The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did you buy nidus and ivara or did you grind (poll)

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

6 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Got both for free, they aren't difficult.

Difficult?  No.  Time-consuming...yes.

I'm still grinding for Nidus. I think my 8th (yes, you're reading it correctly -- as in eighth) Nidus Systems dropped this morning while trying to get the final piece I need: neuroptics.

I like to play the game.  But as acquiring gear gets more challenging due to dilution, resource inflation, and time, that gameplay experience becomes vastly more important to the player.

I spend big money on Warframe, but NOT on frames and weapons.

In order for exclusionary choice to work as an evolving revenue model, the gameplay journey must be top-notch; the increased time invested must be enjoyable.

I farmed Ivara.  I'm currently GRINDING for Nidus in salvage, but I've gotten to the point where I'm looking at all the other content I'm missing out on to do so, and if this is supposed to motivate me to use plat to buy Nidus then I'm in the demographic that reacts the opposite way.

It's just disappointing more than anything. 

Can't wait to try Nidus.  People say DE did a fantastic job.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

ivara grind wasn't all "that bad"...  leveled lots of weapons via spy missions w/loki while farming ivara

nidus... gratned i bought bundle... however i farmed up lots of pirme gear and had a huge sale the week it went into cert on console

ended getting enough plat to get the bundle 2x for just a couple hours sitting in trade... so its a not my money purchase

I farmed for both of them.

Ivara - Honestly, despite the low drop chances, her grind was well worth it. Not only did I get plenty of mastery for weapons I didn't want to use, I learned how to hack high level Corpus terminals instead of relying on Cyphers and figured out the different ways to get through the vaults (even if the elevator room still has a terminal with a broken interaction box in the vents. Seriously, why hasn't that been fixed yet?). Grineer spy missions, on the other hand, are now much easier for me no matter what 'Frame I use. All in all, DE managed to make her grind educational and rewarding.

Nidus - Even though I'm glad to have him, his farm was boring, annoying, and something I could only bring myself to do two, maybe three times a day before getting frustrated from duplicate parts or common mods in the C rotation. Only one tileset is actually worth playing for that mission in my opinion since the new one made just for that node has too many collision issues due to annoying small overhangs (something that makes a completely vertical map excruciatingly anooying). Mixed with being released with the horrendous Hema costs, Nidus' grind felt like DE pretty much saying "We don't care about your fun, give us your money or we'll just keep making the grind worse until you do", but I refuse to cave in and give my money to a company trying to force it out of me. All in all, mixed with one of the laziest quests DE has ever made, this was one of the worst 'Frame farms I've done, and from what I've come to understand, DE got a lot of backlash from when Banshee was only available through defense missions, so I have no idea why they'd do the same thing with a worse mission type.

Nidus:  I grind...and from the RNGoddess I received!  Honestly I got lucky; as soon as I got his blueprint from the Glast Gambit, I started continuously playing the Infested Salvage mission, and after about 10 or so missions, I got the last blueprint I needed.  Been having a blast using him since then.  

Ivara:  I haven't gotten yet, but I can't say that I have really made the effort to get her.  Although I already have 2 out of the 4 blueprints needed for her so far.  Someday I will focus on completing her, but not anytime soon.

bought both, using plat I earned form trading (and yes, i consider it earned given the kind of people you have to deal with there sometimes). both were excellent purchases, Ivara w/ infiltrate is my go--to spy frame, Nidus is pretty fun for the occasional Sortie and face rolls anything else. I did initially try for them both, but RNGsus wouldn't give me Ivara's Systems and I hate that new salvage mission, so I admitted defeat and opened my wallet.

I didn't buy the Hema though, that was 100% home-grown, using only the finest Mutagen Samples from the rainiest part of the System: the Derelict!

I did the grind. I just don't spend platinum on anything other than trading for primes--but not since the change to relics and cosmetics. Part of the game is the grind, they just don't strike the healthy balance. I'll never understand prime access because once I have the primes I stop playing as much so outright buying them would keep me from getting something out of the game because of the lack of end game. 

Grinded both of them. While Nidus' farm was tedious and semi-lengthy, I found it ok for the most part. Ivara's farm however, I found incredibly frustrating and way too RNG-heavy for my liking. So frustrating in fact that I was almost tempted to buy her (I didn't though).

The only (non-prime) Warframe I ever bought was Nezha, but that was back when he was a Sortie reward and I was almost certain that he would stay that way.

I got both Ivara and Nidus by grinding and playing the game.  The frame is the reward for all the work, I guess.  Ivara took 72 successful spy missions (all 3 objectives completed solo with no detections) to get all the parts, and I was counting.  Nidus was not difficult, just lots of games.  

I have yet to try to grind for Nidus, and I dont really have any intention to do so. The things I have heard of the game mode you have to play to get him makes it sound like an amalgamation of the bad things from my least favourite mission types.
I also have no real plans to buy him. I have enough frames that I already enjoy playing so I'd rather spend my plat on other things.

Grinded for both. Ivara was the long one, took about a week or so of casual Spy missions (running 1-3 missions per day). Thankfully I actually like Spy missions and the mod rewards are not not bad. Nidus I got lucky and only took 4 runs. But even if I didn't get lucky, I don't find the mission difficult at all and the mission often drop a relic or two. I don't find the mission as tedious as Interception.