Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add instant replay killcams to Conclave

CrimsonPorpoise

(I'm just copying all the text I wrote on reddit here)

Let me preface this by saying that I am not an avid conclave player, so the comments for me to git gud would totally apply to me. Before playing the quick steel variant today, I only played conclave twice before (when I built the Stradavar and the Daikyuu). Both times I left due to my rising sodium levels.

As the sigil today looks interesting to me, I decided to take part in the new game mode. Took five games too get my sigil, and at the end of it I was quite salty over some of the deaths i got. Here's the problem that's bugging me though: Why?

I play Titanfall 2 too, another multi-player shooter where players are zipping and flinging thenselves across the map all the time. I tend to spend most of my games on the bottom of the scoreboard, yet strangely I never felt as salty about my deaths in Titanfall 2. I could easily play five matches in Titanfall 2 and still enjoy myself, yet have to struggle though the fourth and fifth match of conclave.

Then it dawn upon me. Everytime I was killed, I was questioning "Wait what?" "How!?" "Why?!". In conclave, kills happens in a split second while you are still bullet jumping around, and a lot of the times I didn't notice how i was killed . As the kill kinda seemed out of nowehere, it gets annoying and really kils the joy.

The current killcam only shows what the other player is doing currently, which usually either shows you a frame bullet jumping around or a corpse in the middle of a hikou mosh pit. Not really helpful and sometimes make you even more confused on how you were killed.

Having an instant replay for a killcam, showing about two seconds before you are killed and the immedate one second after before cutting to that player's current position (or a set point of view of the arena) could greatly alleviate the sense of confusion new players have. It could help people knowing how they were killed, and thus make players feel less confused and possiblely become salty at a much slower rate. Perhaps this might help more players enjoy conclave.

TL.DR: (IMO) Killcam w/ Instant Replay helps players to know how they are killed, reducing the feeling of confusion and could help in reducing sodium build-up.