Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Prime Time #151!

[DE]Megan

8 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

When combing through the entries, it was clear that we had a lot of options for placement. It was decided that we would share the love and do a top 20 instead of a top 10!

Sorry for the confusion! The prizes are as follows:

1st place – Current Warframe Prime Access Pack and featured weekly on our streams!
2nd place – 1000 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!
3rd place – 750 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!
4th place – 500 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!
5th – 20th place – 250 Platinum and featured weekly on our streams!!

Thank you for clearing it out for me.

3 hours ago, ApexPredator-EN- said:

Are you kidding? By my calculations the songs match perfectly from start to finish on everything, look at the wavelengths.

16443768_1433385856701261_994480164_o.pn

It's not just some sound effects, it's the same song with different lyrics.. But again I'm not bashing him, he did an awesome job and surely put a lot of work into it, I'm just pointing out that this wasn't a valid entry for the contest, as it's more of a themed cover/parody than it is an original song.

I'd have to agree..

I mean looking at the wavelengths there is far too much amplification and bass anyway.
If I knew I could take another song, slightly modify it and throw in some audio from Warfarme to fit the theme I would have done it and done it better.
But oh well...

Guess I was disqualified cause my Song was 12 seconds longer than it was allowed?

Even thought I said I could cut it down to below 4 min :/ 

Anyways was worth a try! 

Even thought a lot of people used loops / samples or even took songs from others and submitted them :/

It was still fun and there are some great winners! (:

Congrats to all of you ~

4 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Is based on the matrix i think ;)

To be honest its still an awesome work ^.^ 

LOL the Matrix thing had me dying in laughter!

What everyone is noticing in my mix and Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death is that both use the drum sample from Skull Snaps - It's a New Day (1973)

5 minutes ago, OGodKing said:

LOL the Matrix thing had me dying in laughter!

What everyone is noticing in my mix and Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death is that both use the drum sample from Skull Snaps - It's a New Day (1973)

Glad i made you laugh Tenno you know what they say : "A day without laughter is a day wasted"

17 hours ago, ApexPredator-EN- said:

Somewhat disappointed by some entries in the Tenno Tunes Vol 2 winners, about this one in particular:

The contest rules specifically said it had to be a fully original song, yet this one is a copy of another (pretty popular) song with readapted lyrics.. 
Don't believe me? Just listen yourself.

..and yet the original song is not mentioned anywhere, nor it is a collab. It should belong in the cover/parody section, it's not properly an original song itself and yet it made it in the top 5 of the contest.. 

Other than that, enjoyed the stream, the special guest and most of the other usermade songs, keep up the good work! <3

Firstly, I appreciate your dedication to the cause by bringing this to our attention.

With that being said, our Sound Designers also compared the song in question and unanimously agree that they are not the same song. They conclude that influence and inspiration was definitely in play (as was publicly stated by the creator in the submission Youtube video) but it is not a direct rip of the song.

We hope everyone enjoys the submissions as much as we enjoyed listening to them, and here's to looking forward to more in the future! 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Firstly, I appreciate your dedication to the cause by bringing this to our attention.

With that being said, our Sound Designers also compared the song in question and unanimously agree that they are not the same song. They conclude that influence and inspiration was definitely in play (as was publicly stated by the creator in the submission Youtube video) but it is not a direct rip of the song.

We hope everyone enjoys the submissions as much as we enjoyed listening to them, and here's to looking forward to more in the future! 

Oh, good. I came to the same conclusion earlier this morning. JoeyZero did not plagiarize their work off of Limelight. I understand feeling like they are similar, but a waveform looking similar, as well as having similar format, does not mean the song was plagiarized note for note. The chords, rhythms, melodies... a lot of them are different. Even the way the shared instruments are played feels different to me. 

Thanks DE for the final word on that.

18 hours ago, ApexPredator-EN- said:

Somewhat disappointed by some entries in the Tenno Tunes Vol 2 winners, about this one in particular:

The contest rules specifically said it had to be a fully original song, yet this one is a copy of another (pretty popular) song with readapted lyrics.. 
Don't believe me? Just listen yourself.

..and yet the original song is not mentioned anywhere, nor it is a collab. It should belong in the cover/parody section, it's not properly an original song itself and yet it made it in the top 5 of the contest.. 

Other than that, enjoyed the stream, the special guest and most of the other usermade songs, keep up the good work! <3

I was waiting for a response or message from DE before responding because, my desire is first and foremost to respect the wishes of DE, as well as those of boyinaband. While I maintain that this song doesn't constitute any kind of musical plagiarism (I drew structural and stylistic influence/inspiration from Limelight, but the melodies, chord progressions/riffs, lyrics, and flow are all unique), if they felt it was too similar I'd be fine with whatever they felt was appropriate.

I've also reached out to Dave at boyinaband to see what his opinion is. If he wants me to take it down I'll be happy to do so, and will reach out to the devs accordingly.

Congrats to all the winners and thank you for picking my song for the 3rd place! Thanks for all the good feedback I got as well!

All the songs in the top 20 were good. Aftalyfe's song was my personal favorite since the beginning, so I think the first place(s) was (/were) well earned! So many good songs there.

I'm looking forward to TennoTunes Vol.3 (whenever it comes) 'couse naturally it means I'll have to raise the bar higher! ;)

EDIT: I hope Aftalyfe can get his song to the playlist as well!

Edited by RustyFIN
Added comment about the playlist.

14 hours ago, JoeyZero said:

I was waiting for a response or message from DE before responding because, my desire is first and foremost to respect the wishes of DE, as well as those of boyinaband. While I maintain that this song doesn't constitute any kind of musical plagiarism (I drew structural and stylistic influence/inspiration from Limelight, but the melodies, chord progressions/riffs, lyrics, and flow are all unique), if they felt it was too similar I'd be fine with whatever they felt was appropriate.

I've also reached out to Dave at boyinaband to see what his opinion is. If he wants me to take it down I'll be happy to do so, and will reach out to the devs accordingly.

Even though this thing is settled I want to point out the what is plagiarism and what is just a "heavily influenced" song. In this case this JoeyZero's song is definitely NOT a copy another song. It is similar yes, but you cannot say it's plagiarism.

In case of plagiarism the comparison is made by looking at the chord progression and the notation of the song. If the songs are in different key the notes are simply just transposed in to same key. Then it's quite easy to see if the piece is a copy or not. Here's an example from a case where Ed Sheeran was accused that his song Photograph was a copy of Matt Cardle's "Amazing". The result was "Photograph allegedly identically copies the rhythm, pitch, and placement of 39 notes in the chorus of Amazing, equating to 70% of Sheeran’s Top 10 track". Not good for poor Ed!
Sheeran-notes.jpg

The lesson here is: Be careful before saying a song is a copy. Similar sounding songs are not necessarily the same song. JoeyZero has no obligation to take his song down, even if Boyinaband asked him to do it.

Over and out. The music nerd gets back to killing some Grineer! ;)