Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.9.0

[DE]Megan

Two conclave tactical alerts in a row, please DE do something other than crappy conclave. Bring back the fomorians, razorback, something other than conclave that can be enjoyed. Don't push conclave onto people who aren't into it, yes it is a choice but to get that reward you are forced to join in a free for all. Like being ganged up? Spawn killed? Than this tac alert is right up your alley (sarcasm).

Edited by LittleArachnid

32 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Please DE for the love of ', stop doing PvP tactical alerts.

5 minutes ago, LittleArachnid said:

Two conclave tactical alerts in a row,

That is not a tactical alert (it doesn't even say "Tactical Alert" anywhere), mostly because it doesn't even have the tiniest snippet of lore tied to it like actual TAs do. It's a short-time event to get people to try out a new game mode (and it worked for you, didn't it). Plus, the reward is a sigil (and a rather boring one on top) - not a catalyst or a reactor or even a weapon. No, it's a cosmetic that most of you won't use anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

That is not a tactical alert (it doesn't even say "Tactical Alert" anywhere), mostly because it doesn't even have the tiniest snippet of lore tied to it like actual TAs do. It's a short-time event to get people to try out a new game mode (and it worked for you, didn't it). Plus, the reward is a sigil (and a rather boring one on top) - not a catalyst or a reactor or even a weapon. No, it's a cosmetic that most of you won't use anyway.

Not really, boring as hell I just let people kill me (most of the time) (occasionally take out people If I feel like it) cause I'm doing it for the sigil, not because I like conclave. 

Edited by LittleArachnid
Rectified a small misreading

Just now, LittleArachnid said:

Also in the PSA it adds to your tac alert sigil unless I happened to misread the PSA post.

You did.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The 'Quick Steel' was rewarding a Stratos Emblem. That wasn't intended so it's been removed!

Yes, it probably uses the same code as Tactical Alert for how it's displayed in Navigation and all that, but that's good programming - no need to create the same thing twice if you can just tweak a bit what you already have.

12 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Semantic irrelevancy. And yeah it worked for me but it does not mean it is something we should have more of. That is kind of like saying that poverty is not an issue because there are rich people in the world. Bollocks. Absolute nonsense. If people like PvP and want to play it then great! Good for them to be honest. But PvP. is most definitely not something the overwhelming majority of the playerbase want to play. The last time it had items that had real in game value, now there are cosmetics so at least that is a slight improvement. Yet it still does not do away with the fact that PvP is something that only a very few players care about.

In the games I was playing in, I pretty much got to spawn kill a lot of players and they were saying how terrible the PvP mode was and I couldn't think of anything else but agree with them. I would've hated to be one of those players who just got spawn killed all the time. I do not see how this is a good experience to advertise the game to any player, not alone encourage players to the PvP which this game-mode only gives more reasons to avoid like a plague.

I am trying to indulge DE, and apparently you too, some sense of perspective. Now not everyone wants to improve or grow up, some people actually like to stagnate and never learn anything new. But other people actually care to grow and learn from life. You can choose to be either one, I could care less. But I choose to improve and grow.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

3 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Yet it still does not do away with the fact that PvP is something that only a very few players care about.

But apparently it's enough players that DE doesn't consider it a waste to invest more time into Conclave. Also, what would you suggest to incentivise players to try out a new game mode?

Making a short event with a special sigil is pretty much their only option (because I agree that offering anything game-changing like mods, even purely Conclave ones, and weapons is a bad idea), and even then players like you go for their throat. If they don't do anything, the new mode is pretty much a guaranteed stillbirth, if they offer even the tiniest reward people get angry because they feel forced to play that mode. DE can't win this ...

1 minute ago, Bibliothekar said:

But apparently it's enough players that DE doesn't consider it a waste to invest more time into Conclave. Also, what would you suggest to incentivise players to try out a new game mode?

Making a short event with a special sigil is pretty much their only option (because I agree that offering anything game-changing like mods, even purely Conclave ones, and weapons is a bad idea), and even then players like you go for their throat. If they don't do anything, the new mode is pretty much a guaranteed stillbirth, if they offer even the tiniest reward people get angry because they feel forced to play that mode. DE can't win this ...

A pve alternative with AI enemies like you had in the Index would be a pve'r friendly and an alternative to having to do pvp.

Just now, LittleArachnid said:

A pve alternative with AI enemies like you had in the Index would be a pve'r friendly and an alternative to having to do pvp.

Hear me out, because here's the thing: You don't have to play that game mode if you don't want to. I mean, seriously, all you get is a sigil that looks like they picked up a girl at Spring Break and copied her tramp stamp. And that's it. Nobody forces you to go and play nine missions of that new mode you don't like - nobody but yourself. So if anything, you should ask yourself - why? What's so special about that sticker that you absolutely, most definitely need to have it?

I could understand when people got angry with the Christmas Conclave alerts because DE split up last year's cosmetic pack and put it in there. But that? It's like you guys just want to be angry at DE for the sake of being angry. "I don't like Conclave, so there should be nothing that makes other people want to try it." But here's the point: I could say the same thing about raids and arcanes (and those are actually useful and not something a bored seventh-grader scribbled). But I don't, because I understand that other players like them, so I let them be happy.

32 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Why would you? Did they have an event when Conclave came? Did they have an event about the Assault gamemode in Grineer Kuva-Fort? How about a new event about the Infested Salvage game mode? Of course not. Do you not think that DE is perhaps not quite as shallow as you think of them as?

You want to get players to test out a new game mode? Make a good game mode. Yes it really is that simple. Make the content worth the players time, content that is so well designed that not only would players spend their free-time consuming it, but they would go out of their way to seek it over other activities.

DE can win in this, but it requires effort.

Edited by BETAOPTICS

22 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Hear me out, because here's the thing: You don't have to play that game mode if you don't want to. I mean, seriously, all you get is a sigil that looks like they picked up a girl at Spring Break and copied her tramp stamp. And that's it. Nobody forces you to go and play nine missions of that new mode you don't like - nobody but yourself. So if anything, you should ask yourself - why? What's so special about that sticker that you absolutely, most definitely need to have it?

I could understand when people got angry with the Christmas Conclave alerts because DE split up last year's cosmetic pack and put it in there. But that? It's like you guys just want to be angry at DE for the sake of being angry. "I don't like Conclave, so there should be nothing that makes other people want to try it." But here's the point: I could say the same thing about raids and arcanes (and those are actually useful and not something a bored seventh-grader scribbled). But I don't, because I understand that other players like them, so I let them be happy.

I missed out on the emblem because DE screwed up the event posing it as an sigil, something that would've looked nice on my warframe's shoulder. And I collect them for fashionframe additions to make my warframe look nice. What I'm unhappy with is more than just that, I have a massive gripe with the damned matchmaking system forcing me to host when my internet is terrible. And the lag in the arsenal switching a frame or a weapon. The armour scaling problem and how it skyrockets making things like CP compulsory to use on your warframe etc.

It might make me look like a scrub but I don't care, if I don't like something I'll tolerate doing it albeit feeling salty if it's something that could go with my fashionframe. But I'm not going to act all whoopy da day and acclaim that this event is "omg amazing" for me to play, I'll give credit for creativity where it's due but this event does not tickle my fancy to praise it.

Edited by LittleArachnid

So last few events were rathoom (pve based pvp), index preview(pve based pvp), christmas tac alert (pvp), and then this.
To me this looks like DE has run out of imagination.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh yeah there was the acolyte event in between.

Edited by SharkPot
forgot to write preview for index

19 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Did they have an event about the Assault gamemode in Grineer Kuva-Fort? How about a new event about the Infested Salvage game mode? Of course not.

All they had to do for people to play Infested Salvage was to put the Nidus parts in there. And people had to play Assault at least once to unlock the entire Kuva Fortress.

22 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Do you not think that DE is perhaps not quite as shallow as you think of them as?

DE ... sometimes yes, sometimes no (some decisions are clearly dictated by their need to make money). The players - most definitely.

14 hours ago, MaximumGam1ng said:

Sounds a lot like Naruto sparring... And I LOVE IT!! :D

! question though: If a nidus part is guaranteed drop at rotation C then how come I receive a mod 60-70% of the time? :(

Because nidus parts have a 14 or so % drop chance on rot C. whoever told you that they are guaranteed drops was either extremely lucky while farming or a big fat lier