Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May I ask? What happened to RSS/Latest Staff replies?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

I was not able to access the forums a bit ago as apparently the site was under maintenance, now it's back but there's something wrong.

I have no recent activity and latest staff replies goes from today ones to a reply on January 13th, then December 1st and then 2012. Like 7 replies and that's it.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Hi,

Just wondering as to what happened to the forum section "Latest Staff replies"?

I've been following it via RSS Feed, which is a really fast way to get a general glimpse at what's happening officially and stay up to date.

Today it just suddenly got 'erased' or 'purged'. All content in the list except two posts just vanished. As if the 'recent articles' list got deleted or something. Even if I open the actual forums page about it here, there is only 5 entries from which only 2 are shown in RSS.

So is this a bug in the web server or? Just wondering as I loved using the RSS.

Thank you!

"The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete." - From the Latest Staff replies stream.

I assume that the maintenance changed something in the database and it needs time to sort itself out, has happened a few times before.

1 minute ago, NovusNova said:

"The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete." - From the Latest Staff replies stream.

Ah I see it know too, thanks! =)

The message were probably there earlier too but just didn't see it as it kind of blends into the background of everything.

36 minutes ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Lol when I saw my thread disappearing from PhP and homepage I really started to worry, lol.

Alright then, let's wait!

=P but you still got the credit about making the thread!

May I ask? What happened to RSS/Latest Staff replies?

Started by Sir_Alex_Traffo, 53 minutes ago

Even thou I'm quite sure the headline was from my thread; Is it so that when the merge happens the moderator gets to pick/modify the headline while the timestamp and credit goes to the user that made the first post?

^ Title

My community reputation is still intact, but I can't find any posts that I started, followed, or commented on in my activity stream or recent activity on my profile. Anyone know anything about this? I commented on a post as recently as yesterday and I've tried looking on both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers.

Edited by Daggerpaw1

It's been well over 12 hours since the maintenance yesterday and I still get to see nothing but this message when I try to view any of my activity streams. Either something went horribly wrong and the process got stuck somewhere - or you have to reconsider some of the indexing settings to speed things up. I don't quite understand why the search index needs to be completely rebuild after each minor update anyway, I know no other forums software that does this.