Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Special Enemy & AI Devstream #87

[DE]Rebecca

I just want to say that I don't usually watch the Devstream right away, so I won't see the answer to this immediately. So thanks in advance if you guys can get around to my question

But, Warframe is undoubtedly a great game. Lots of sci-fi, ninja, mythological stuff going on that makes it fun. But really it just seems like a massive, endless resource farm. Always farming XP, always farming syndicate reputation, resources, etc. This gets old, at least for me, really fast. Trying out new frames, weapons, & other gear is always fun, but like I said, this endless farm of things gets old. One of the things that makes it worth while though is the quests. For example, I loved 2nd Dream & TWW, & as proof I've run through both of them at least 10 times each. But, like I've said, it gets old & redundant. I think Warframe needs something else there to be added.

I want to know, is there even the slightest chance, in any way, shape, form, and/or size, that there could be some sort of open world addition to the game? It wouldn't have to be seemingly endless in  other games like EVE, but at least something that players could go around and explore without any mission objective or purpose other than exploring a large map. The "map" could really just be a bunch of maps. For example, the mars tilesets can be put together and molded in a way that people can go out and explore it for resources, achievements, and lore items (like Kuria).

I know this would probably be a massive undertaking to add to the game, but I still think it's a good concept to consider for future updates.

How about making Eximi more unique in appereance and behaviour? Right now they are buffed, aura'd versions of enemies that otherwise behave the exact same way as their regular counterparts. Why not make them behave based on their abilities?

How about giving energy leeches a connection beam or some kind of marker to locate them? Or maybe LoS changes? They can be very annoying to deal with when hidden in a crowd or hidden behind a wall or in a nearby room, especially infested leeches on Eris.

Have you thought about power nullyfing enemy abilities (such as yes, nullifiers themselves) having a little more tolerance on types like buffs and whatnot for weaker frames and/or those that are more reliant on them for survival to give them a small chance on higher levels with more crowds? (Like shortening their active time or halving their lifespan instead of insta-delete)

What secret lies beneath Steve's cap/beanie?

Edited by RahuHordika

Since the last Devstream, we've had several glimpses of the new Bard frame and the sound synthesizer. So far, it looks amazing, but it doesn't seem like there is anyway to extend any notes. I realize that you're not a music theory game, but could we perhaps see an extension that some of us could buy for platinum that would allow for more advanced music composing?

Hey,

On the topic of Artificial Intelligence in general, most people have forgotten that the Synoid Heliocor is able to summon an enemy when killing with a channelled attack (this is because the standard Heliocor is flatly superior as a melee weapon stat-wise since slow melee + status builds don't mix). However, the A.I of the summoned specter is... lacking, to say the least and lasts a very short time (while being limited to one at a time). Can you please consider "increasing" the level of it's A.I (or at least the aggressiveness) to make up for the short time it's available?

last night i was arguing about this kind of stuff
- will be there more AI mechanism for enemy to attacking us? all i know is enemy always attack using same pattern . maybe it will be good if enemy have more mechanism/pattern to attacking us
- Hoping better AI and design for zanuka , make it more fearsome for us tenno like stalker

3 hours ago, (XB1)sadnessmanifest said:

I've recently been informed that an endurance run of The Index (with the maximum buy-in and a win) should yield around 400k.

Cool, how long does that take? I heavily dislike the index from Nidus quest, so I'm not sure how happy I am about having to do that.

by chance are you guys going to do more with the infested door and the chair inside. also can we get the carry number of kubrow eggs put back to 2 or even to 3 sence most kubrow dens drop 1 to 3 eggs per mission run?

oh yeah when should console tenno get the frost skin.

p.s. i am loving nidus he kiss major butt and i am ready for the hialmeth skin rework.

Will there ever be a status chance berserker? Will consoles ever get a resolution scaling feature to improve framerate performance because any time theres a squad of 3 or more people the framerate usually hovers around 40 fps or lower at all times. Fang Prime buff? Glaive prime buff? Why did I get 2k endo 5 times in a row for a sortie? Will arcanes ever get moved to sorties and if so will raids receive more arcanes at once to compensate?

Q1 will we ever have a new system? (Tau system) it would be nice to expand the junctions and planet exploration 

Q2 Will infested get a more sinister look? as they resemble monster marshmallows as of now. And will Infested missions have dimmed lights?. Or pitch darkness to make us rely on light and/or noise. I would love the creepy element. To make players rely on survival other than Op weapons 

Q3 Will we ever see a quest that starts off in a map or location other than the Lotus telling you your objective?

Ive started Warframe about a year ago. And already falling for the story and gameplay. Got a Vauban prime and going strong and wanted something scary....and planning on something in the future based on the Awesome game, Keep up the good work.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream87_1080p.jpg

Join us this Friday, February 3rd for Devstream #87!

Who: Rebecca will be joined by special guests Tom & Dan (and maybe more!) to cover AI & Enemy Design: Present and Future!

What: We're organizing Friday's stream into many sections covering Warframe's enemies, including a focused Q&A! We want to give everyone an overview of what changes you can expect to existing enemies as well as what lurks in the future!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, February 3rd at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on February 3rd!  Please put your AI & Enemy Design focused questions in this thread! Questions not relating to this topic will not be considered.  

Will Corpus Crewmen have a more combat-oriented outfit in the future?

Will regular enemies have more non-combat tasks such as repairing, chatting, chilling and interactions with each other during idle?

Will the Infested ever have randomized body parts?

Edited by ChickenBar

Here are my little inquisitions:

1. Any plan to bring the lore of past events (EG: breeding grounds, Tubeman, gradivus dilemma) as they bring a very important flavour to various characters into the game to let newer (and past) players experience the story be it through some kind of small quests or codex entries? While it is accessible on the wiki, this kind of world building is in my opinion something we definitely need in the game.

2. Are there any augments that are being worked on right now? More specifically for more recent frame (Inaros, Titania, Nidus). Also is there any chance that we will ever see an augment for Exalted Blade? While there are many very interesting augment for many frames Excalibur all seems on the lower end of the spectrum having a new augment would do him good.

3. Now that we have rivens, whjat are the plans toward weapons augment and weapon specific mods? We are well overdue for new syndicate weapon augment and weapon specific mods have pushed a few of them in very good position or at least presented them to a new crowd of user.
    Were syndicate weapon augment discarded in favor of specific weapon mods?

4. While i know you will probably mention it, what is the current state of the helminth charger new look?

5. On the topic of pets, any plans to streamline the pet system into something more efficient and less troublesome? For example being able to un-stasis as many pet as we want (all of their health would decay) but to only have a chosen one roam the ship, allowing for quick selection from the arsenal UI.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Scully51xx said:

it says2pm EDT  but buddy convertor say its not used and most EDT use EST Im assuming ur in Canada but that has 2time zones 1hr apart. Im in the UK. So PLEASE can u advise ur location for Devstream so i dont have to miss ur broadcast Thankyou

EST is the winter time zone and EDT is summer time zone, which means they're pretty much the same. 2pm EST friday is the devstream time. That's when I watch it and I am in the same time zone.

If we're talking enemy design, lets include placeholder bosses (The Sergeant, Phorid, and the dual fight on Ceres that makes no sense in the lore especially for new players). So, whats the progress on replacing/updating these? Replacing the placeholder content should really be a higher priority than new content (cough *War Within* cough cough)

1)Limbo rework?

2)Enemy animations making them immune to finisher triggers and knockdowns when?

3)What are the teams's thoughts on adding LoS to enemies that deactivate powers or drain energy? Currently there is no counterplay to an energy drain or powers being remotely turned off from range. Can we see breaking LoS and using cover a fix to this?

4)When will inconsistencies in enemy powers and player power interactions be fixed? Iron skin is supposed to provide CC immunity yet bursa knockdowns knock him down. Why are the recoveries slowed when that's not the case anywhere else in the game?

5)Sapping osprey fix please? OHK in spammed AoE in slightly upper level corpus missions is not fun.

6) Scorch and Hyekka master DPS check?

7) Thoughts on enemy levels and difficulty affecting rewards and loot drops? Please give a reason for fighting higher level enemies other than 'challenge'.

Any plans to allow Chroma effigy to follow you or move around?

With the introduction of riven: Given how they work in selecting weapons and the fact more weapons are sure to be introduced are you concerned about dilution of any single pool?(example: Rifle Riven mods) If so, do you have any plans to counter this, such as special consumables or other aspects?

Have you considered implementing a VTOL style control scheme for Archwing? Any plans for new maps, nodes, and enemy types for Archwing?                                                                        

Are you looking into eximus auras? some are far more effective than others.

Most other players have mentions units just charging at you and hoping for a hit, what will you do to make enemies more dynamic in their approach both offensively and defensively?

you have mentioned varying the relays between planets. is this going on still? what about the AI within each relay, any changes to make them planet specific?

Chihuahua Kubrow (no relation to anything)