The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistic Battery - Rework Concept

main_antagonist

EDIT: Another idea is to grant all shots 100% status chance until the ability reaches full charge.

Ballistic Battery - Maximized Power Strength increases damage percentage to 244.3%, max damage per instance to 488.6 and maximum stored damage to 5584.

This ability falls off very quickly late game ... I was thinking of turning the stored damage into a percentage instead of raw damage.

When against enemies who have very high levels 5584 damage might not even come close to 25% of their health ...

Minimized Power Strength build would give you a flat 25% of their health taken away and a Maximized Power Strength build would give you 85% of their health taken away.

Giving this ability punch through would greatly improve the ability in my opinion. Read below for a slightly more detailed explanation. 

-

This change would scale upwards as the enemies are stronger, depending on min and max strength builds stats for each are below;

Maximized Power Strength: Would deal damage equal to 80% of the enemies health when fully charged, the ability would gain punch through so every target hit in a line would lose 80% of their maximum health.

Minimized Power Strength: Would deal damage equal to 25% of the enemies health when fully charged, the ability would gain punch through so every target hit in a line would lose 25% of their maximum health.

-

Shatter Shield could also be made to synergize with Ballistic Battery, this way damage taken while Shatter Shield is active would also contribute to charging Ballistic Battery which would give Mesa players 2 ways of charging their shots leading to more frequent use of this ability!

Edited by main_antagonist

While the ideas you present are actually workable - they're just a symptom of the silliness that is Warframe enemy scaling.

I'd rather they spent the time first and foremost fixing the issue once and for all, then looked at reworking mods so that they better fit the game environment. 

They way it currently works, things I commonly see referred to as 'bandaid' fixes, seems to work in a similar fashion to a house of cards. It'd be better imo to start with a proper foundation instead of trying to counterbalance 'nerfs' and 'buffs' to some kind of odd semblance of functionality.

Some abilities should also already have the traits that they gain from Augment mods, again in my opinion. 

The problem here is just how much work are DE going to put into this? It's very likely a huge resource sink - of which I'm sure they have too many to deal with.

3 hours ago, AnzeBozic said:

The main problem with this is just how ridicilously effective it would be vs bosses/mini-bosses, it would need some counterbalance especially since its just a 1st ability for 25 energy. I think it would make more sense if it would just increase the dmg on your next shot by certain % depending on how much its charged.

And punchtrough would pretty much ruin it for weapons that detonate on enemy impact like tonkor so i wouldnt really put that one in.

Also it just came to my mind it would be really fun if it made the shot explode on first impact damaging everyone nerby, for weapons that already explode by default it could work as increasing the radius so the ability would work like "+ X meters damage radius" meaning non-explosive shot would dmg everyone in X meters radius and explosive shot would damage everyone in normal + X meters radius.

It's not like she doesn't already have an ability that trivializes literally anything under level-200; when you can already cycle through Kela's phases before she even lands with Peacemaker then a line nuke that requires time to charge shouldn't really be a concern. 

It's not going to be an issue anyways if they continue with the invulnerability shtick. 

Edited by JuicyPop

A nice simple way to rework it would be just making it charge up like it does now and at baseline 100% power strength it buffs the damage of your next shot by 100% of the weapon's damage (Scaling with power strength) then the ability would scale as well as your weapon. It would still be inferior to peacemaker but it wouldn't be entirely a throw away ability at higher levels as it is now.

More power creep? For now i would say no, but I think that this ability isn't realy appealing. What about something like special ammos in left4dead?

The ability overcharge the magazine of pistol/rifle of an extra 25%, which are empowered, easier to use and work wonderfully with augument (sincerely, is it realy usefull to have 100% status on a single bullet?).

I really feel like her first ability is more of a passive it reminds me of volts passive but charged up from damage instead of moving around, it needs a major buff because it has nearly no late game potential. The damage gained without punchthrough is not worth the energy cost imo.

On 06/02/2017 at 8:26 AM, DoctorWild said:

More power creep? For now i would say no, but I think that this ability isn't realy appealing. What about something like special ammos in left4dead?

The ability overcharge the magazine of pistol/rifle of an extra 25%, which are empowered, easier to use and work wonderfully with augument (sincerely, is it realy usefull to have 100% status on a single bullet?).

I agree 100% for a single shot is not that good. which gives me an idea that I'll add to the original post about making every shot 100% status until it reaches full charge.

@[DE]Rebecca, @[DE]Megan, @[DE]Steve

Edited by main_antagonist
100% status while charging ability.