Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little suggestion about nicknames

DoctorWild

The point: Warframe is active from a lot of time, and you can see in game all sort of nicknames, some realy long and uncreative cause there is probabily a dude who used your prefered nickname. It isn't fun sometimes, new players who stay there 1h to choice the perfect and unused nickname.

The suggestion: it is to use a code with your nickname, like Cloud#5112, so that everybody is happy cuz they can use whatever they want. After all it doesn't change a lot of things in game, you do the log in with your email adress. The same method is used on Discord and other games and I find it wonderfull.

P.S I'm happy of my nickname (it is wonderfull), but sometimes I go in game and i get shocked from some player's name in tradechat. And I checked on old posts and people ask to use nickname of old unactive accounts.

Edited by DoctorWild

Do we really need more confusion? Just contact support, if the account with the desired nickname is inactive for two years they can delete it and free the nickname.

I can see your proposal working in Counter-Strike, Overwatch, these are the games with no social aspect but in Warframe it's gonna be abused to trick inattentive players.

Edited by Ksaero

27 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Do we really need more confusion? Just contact support, if the account with the desired nickname is inactive for two years they can delete it and free the nickname.

I can see your proposal working in Counter-Strike, Overwatch, these are the games with no social aspect but in Warframe it's gonna be abused to trick inattentive players.

And it would be a significant amount of work. It works with Steam and BattleNet because they revolve around a single point that connects to all of their games. Warframe does not have that, and it's not really worth the time and effort to bring it in.

54 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

That's bad idea. I had a break from the game for aruond 1 year and i'd have been rly pissed off if i'd loose my nickname

In case of leaving the game for a long time you just need to keep checking your email. Support won't delete your account without letting you know, they'll send a notification.

This is no different from changing your name on Xbox or any other site that doesn't have said number codes as a sort of login parameter to secure you can have whatever name you want and change it over a certain time period. If you don't use your account, then who cares, you're not going to lose your name by not playing, and DE isn't going to deactivate accounts, that only happens with permabans. While it's a good suggestion, and 200p is quite steep for a name change, just try to pick something you know you'll either not care about being called after 700 hours of gameplay, or just pay the plat if you get bored with one name. 

He isn't talking about making it cheap to have a name change, he is talking about making it easy to pick a good name, every new player basically has to have numbers on the end of their name by this point. I'm not a victim of this myself, my 1 is for aesthetic, but I know how much it sucks to have your name, the name you've used for 10 years, taken. Which is why I am Ericzilla2 on PS4, it sucks