Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.9.0

[DE]Megan

15 minutes ago, TripleThreeCubed said:

I don't really think it's truly forcing people into a game mode. The rewards for the event are trivial at best, and you don't need to do it if you don't enjoy it. Since it just came out, why not introduce it to the general playerbase? It's not like the event will take forever.

I probably should have been clearer in the original post. This is the 2nd time we get a PvP event in the last few months. The previous time had trivial rewards as well but this is a game that often involves collecting time-limited trivial rewards so everyone felt forced to participate in any case. You can look at some other posts in this thread as to how well that went.

And the fact that according to the developer's own data PvP is the least played game mode ( I remember something like 1% of matches played across all gametypes) but gets this kind of attention doesn't sit that well with many people. I mean, when do we get a raid event since more people raid than PvP ? Something like " Complete 3 raids in a day/couple of days/week" and get a special sigil.

Edited by Betaboost
Typos

A quick review of Quick Steel, since I just played a couple games of it:

Major problems I'm noticing are wins revolving around Oro instead of kills. In normal Conclave this isn't so much of a problem, but because players are so flimsy, what I'm seeing happen a lot is two people melee at each other, kill each other instantly, and then someone else runs by and picks up the Oro, gaining the lead. I suppose you could call this a viable strategy but it just feels extremely cheap and unsatisfying to the two players who killed each other.

This problem also crops up in the fact that it's Free For All, and, again, players are incredibly flimsy. Because each match has up to eight players, some of the smaller maps are turning into absolute cluster-Fs where skill feels like it goes out the window in favor of everyone mashing quickmelee and letting the server decide.

The benefit Snowday Showdown had with the slow effect was that it added a slight layer of strategy, putting emphasis on not getting hit instead of running into battle and letting fate run its course. If you got hit and slowed, you had enough of a disadvantage that you were basically mincemeat, though there were still cases where you could get out of it. Essentially, good aim and situational planning allowed a player to put themselves in an advantageous position. This... doesn't really have that. If we had regenerating shields to fall back on, or if the matches just generally had less players, I think skill would feel a lot more integral and satisfying to the game mode.

Alternatively, since it's called "Quick" Steel, could you just shorten the matches to five minutes or the kill requirement to 20? I really don't want to sit through 90 minutes of button mashing.

I have a question, what happend with my activity on forums? I cannot reach my content what I worked on or topics what I read or commented. The activity list is zero, it is a bug on forum or I got banned or something? Just because I wanted to add some additional idea to my warframe concept (Xenis) and cannot reach it. Where I need to report this or ask?

Edited by Sziklamester

58 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed the minimap shrinking after clicking "Battle" in a Defense mission and having ‘Prefer Overlay Map’ enabled.

Thank you for fixing this. Confirmed that it works correctly when clicking Battle in defense and interception missions.

The map is still reset when you die in the Arena though - please fix?

Could you also fix the overlap map so it has a max size? It becomes far too large on some maps, which makes it difficult to see the game.

Examples:

0agob8x.jpg

ivcwj6O.png

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

To introduce this new Conclave Mode, Teshin is rewarding Tenno who achieve each 48 hour task in the Navigation panel (including a new Landing Craft ornament)! It is available for a limited time, so prove your Quick Steel skill and earn your rewards before it is gone!

What?

Please explain better.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Lotus saying her "now kill everything that moves" line when she shouldn't in Sabotage Sorties.

Good! Now could you get her to stop saying things like "Attack the other Braids" in Kuva Siphon missions?

Because she really shouldn't be saying that either. It's kinda the opposite of what we're supposed to be doing, and as Kuva Siphons have no tutorial anyway, it's mislead more than a few of the teammates I've gotten grouped with due to people trusting the Lotus to provide accurate info mid-mission.

I don't like the Nikana slam that much in the new mode since everyone is just spamming that right now because it one hit kills basically. I'd prefer the 2 hit kill like in the Snow mode, Still a nice new conclave mode for people who like PvP.

2 minutes ago, Ace_Kayo said:

Solid new PvE content when? PvE is really hurting for new enjoyable game-modes. (that one for Nidus doesn't count, that is just a cut out of an un-fun raid)

Why do you think they're throwing this PVP crap at us? It spares them to effort to have to actually come up with real new PVE content that isn't garbage. Speaking of garbage, thanks for another pvp mode for these reasons:

1. PVP lag.

2. Spawning us into losing sessions where it's impossible to place in the top 3.

3. Players are punished for using tactics instead rushing into hammer pounding one another. Therefore, when I'm standing aside and kill those three people wacking at one another at range I get punished when another idiot runs blindly into the fray and collects the oro. GG DE. You are champs.