Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas + Stealth = Broken, Is this Intended?

Xzorn

16 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Nor does anyone check youtube videos.

Reveal hidden contents

Or bunches of distantObserver's vids.
etc. etc.

^This.

Possible to miss in design process, patch accident... Not when having basic interest in players response, official forum posts and mentioned videos.

Or, you know... Just playing.

@Xzorn,

I was wailing on things on Sat doing a Heiracon pub keyfarm with Naramon, Saryn,  and a gas built War.  Understanding that I do not focus on Stealth play, I was not seeing any crazy numbers like that while invis.  Do you have screen grabs that we taken from outside the Simulacrum?  On some occasions bugs occur in the simulacrum but not PVE.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Wow. I thought this had died. I'm happy to have gotten an official response on this.

I hope to see the damage system see more attention in the future.

Thank you for having a comprehensive post on this topic! It makes it a lot easier to find bugs and share them with the team. :) 

We will be rectifying the bug of all proc ticks being affected by stealth multipliers in a future patch. 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
edited for clarity, sorry for any confusion.

6 minutes ago, Ironelle said:

@Xzorn,

I was wailing on things on Sat doing a Heiracon pub keyfarm with Naramon, Saryn,  and a gas built War.  Understanding that I do not focus on Stealth play, I was not seeing any crazy numbers like that while invis.  Do you have screen grabs that we taken from outside the Simulacrum?  On some occasions bugs occur in the simulacrum but not PVE.

Check the 4th vid (with the excal thumbnail) that I linked.

1 hour ago, Sannidor said:

There's only one way you could not Know about this sooner - DE does not play their own game. At all. Those who pretend like Becca, Megan or Glen don't care about any mechanics of progress and achieve results by random chance, admiring colorful flashy things on the screen like pachinko addicts.

This is serious.

3 people who are also responsible for other goings on in the company vs 4k+ users playing the game that isn't their job. I'd expect us to find more bugs than they do purely because of sample size. 

This is why bug reporting is a thing and why they recommend doing so.

On 03/02/2017 at 10:27 PM, Xzorn said:

After you're stealth for 3 seconds you gain stealth multipliers regardless of the enemy's alert status you can also force this with Blind, Savage Silence, ect.

Before they nerfed Lecta I was doing 60-80 waves on Akkad with others and getting 2 million Gas procs on a base Power Strength Chroma with M-Prime active. Toxic Ancient's Toxic resist aura doesn't matter, Ancient Healer's aura doesn't matter. Still one-shotting lvl 170 Infested like they're lvl 30.

The problem lies in how it undermines every mechanic in the game. Target priorities don't matter, damage types, health types. None of it matters.

Gas just wins.

I'm sorry but level 170 enemies are not really a threat to anyone especially infested. Going for 3 hrs in the Kuva Fortress you'll quickly see that gas damage really does not do much. Honestly I think the multipliers should not be removed entirely (maybe just lowered slightly) because without this there's really no other use for gas damage. Everything is pretty much resistant to it and if not, resistant to toxin.

Why change this? It's a fun mechanic. Does it bother some players that using an elemental damage type + stealth to kill high level enemies? Is it better to systematically remove fun from the game?

Perhaps instead of making gas useless, maybe buff other elements? Nope that'll never happen. 

32 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Thank you for having a comprehensive post on this topic! It makes it a lot easier to find bugs and share them with the team. :) 

We will be rectifying the bug of all proc ticks/damage being affected by stealth multipliers in a future patch. 

You gotta be kidding me. What is a glitch and what is a feature, will we ever be sure? This was a "bug" for so long it became common knowledge.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage

Spoiler

Base damage mods and combo multipliers do also increase the damage of gas ticks and if the proc occurs together with a headshot and/or critical hit, the gas ticks are also multiplied by a headshot multiplier and/or critical damage multiplier respectively. In case of melee weapons, another 8x stealth damage multiplier is applied to the gas ticks if the Warframe is in a stealth state.

Also, announcing "fixing" this before many other reported and documented glitches? :surprised:

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

why cant we have nice things ? why do people have to report any strat that works well in end game ? why cant you let us have something to counter the senseless enemy scaling in end game ?

Bugs should be reported.
Even if they result in nerfs to effective strategies.

It's DE's responsibility to follow this up by making multiple strategies and tactics viable.
Especially if Warframe is supposed to be 'make your own fun, all things to all people' etc.
This is where they usually fall down, sadly.
(Also, the fact that very very often bugs that ease farming get fixed ASAP, but gameplay affecting stuff don't... Well, I have trouble not being cynical (and subsequently salty) about this when it happens.)

Edited by Chroia

while we're at it lets fix the numerous other problems like enemy armor scaling, continuous weapons, phantom shot on snipers and many more . oh wait, they don't give us a slight advantage ? nevermind then . it boggles my mind how this has been a thing for as long as i can remember . Youtubers have made videos on it, there have been record runs using it and yet nothing has ever been done about it . There are more pressing issues on the game which need to be fixed ASAP  like how the shotgun rework made the phage useless as it shared both shotguns and beam weapon features, enemy armor scaling and even how damage types like impact are completely useless. Sorry if i'm a bit salty but it's just extremely frustrating when you have to re-forma and change entire builds because a feature which has been present forever is deemed a bug out of the blue and patched while more pressing issues are left hanging

39 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We will be rectifying the bug of all proc ticks/damage being affected by stealth multipliers in a future patch. 

Just wondering but do you actually have any QA people? Becouse no offense but the amount of stuff that slips under your radar goes from bewildering to really umbeliavable, now gas damage was a fairly obscure thing (not really but w/e) but other stuff was pretty well known and ages after introduction you show up and say "Sorry it was a bug." (see volt electric shield extending range of continuous weapons)

That doesn't come off well you know?