Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smeeta charm not working on Kuva for ppl in operator mode

(PSN)CactusButtons

So I'm curious as to y Smeeta's 120 sec charm granting 2x everything doesn't count towards Kuva for the players that are in operator mode at the point of the 4th Kuva braid being destroyed. I have had players purposely not try to get the last 4/4 Kuva braid so that way they can get the 2x bonus. Makes no sense to award the player ignoring the objective more than the player that completed the objective. This brings back leeching and rewards them for doing so. Plz tell me this will be fixed soon.

Edited by (PS4)CactusButtons

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Nah, it's because Operators suck and don't get to benefit from gear, Auras, powers, or companions. Working As Intended. 

Because Operators suck.

Get with the program. Operators are intended to be literally as lame as possible.

Guess I'll just let other ppl destroy the Kuva siphons from now on while I sit back and leech away off their work. Getting more then them in the meantime. Thnx for the heads up

Just now, Drasiel said:

Sounds like an unintended consequence of fixing operator exploits. Definitely worth bringing up as feedback. 

What Operator exploits? All DE have been doing since day one after TWW is removing functionality from Operator mode, and completely refusing to even consider doing anything, literally anything at all, to make the mode fun or cool.

Seriously, I genuinely get the feeling that DE have somehow managed to into a position where they felt they had to release playable Operators, but they themselves resent the little buggers and absolutely do not want Operator mode to be good for anything but gathering Kuva.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

What Operator exploits? All DE have been doing since day one after TWW is removing functionality from Operator mode, and completely refusing to even consider doing anything, literally anything at all, to make the mode fun or cool.

Seriously, I genuinely get the feeling that DE have somehow managed to into a position where they felt they had to release playable Operators, but they themselves resent the little buggers and absolutely do not want Operator mode to be good for anything but gathering Kuva.

I'm sure he referring to the exploit of going into god mode with your operator. Wasn't really much of an exploit as many players I'm sure stumbled onto this just by playing Kuva missions.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

there was the godmode, there was permanent powers upon return to frame, there was full energy refill upon return to frame regardless of starting amount and a few other minor things I can't remember. Basically buff, aura, and power interactions between the frame and operator  were causing lots of issues so they had to be separated more severely. 

3 minutes ago, maj.death said:

It's because the operator and frame don't share buffs in general... because... you know. The operator and frame are separate entities.

Operators receive double resources and affinity from boosters. I notice when I pick up  an affinity orb it grants 200 and all resources I walk over with my operator is always an even number and picks up 2 rare resources like Orokin cells. Havnt tried a rare resource with the said charm active but will do once I find one while said charm is active n update with result. 

43 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

haven't seen if switching to operator shuts off the 120s smeeta buff

but I can confirm that the smeeta buff can double your kuva drops.

first day when kuva flood was released, I ran one and got 2.4k kuva instead of the expected 1.2k

The charms timer of the buff goes away once you go into operator and still doesn't display once you go back to Warframe but the buff still remains 

edit: timer sometimes doesn't display when switching back to operator 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)CactusButtons said:

Operators receive double resources and affinity from boosters. I notice when I pick up  an affinity orb it grants 200 and all resources I walk over with my operator is always an even number and picks up 2 rare resources like Orokin cells. Havnt tried a rare resource with the said charm active but will do once I find one while said charm is active n update with result. 

But boosters are not an ingame buff like charm so I don't know what you're trying to tell me.

Edited by maj.death

48 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Nah it was there from beginning, that's why I never cap last one myself.

Eventually will get to the point no one will get the last Kuva for this reason. This is what I'm trying to prevent from happening. Also to rid the system of further leeches as what Relics were intended to do, but this brings back leeching, even rewards the leeches more than non?¿

2 hours ago, (PS4)CactusButtons said:

That is not the same. Operators do not share any of your warframe's buffs. Your cat gives the charm buff to your current warframe, so it will not work when you switch to your operator who is actually not your warframe. The double resource is a buff to all of your forms at all times while the booster is active, whereas charm is applied to just your frame. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Asdeft said:

That is not the same. Operators do not share any of your warframe's buffs. Your cat gives the charm buff to your current warframe, so it will not work when you switch to your operator who is actually not your warframe. The double resource is a buff to all of your forms at all times while the booster is active, whereas charm is applied to just your frame. 

guess I'll just spin around in circles at locations that enemies can't reach while everyone else does the work. That or look around for Ayatan stars n sculptures. Noticed some players doing similar as they're no where near the Kuva siphon and have 0 kills n 0's all the way down to pickup count which is the only thing on their list. Thanks for bringing this back to the community 

4 hours ago, (PS4)CactusButtons said:

So I'm curious as to y Smeeta's 120 sec charm granting 2x everything doesn't count towards Kuva for the players that are in operator mode at the point of the 4th Kuva braid being destroyed. I have had players purposely not try to get the last 4/4 Kuva braid so that way they can get the 2x bonus. Makes no sense to award the player ignoring the objective more than the player that completed the objective. This brings back leeching and rewards them for doing so. Plz tell me this will be fixed soon.

hey fellow tenno

if charm is active, just exit the operator mode right the moment you hit the kuva. with good ping that works allways fine for me. seems that due to animation durations you can quicker get back in to your frame (with buffs), than the siphon is destroyed.

1 hour ago, Tah1ro said:

hey fellow tenno

if charm is active, just exit the operator mode right the moment you hit the kuva. with good ping that works allways fine for me. seems that due to animation durations you can quicker get back in to your frame (with buffs), than the siphon is destroyed.

Tried already so many times solo to no evail. The time it takes the animation of switching back is to slow. Are you using natural talent or something that speeds up the animation? 

Edit: even with ability to speed up animation you can't switch back while your still in void dash so unless you distant it perfectly then I see no way of doing this

1 hour ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

charm no more double the kuva....

Kuva is a resource right? It works for me as we speak, long as I don't get the last Kuva and charm is active 

5 hours ago, (PS4)CactusButtons said:

Tried already so many times solo to no evail. The time it takes the animation of switching back is to slow. Are you using natural talent or something that speeds up the animation? 

Edit: even with ability to speed up animation you can't switch back while your still in void dash so unless you distant it perfectly then I see no way of doing this

Kuva is a resource right? It works for me as we speak, long as I don't get the last Kuva and charm is active 

after catching the last kuva, there is ~1-1,5s until the siphon dissapears. thats enough time to exit the operator mode and go back in your warframe.