Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Special Enemy & AI Devstream #87

[DE]Rebecca

I only have two questions... mostly for Scott I guess.

1-Why rework warframes completely instead of just stat tweak which is much faster, can be easily tested and pleases the community? 

2-With (bardframe and nidus) all these new amazing warframes coming into our arsenal I can't help but feel devastated by older frames being useless, outdated or just boring in comparison with all the newer frames and their amazing features Are there any plans to quickly bring up to pace older frames? (I said quickly because DE always seems to embark in a full-rework process for 1 warframe at a time and it takes ages to be finished)

Bug question: When is capacitance (volt augment) going to also give overshields to sentinels and pets? The description says "allies" but it excludes sentinels and kubrows/kavats at the moment...

Overall as a main Volt player I feel like quite sad with Volt's kit compared to what some of the new frames. I don't need better stats or numbers on my volt, I just wish i could have more fun with what I have...his kit feels quite under-developed...His powers could combine for a lot of fun stuff but they don;t and the few that do are useless when in actual combat and gameplay

I'm sure many players feel the same way with other older frames.

Thank you for your hard work

Edited by Domaik

Will we have more organized/predetermined enemy behavior such as the working Grineer on Sedna or Ceres, and the Kuva Grineer watching the Worm on the display in the fortress? It would help a lot with the atmosphere. 

What are the lessons you've learned from nullifiers and the development they've undergone due to player feedback? How have these lessons informed your design of new enemies?

(To put it another way... How do you intend to avoid the fun-related pitfalls of nullifier-esque design in the future?)

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Maybe enemies that see there allies die in front of them, but dont see the target, will still set off the alarms? And if an enemy bumps into you if they cant see you, they will activate the alarms?I just think that its kinda silly that loki, ivara, and ash cant just run through the map, killing anything they want and running into anything, without setting the alarms off. You could also make it so that enemies, if they see you, will not instantly engage you, and will instead run directly to the terminal. Just some of my thoughts

Currently enemies have a very limited sense of awareness.

Are there plans to expand on 'enemy awareness' and make going unnoticed much more tactile and not just a case of having silenced weapons and / or being invisible.

You will go unnoticed so long as there is no one left alive to notice you.

Edited by (XB1)RPColten
Reworded to better structure the post.

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?
Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.

Will enemy AI be updated for improved stealth gameplay? At current I believe that it's almost too easy to skip around an enemy's detection cone and stealth attack them from their side. But on the flipside, it's incredibly hard to lose them. Will there be an implementation for enemies eventually returning to their docile, unalerted mode after a period of no new input? Or being somehow able to inflict some type of CC to make them stop being hostile? Hopefully this is in the stream! Thanks for reading!

When will we see more of the Sentients outside of Lua and Uranus? Will the seeming connection between them and Mirage, especially when she wears Pakal armor, ever be explained? (Mirage makes sounds similar to the sound a sentient makes when she activates Eclipse while wearing Pakal Armor, and her Prism is similar to a Sentient Battalyst's attack).

I asked this last stream and i was still wondering if you could answer this. With the riven mod system being across all weapon types now, have syndicate weapon mods have been an abandond/phased out project or will more syndicate weapon mods be released in the future? possibly with a near future syndicate item wave?

Hi Guys,

Before the launch of war within, the replay option for quests were highly requested and the feature was brought into the game, following the war within replay option.

However, it was then said that other quests are upcoming and my question is : how are they coming along and can we expect them in the future updates?
Honestly, i would love to replay chroma's and archwing quest thanks to the amazing storylines... 

thanks alot and ily :)

edit: oh wait, just noticed only AI or Enemy questions were entertained, thats okay..i shall bring this forward another time :)

Edited by simonjustin

Dear Digital Extremes;

Could we please have some clarity on what enemies are able to non-visually detect you doing in their environment? I've had instances of enemies managing to get off a shout of surprise as I'm stabbing them, and the entire room goes on alert even though none of the other enemies in the room saw the attack. I'm not saying that the enemies need to be deaf as a post (as easy as that would make things) but just like it's been made clear how far the enemies can see, I'd like it to be clear what constitutes enough noise to get their attention.

Sincerely, Gamine Vaarta, Tenno.

1. With the new Glast Gambit quest, we've been given another "morality choice" at the end. However, the choice we picked, and the result we got (both from the alignment change and the e-mail we received) don't match due to a bug. No proper retroactive fix has been implemented as of yet, and so while I picked to "Let Neewa choose", I got an e-mail suggesting I "Sent Neewa home" instead.

Since you guys made the effort of introducing this system within quests, and bringing players to be involved in the story/lore/characters this way, it would be wise, in my opinion, to make sure that such bugs are retroactively fixed so those who are involved are properly rewarded. Any chance of such a fix any time soon? It really does leave a bitter feeling to me that the choice I made isn't registered due to a game bug.

2. A lot of animation and art bugs seem to be overlooked for a while. The topics keep on expanding in the forums for these types of bugs, yet we still see long-running bugs that are here, including ones related to plat-related cosmetics (example: Bow Dryad skin on Rakta Cernos) or Tennogen skins (Graxx skin on Ember Prime putting the wrong diffuse textures on her primed "pants"). Mios and Lacera also lost their unique idle animation for almost a year now, never fixed. You guys did great effort with upgrading your art (sound designs, visuals on Ceres, etc), but can these long-running bugs get a look at?

3. Can you guys stay awesome? 'Cause you're awesome.

Edited by Casardis

Enemy design? Well, there is one thing I have been wondering about in regards to enemies... SO, Tenno literally slaughter hundreds on ground units on their own, and in 4-8 man cells our Warframes are capable of taking out whole battalions worth of Grineer and Corpus. WIth all their military might (Grineer) and engineering (Corpus) why have they not considered attacking us with close air support or armored vehicles? I think it would be pretty cool to try and take out a Grineer tank or bullet jump into the air and deliver a melee attack to cut off the propulsion engine of Corpus fighter jet.

I mean, really, Teno strike down light infantry by the thousands when alone. You'd think one of the factions would drop in a tank on us when applicable.

Will there be more variations to enimies as a whole, such as trooper, advanced trooper, Eximus, squad leader, Sub-boss then boss? Also, will their be an adjustment to Ve Hek's AI, or an adjustment to damage him, because as it is, he's the most rage indusing enemy that I've come across, and I still need to gather pigments from him for my dojo. Now I have to decide between the advancement of the clan, or my hate for that boss. Also, WHY SO MANY BOX HEADS?! Are those just the corpus that can't afford anything so they repurpose a random metal box in to a helmet or what? 

I just had another thought; could we get a variation of the stuff enemies shout when they see another faction? Natrually, we have the infamous "Tenno SKOOM." Which the grineer like to shout at any and all situations, weather they are fighting a Tenno, or if a tenno is fighting on their side. It could be that they're just insensitive, but eh. Specters, like Corrupted Lancer Specters and others, have a tendency to shout these kind of lines, even though they're fighting by the Tenno's side.

Could we get the Corpus shouting insults at the Grineer, for example: "Ayyaupp Jitieet!" [Assault Grineer] or "Toppitj yopiety akeap!" [Rotting Soldiers ahead!] These are roughly translated I know, but examples of what the Corpus could shout when they are fighting the Grineer in say, an invasion or a crossfire mission.

Grinner language is not so easy to quickly come up with a translation for, but one of the notable ones is the aforementioned "Tenno SKOOM." I don't think it would be that hard to have a line when a Grineer is fighting a corpus Crewman to say "Corpus SKOOM." I also hear them saying lines like " Rhue, gar Tenno sono ba gutre" [Die you Tenno son of a...] and "Uk gar, Tenno sono ba horoi!" [Damn you, Tenno, son of a @#&*(!] even when they are not even targeting a tenno. Do all of the Grineer grunts consider Corpus to be Tenno too? =P Or could we just get some updated lines on what each of the factions shout? Hell, I've heard Grinner shouting these things when fighting Infested.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is-- I want to see more of how the three factions behave when they do not think a tenno is in their midst-- or when a tenno is fighting for one faction in particular. You see the most of this stuff in Crossfires, in the Derelict, and in Invasions. It would be cool to watch their tactics change when they realize "Oh no, a Tenno is here!"

Edited by OkamiA

I am a big warframe fan and have played it for over 100 hours in the past month and a half.

My one question about the enemies on warframe is, the corpus, grineer and most infested have an origin story, but

Where do the Ancient Infested distributors and healers come from? 

I think they might be infested orokin but i dont know.