Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP mods expanded to PVE

Fluff-E-Kitty

14 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

I cant seem to type in the forum box after submiting a link. sorry about that. anyhow, I made a topic that might belong more here. I think that PvP modes being extended to work in PVE may attact more players to play PvP. I am not the bigest fan of PvP, but I feel he fact that it is compartmentalized over into its own thing is partly why people may not be palying it, and it serves as a way to promot more trading and sales of the mods you get from it (meaning more plat sales for DE so...).

Most of the mods add mechanics that are small, but fun and serve as side grades. Many have high mod costs with downsides and I feel many would be more desierabule if they could be used in both modes.

We also have to adress the fact that many people play solo, or only PvE, and a way to get these mods would have to be introduced. Id rather it not be a loot pool dilution, but do we realy need rederaction on pluto def anymore? mirroring nightmare mode, it might be interesting to repalce a drop in a sepcific area to give the star map more variety. we could also make a new type of alert, re using the spectors of the rail missions to simulate pvp. or just have it drop in pvp or... whatever. keeping some mods in pvp only or only droping there would promote people to farm it also, and maby have a bit of fun with it too.

In short however, the mods are in the game. recoreses and time have been spent on it and I think this is a way to get a returen on investment if you will for a currently underutilized asset.

14 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

I'm totally for this, there are some very very cool PvP "augment" mods for specific weapons that would be so nice to have in PvE. Heavy warhead, for example. Oh and Rumbled, that is so much cooler than atlas's current 4 ability.

But I'd rather not give the PVE-only crowd more reasons to complain. I've read enough whining about the current conclave alert as is.

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Skaleek said:

I'm totally for this, there are some very very cool PvP "augment" mods for specific weapons that would be so nice to have in PvP. Heavy warhead, for example.

Indeed! and they alwas come with a downside for the most part, or a condition (like the supras 100% accuracy when aiming).

I realy want the warframe augs like Mesas waltz or Atlases Rumbeld. simple things, that add just a bit more custimization and personalization to the game. after all we have fashion frame, and I feel that kind of custimization should extend to abilitys. the best part is the mods are coded, tested, and in the game! :D