portion of the map until you finish the Sabo.  Then as you smash the reactor, the 5 min timer starts.  Make it to the Siphon, collect the Kuva, and make it to extraction all before then.

I think I'm 4 of 5 so far in those scenarios.

^ And if it's a Flood, I always do them solo.  Pubs love to mess stuff up, bring lvl 3 weeps, and are often get the most revives in the mission bait. 

Edited by -Fe-McHamm3rShot

I did a Kuva Flood assassination mission with the Jackal last night and the siphon machine was right next to the locked exit door that only opens after killing the Jackal.

I could still complete the siphon destruction but had to watch in vain as it captured a few clouds while I was killing the Jackal.

But yeah, I've also experienced numerous instances of siphon machines behind other locked doors like with Rescue and sometimes with bad luck, a timer as well.  I'm sure DE will tweak some of these issues to make it better in the future, but we'll have to live with this now.

34 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Here is an idea, not do fire sabotage then, you do knwo you can also do ice or magnetic sabotage without triggering a timer that way like fire does.

31 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Well, if you're worried you won't be fast enough, do the coolant instead.

Stop doing stupid stuff in the missions. :clem:

Sure, that would have been better, but both of you are still missing the point.

Putting the kuva siphon AFTER the goal in any mission is stupid and poor programming.

There may be some ways a team could adapt to some of the scenarios, but it's stupid and no good reason for it.  There is no arguing that.

31 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Nope.

If you would like to accuse DE of ruining your mission you better provide some evidence, poor grammar is an invalid argument.

It's really a generic thread saying "DE I messed up and I demand you fix it".

Edited by SeaUrchins

7 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Putting the kuva siphon AFTER the goal in any mission is stupid and poor programming.

There may be some ways a team could adapt to some of the scenarios, but it's stupid and no good reason for it.  There is no arguing that.

Devil's Advocate here.  Since the mission type requires us to get two (2) coolant cells before gaining access to the reactor, it would seem that using the coolant is the intended way to go.  :D   Just giving something for thought. 

48 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Here is an idea, not do fire sabotage then, you do knwo you can also do ice or magnetic sabotage without triggering a timer that way like fire does.

Not all sabotage are fire/magnetic/ice he may be talking about the one in the desert or the corpus one with a simple reactor to shoot at.

2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Not all sabotage are fire/magnetic/ice he may be talking about the one in the desert or the corpus one with a simple reactor to shoot at.

Those don't have a timer after you take out the reactor. At least not one I remember.

Edited by DatDarkOne
edited

14 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Its not poor programming sorry but doing the reverse would be coding aberation.