Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas + Stealth = Broken, Is this Intended?

Xzorn

1 hour ago, yingji said:

In at least one game company I know, they pay people to make constant 'nerf' threads on competitor game companies' forums. Nerfing fun in your competitions games is one way to make sure you don't fall behind.

It is worth keeping in mind the possible agenda behind otherwise quite bizarre threads calling for nerfs on literally anything that's actually fun in Warframe.

Imma just sayin' ...

Though a bit too 'tin foil helmet' for me, there is some merit behind that. I can see not necessarily employees, but people (trolls) doing that. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Though a bit too 'tin foil helmet' for me, there is some merit behind that. I can see not necessarily employees, but people (trolls) doing that. 

Paid trolls is a billion dollar industry. You literally buy these services for your business just like you buy watercoolers and office printers. It is an enormous business sector that touches any significant company..

Just now, yingji said:

Paid trolls is a billion dollar industry. You literally buy these services for your business just like you buy watercoolers and office printers. It is an enormous business sector that touches any significant company..

I've heard of them for political motives (Russian trolls inciting fake news to cause problems for an opposing politician.) Did not realize that anyone would do so for something as trivial as games. However considering they probably have an annual gross income in the millions, they might want to get a bigger piece of the pie. I just don't think they are enough to force the change we saw here. Unless DE literally just listened to the OP and not the (possibly) hundreds saying, don't do this.

On 3/12/2017 at 4:59 PM, Kinjeto said:

You know that when videographers mention a lot of the stuff that goes on in this community forum. I think quite a few things especially the ignite proc potentially need a look at. (See: Rio's comment at 6:56 and also more important 8:32 of that video)

I'd like to know, if there was a Devstream, where any member of the DE development specified specifically that longitudinal game modes are not considered end-game or an end-game system. Was there ever a comment about raids and quests being more end-game/end-game like systems.

Because GAS has been in Warframe forever and a day. Now as Rio stated and lets be logical and fair here, in an infinite scaling game with levels that can exceed Lv 1000 up to 9999 why shouldn't there be more power creep. It should honour people WHO PUT IN THE TIME and PEOPLE WHO WANT TO GO DO THAT in Interception, Defense, Survival, Excavation or whatever.

We even have leaderboards in-game. It appears to me that there are certain members in this community that don't see long games as [an] form of end-game/system or something to do. So I bring this up again.
 Unless Digital Extremes can actually say for certain that there are going to be more systems (like focus) that enhance long-game modes and power creeping also doing more damage or do things like Blood Rush. Which is fine mind you, where it is at the moment for what it does. Why does this need a nerf, a change or whatever?

I think Rio's video certainly has a lot more importantly high points about what's really going on.

DE has gone on record acknowledging endurance runs as a  play style. They mentioned this when they killed the Void and as a result endurance runner rewards. They've called Raids and Sorties end-game but I think a misconception with the community is that it's the concept which is end-game. Not the level range.

The Gas + Stealth situation has indeed been in the game for years but it's only recently been understood in the last year as to what was happening and It's also become a lot more broad in it's use. Ash, Banshee, Equinox, Exalibur, Inaros, Ivara, Loki, Wukong, Nezha, Mirage, Partial Vauban, Partial Ember, Any Naramon, Any Blast Proc could now take advantage of the situation where as years ago only Loki / Ash / Excal could really make any use of it.

We get Power Creep nearly every update or Prime Access. Gas wasn't a case of Power Creep, in fact it ignored Power Creep, damage types, health types and the damage system overall. DE Steve said on his stream (unofficial) that he would look into other ways to give players access to higher level content in the future. The Leaderboards don't really work because they reset too often. If they were Seasonal they might carry more purpose.

I would love more attention to the minority known as Endurance runners. We've gotten shafted far too often over the years but the Gas change helps endurance runners. it doesn't hurt us. One of the biggest reasons I myself do endurance runs is to try different setups, team synergies and have the mods in my gear have weight. Gas takes all this away. There is only Gas when you're talking stealth multipliers and that seems kinda boring doesn't it?