Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Special Enemy & AI Devstream #87

[DE]Rebecca

AI:

[DE]Steve mentioned in his streams he would like to see enemies to coordinate more to face us - like a squad strategy. I like this idea and suppose this will be discussed on the stream so I'll have to wait for more info. However, I was thinking where could this strategy be effectively applied. Because you can't make a successful ambush if there are only two places to hide in a big room, or let a sniper safely take good shots in a small corridor. Having said that:

• Wouldn't it be necessary to revisit and update older tile sets so that more rooms allow diversified combat approaches? Or, in order to every unit to be used at their best, shouldn't specific units spawn and remain in specific rooms? 
  • On a more personal note: I wish enemies could learn how to set traps based on local environment. Push some rocks into your head, pump a heavy flow of water/ green goo, cut a power cable to zap you, etc.

Enemy Design:

• Any new robotic animal coming for Corpus? A robotic bear would be an awesome addition.
  • It is known that some enemies are able to perform an action even when they suffer knockdown. Have you considered changing their current stationary animation into a "walking animation", as if the enemy has to give two steps to build momentum and only then perform such action? 
  • Any plans to adding melee attacks to the Syndicate Operatives (kick to push close enemies)?
  • Ever considered creating different skins for common enemies? So that a Charger won't look exactly like all the others, a Moa will have a different decal etc.
  • Do Maggots grow into adults? Would be cool if they fed on the red mutated tumor stuff that appears in infested tile sets, and became a new nasty monster.
  • There are some creepy things in Regor's underwater lab, any chance we'll see a weird mutated monster swimming around?
  • News about wildlife? Earth feels empty without cockroaches.

I would like to see some kind of effect when in range of a leech/parasitic/toxic eximus. Same with the Combas and Scrampus. Yes, the Combas and the Scrambas have the ai scrambling and the abilities lock, but that doesn't help a player track down where they are to engage. All they can really do is run a direction and hope it's towards the enemy to kill them, or away to get out of their range. At least nullies have the bubble you can see. Like a giant bulls-eye.

With Leech/Parasitic/Toxic you find yourself out of energy for no reason, (or out of health, in the case of the toxic.)

I know the developers at DE don't want players to just steamroll everything in their path, but I would like to remind them that a warframe relies on their abilities and weapons to survive. The warframes with the highest energy pools are generally the squishiest, which means they are the most vulnerable when that pool is empty. It's one thing to put in moments of danger, but I don't personally find it fun when I'm being overloaded with high armor enemies when I have no energy-- we need that energy, yes? To cast Hysteria, Molecular Prime, Invisibility/Prowl/Smoke-bomb.

Edited by OkamiA

First off, I'd like to take a moment to say thank you for this recent change:

Enemies no longer receive a mental perception of an attacker, but rather mental perception of the source object. This causes them to play a reaction and become alert, but not have any extra information about the player. Enemies that are shot with projectiles that are silent and/or without a sound effect will now report a visual perception (rather than doing nothing). Previously enemies knew the exact location of their attacker when taking damage, regardless of the source.

Omniscient AI is a problem when it doesn't serve - or, worse yet, directly conflicts - with player expectations (damaging immersion) and/or the experience you're trying to deliver.
It would be difficult for me to overstate how thrilled I was to see this change.
<tl;dr starts here:>
A constant complaint of yesteryear was walking through a door and getting bowled over by an Ancient that had started charging before you were in LoS of each other because it knew you were there, you didn't know it was.
Relatedly, one of the moments that stuck with me from my early time with Warframe was skulking around the Void tileset, 30something minutes into a Survival with my brand new Loki Prime, trying to pop life support in a different room from the one the rest of my team was defending - I walk through a door and see a Corrupted Heavy Gunner 'alert-walk'ing (gun raised, slow advance) in my team's direction, head (apparently) tracking the movements of one of my team... through a dozen walls, 3 tiles away.

Long story short:
I know that it's far from trivial to do, but is this the start of broader... idk, the term, 'AI ignorance'?
e.g. If I'm invisible, and I'm not making noise or touching anyone, the AI doesn't know where I am.

-----
Speaking of 'thank you's:
Thank you for limiting Bursa and Rampart turn-speed.
It made a huge difference in the experience of facing them.
-----

Conculyst Sentients have a 'whirlwind' spinning attack to follow the player, which makes them invulnerable until it ends, multihits with knockback/knockdown, and continues chasing until it hits.
Is this working as intended? If so, what's the intention?

Other Grineer can get behind Shield Lancers to benefit from the cover they provide. Unlike Ramparts, Bursas, and Shield Lancers themselves, this means that flanking around the shield actually causes vulnerability to the deeper ranks.
Problem is, the Shield Lancers will divert their shield so they can fire, even if others are depending on them.
Is this an intended action?

On a related note: Are Shield Dagryns working as intended?
Recap: Invulnerable perma frontal shield, no vulnerability windows (unlike Shield Lancers, whom you can shoot over the shield, and when they 'open up' so they can open up on you), causes damage on contact (penalizing melee), and instant turn/rotation so the shield's always facing you.
If so, what are the intended solutions to the problem they pose? (Note - I intentionally didn't use the word puzzle.)

7 hours ago, (XB1)Scully51xx said:

it says2pm EDT  but buddy convertor say its not used and most EDT use EST Im assuming ur in Canada but that has 2time zones 1hr apart. Im in the UK. So PLEASE can u advise ur location for Devstream so i dont have to miss ur broadcast Thankyou

So far they generally used EST. Best option would be to check in game, because when you get to Friday it will say "Starts in X hours" in the news thingy. For GMT+00 the devstreams are generally around dinner time so just check during the early afternoon or so.

Hello DE!
-When Will be, and whether it will visual upgrade the old Prime WARFRAMES (Excalibur, Frost, Meg, Rhino). 
-Will the ability to add in Tenno Gen not only sandan, but also armor? 
-Make Visual changes Tiberon (that was painted metal as the metal)

New Loca death squads too overpowered on high level missions - healers, toxic aura, fire nova, energy drain. Any plans to weaken them?

And Steel Meridian death squads too easy. Maybe it is a good solution if you replace Rollers with Rollers Sentry.

Any chance for improvement kubrow and kavats AI for avoid ground hazards like mutalist toxic gas, mines and energy fields of corpus ospreys?

What about new sentient enemies?

Grineer manics very fun enemies (imho). More enemies of that type? Or increased chanse to meet them if alarm triggered?

Hi, my question is related to Ancient Disruptors and more precisely to their ability to drain your energy, I'm fine with it when they do that with their "heavy arm", but it's a bit irritating the fact they can drain energy with their hook, even if you block it. Since energy is really important to survive in many high level infested missions, where the amount of enemies can easily overcome you, it's difficult to avoid in time their ranged attack, can you consider the possibility to remove the drain from this specific attack? Thanks for your time and the wonderful game.

Will Kubrows (and probably Kavats) see AI improvements? Also, will we get a way to command them ("Open that locker", "Attack that guy", "Come back", "Stay") in missions?

Will we see more of the Myconians and hopefully other civilian groups in the future? I.e. will there be (preferably) regular missions where we have to help those guys in some way and will actually see them running around?

SHIELDS, i've had the thought of Shield impovement that could increase the strength of it.

as if how could it become if you have a set scale on frames like armor, but to the shields of course.

it will then let people decide more with shields than health regarding the damage reduction for armor.

i know it could not be much but it will let people balance out what to make of both types of protection

and as to expand it, there could be mods to increase the shield strength.

ARCHWING, how about an updated 3D Mini-map for all to become less of a confused hanging bat?

Im excited to hear about any additions or improvements to the AI. Dont think i can say or suggest anything that hasn't already been said but the AI for enemies in Rathuum and Index seem better to me so something like that would be cool. Either way i look forward to watching this stream.

Will there be an AI adjustment to kavats and kubrows? I often find my kavat getting stuck on walls or around the map spazzing. I've even found it once trying to jump from a frost shield like it was a wall and it ended up bugging itself up there for the rest of the mission.

Any plans on reworking the rewardtables, especially for endless mission to make them actually rewarding?

Any news on a new machete stance?

Any news on more augmenteds for weapons and warframes alike?

And again, give us some news about Focus other then "Operators and focus will work together".

Edited by Kuestenjung

A couple of questions (will be linking related topics in the spoiler and then add some more questions):

Spoiler

So now onto the questions:

• Are there any plans to add another Tenno-based plate armour set? Currently the only one we have that qualifies for that is the Targis Prime which is cash-only, it would be great having an actual armour that can be bought for plat.
  • Is the option of colouring cosmetics separately still going to come through in the future/being worked on? I remember hearing about it a couple of streams ago.
  • As far as decoration mode, i feel that referring the system to your camera PoV limits you a lot when trying to build stuff that's geometric in nature. Would it be possible to have a way to rotate stuff at fixed angles compared to the room/environment? Like in 45° increments for examples? And also, i'm trying to build an Ayatan garden in from of my Operator's throne, but i realised that if i place a construction the wrong way the only way of moving it is by moving each piece separately. Would it be possible to have the option of selecting multiple decoration and move them all together as if they were one, thus maintaining relative positioning? My Ayatan garden would be incredibly thankful for that.

could we have the focus passives as passive... in other words could the passive focus effects be active regardless of wether you have activated focus or not and can you rename temporal "passives" to side effects would be an good adition to encurage further farming of focus for other effects other than the main usefull ones, or do a cop out and let us activate focus in the start of mission and have the cooldown after...

when will we be able to level our tenno it is lvl 1 after all, additionally will there be tenno augment/mods, and will we se tenno operative missions in the future (mirror of survival always mentioning the tenno operatives searching for something)

Hi all, 

[DE]Rebecca,

I've noticed some odd things with announcements shown in my Lisset. For example, yesterday at 2:00 pm MST, it showed Dev Stream would be on in a day, meaning Thursday. I suspected this was wrong, but don't understand why this happens? Also when the last change to the Prestige Pack was shown, it started off showing it was retiring in 8 hours, later it changed to 15 hours, then to a day, then 3 days until it said it was retiring in 15 days at which point it actually was gone the next day. Now those may not be the exact sequence, but you get my point. How can it not just actually start at how ever many days it will actually be gone and count down, not up? This happens with prime access packs as well. Just kinda weird is all. 

5 hours ago, toafarmer said:

Will you finally admit Hema research cost needs to be at least halved or do you still believe it is "raining mutagen in OD"?

I have a small clan, ok there's two of us. We started off with 10 but over a short span of time everyone quit playing. I built the entire dojo on my own and completed all research myself as my other member had a lightning strike on his house and he was out of action for 9 months. I've been playing almost exactly a year and I have under 1800 Mutagen samples, he has 700. It would take us the rest of our lives to get enough to do the research and all of this for one weapon? So much for "Easing the grind"!

Raining Mutagen? Hahaha l'd need a tropical storm followed by a Tornado, a Hurricane of massive proportions and then a Tsunami to ever even get close!

Edited by (XB1)GryffsDeadCorps
Typos