Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Special Enemy & AI Devstream #87

[DE]Rebecca

Salutations!

Regarding AI...will we see some sort of advanced commands for our companions-be it specters,pets,or syndicate allies?

Also...once we go on "our" legs (refering to ((Spoiler)) ) can we see our warframes having some sort of AI-as in following us...perhaps borrowing the AI from the specters we can craft?

Will we have more tiles that involve Archwing enemies-perhaps some sort of big open space,where the AI will interact with an console to spawn them?Perhaps we'd be able to do the same,break a window and spawn our own archwing?...Yeah getting sidetracked...anyhow

Will companion AI,here regarding mostly kubrows' get a look at?The kavat AI appears to be supperior to them,and way cooler (cats are love,life)-they jump on walls,do flips and kill whole squads while the kubrows....get stuck at doorways (Though my cat,Isaac,appears to love getting stuck between the falling door in my Orbiter...haha)

Spoiler

yM7XvJz.jpg

I'm sorry bout the mess before editing....I just had to post my question before even reading the whole post...im so sorry,....still thanks and i cannot wait to see the dev stream!...Go team!

Kisses,hugs and coffee mugs...and much love...DE...love ya'! (Am I going too far?)

Edited by top4o11
I suck at reading

Might it be possible to separate Operator faces from the associated body types? So you can choose male/female body type with any face you want?

There is a discussion about this here.

While at the topic of Operators, while this is a bug that can be easily worked around, it doesn't quite feel the same to having to NOT use Operator for decorating Orbiter.

EDIT1: After reading the post directly before mine, remembered that I was also looking forward to having those animations (and while at it, possibly fixing the fact that Operators have no animation for Follow emote at all).

Also, I asked Steve about Narta usage for Operators as well on his Sunday stream, and he said he will ask other people about it, what became of it?

EDIT2: Snap, probably should've read the OP before posting this, my questions are art and animation basically. Oh well... will have to wait for another opportunity to bring those up, then. :C

Edited by royallyTipsy

howdy de! 

first time posting in a q post and i wanted to ask if the AI of the helminth charger going to change alongside the remodel or is it going to stay kubrow like? 

i find it a bit creepy that those adorab-ugly creatures act like dogs while the actual chargers act in a more direct way, i mean, they are far more aggressive than the kubrow AI is, sooo yeah.. i really like the new companion though, just hope for a little touch on it AI wise since you are working on a new model.

any chance to see nightwatch enemies become part of some storyline,not only one event type??

Replayable quests whey?,some enemies are exclusive to some quests they can be in normal missions(codex entry)?

any chance to mods like impact damage,cut damage ,punch damage to be rework to new types of enemies?

Addressing AI, would it possible within Warframe to have the enemy be able to respond to morale changes? Another angle would be dynamically increasing or decreasing aggression against noisy players/enemies versus quite or stealthy players/enemies.

Will random events, mid-bosses and overall variations teased recently be introduced to extermination mission?

Can we have infested really swarm on us on occasions? That Glast Gambit mission with "they are coming through walls" moment was awesome (sadly super easy as well and not repeatable)

Will we have larger units like mechanized walkers and overall bigger targets with possibly weak points etc? Juggernauts are tiny and kinda pathetic now...

Can we expect map segments upgrade, to the point when no important element is repeated? 

Have you considered creating enemies with stealth specializations? According to its concept art, the Manic was originally devised/advertised to be a stealthy enemy (climbing around on the ceiling to drop on players), but ended up being more of a miniboss with invisibility during its invulnerability phases. Could Manics see a rework to be more like their original design?

Players have finite scaling, while enemies don't. High-level enemies eventually get to the point where they can one-shot even the strongest Warframes; while this can encourage players to fight tactically, it often leaves players with only the option of stunlocking enemies just so they won't spend the entire match on the floor. Have you considered solutions to this, such as adding a damage cap to some enemies (for instance, Sapping Ospreys) so that their damage cannot get too out of control in missions like Sorties?

Do you think the design of enemies in Warframe, particularly bosses, relies too heavily on invulnerability phases in order to make them more than momentary threats?

Presently one of the top complaints about The Index is that Specter AI renders them virtually useless compared to enemy combatants, making them more liability than help in small squads. Is there a reason for this gap, especially considering many of the humanoid Corpus enemies in The Index use Tenno-like tactics?

Nekros, Nyx and Inaros each have abilities that manipulate enemy AI, while Chroma, Atlas and Duality Equinox can summon their own minions. Will players ever get a way to command and control their minions and Companions (Kubrows and Kavats)?

Edited by Archwizard

Oh my goodness! I have been waiting a long time for enemy and AI changes, this has piqued my interest!

Squad tactics? Dodging attempts? Tactical retreats? Reinforcements based on combat demands? Modular weapon loadouts for more enemies as shown on Comba and Scrambus (bonus points if enemies can go to lockers to change weapons)?

Imagine the possibilities! This may just renew the Warframe combat experience for me!

On the topic of AI, the question I have regards companions like sentinels, kubrows, kavats, and specters.  
The ability to mark a target for squad visibility is nice, but could it possibly also trigger companion targeting?  
It seems odd to me that having highly trained pets and programmable robots that can't be ordered to target something we prioritize.
I honestly have no idea, the coding that this would require but would it be a possibility to have you be able to actually command your companions this way to increase their usefulness?

Steve: During one of your Sunday Streams, you had this "wow" moment when a group of Grineer were all hiding behind cover and waiting for you to enter the room. How would you feel about breathing new life into the enemy as a whole by having them react on more than just an individual level? (ie Making it look like there's a General who's actually issuing orders)  Some examples:

• Setting up massive barricades to halt your progress, complete with traps, mounted guns, and one very large squad, all behind cover. (P.S. This would make hijack missions much more interesting)
  • Locking the door behind you after you enter a dead-end tile, followed by enemies appearing all around you. (Aka "It's a trap!")
  • Having real assault teams that move as one through the level, from cover to cover until they reach you. The Nightwatch would be great for this, and Space Mom already warns us about so-called assault teams, but currently that just means more enemies are spawning.
  • In larger rooms, having "rushes", in which the power to that room is cut, and a large group of enemies start pouring in from every single doorway.
Edited by DeltaPhantom

Sapping Ospreys: is there any plan to look into those enemies in the future? I'm not an expert but for me their damage scaling seems insane.

Also, during a Nullifier stealth kill they get semi alerted and pop their shield either way. Which means e.g. for stealth frames losing invisibility and possibly alerting other enemies instantly if they happen to look towards you.  Is this intentional?

Edited by Kratzwerk