Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas + Stealth = Broken, Is this Intended?

Xzorn

33 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

3 people who are also responsible for other goings on in the company vs 4k+ users playing the game that isn't their job. I'd expect us to find more bugs than they do purely because of sample size. 

This is why bug reporting is a thing and why they recommend doing so.

30k online on right now according to http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

47 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Thank you for having a comprehensive post on this topic! It makes it a lot easier to find bugs and share them with the team. :) 

We will be rectifying the bug of all proc ticks/damage being affected by stealth multipliers in a future patch. 

I encourage you to do some testing of how much needs fixing, you may end up with non-viable stealth yet again.

FYI: there are some weird glitches with stealth affinity bonus too. For example if I kill two enemies that I've put to sleep as Ivara with one arrow, I lose stealth-kill affinity bonus.

50 minutes ago, Chroia said:

Check the 4th vid (with the excal thumbnail) that I linked.

In that video, gas was only detailed in the second half for end game.  The second half of the video took place entirely in the simulacrum.  I watched all the other videos to makes sure I did not miss it there.  I am not saying I don't believe you, I just want to see a screen grab. 

Just now, Gendalph said:

30k online on right now according to http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I encourage you to do some testing of how much needs fixing, you may end up with non-viable stealth yet again.

FYI: there are some weird glitches with stealth affinity bonus too. For example if I kill two enemies that I've put to sleep as Ivara with one arrow, I lose stealth-kill affinity bonus.

That stealth affinity thing isn't a glitch, it's a part of the system now. Any new enemies that spawn have a timer on them, in which if you kill them you'll loose stealth affinity bonus. Sad times but they patched it to avoid stealth affinity farming.

5 minutes ago, Ironelle said:

In that video, gas was only detailed in the second half for end game.  The second half of the video took place entirely in the simulacrum.  I watched all the other videos to makes sure I did not miss it there.  I am not saying I don't believe you, I just want to see a screen grab. 

I see. Sorry, misrecalled the video's content.

Give me 2 minutes, I'll give you a screengrab.

@Kurambik

I'm an endurance runner. Most of what I do in this game is fight lvl 300-2000 enemies. I treasure the ability the theory craft different ideas and loadouts in this game. It's where I spend much of my time.

The reason for my post on Gas was because even at those levels, Gas is the best option by far when you have stealth or can enforce stealth multipliers with things like Banshee's Savage Silence.  It's not really about the numbers but about there not being any competitive alternative. 

There's some truth in what @The_Discussion posted in that we should always have alternative options. Though there's nothing wrong in a best option under circumstances / factions. In my experience Slash is not actually the end-all status proc either. Corrosive procs will beat Slash procs in kill rate after a certain point due to enemy raw HP scaling. Running Lasting Sting will allow Bleeds to remain effective but bleeds are also not improved by most buffs in the game unlike a raw elemental Corrosive weapon would be. But this is also only against armored enemies. Not all enemies.

There are plenty of flaws in the damage system like Puncture/Impact Vs Slash but for the most part there's still some options out there that rival others.

17 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Just remove the double/triple dipping, and keep it at 8x damage, no need to to completely neuter it 

The 8x buff for the initial proc damage will remain. The issue is that this multiplier was then added to each tick of proc damage as well, which was not intended. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)CuddlyZebesian said:

Why are you asking? Stop asking. Don't ruin slash weapons man.

I'm asking because I want clarifications. I don't want slash weapons to get ruined. That's why I'm asking.

This absurd notion of "shhhhh don't ask or they'll nerf it" is pretty mind numbing to me.

2 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

JUST to be clear: Does this affect stealth slash procs?

Yes the normal 8x multiplier is boosted to 64X due to double dipping atm.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

The 8x buff for the initial proc damage will remain. The issue is that this multiplier was then added to each tick of proc damage as well, which was not intended. 

They are just fixing the unintended stacking so it is properly at 8x damage 

1 minute ago, Legion216 said:

I'm asking because I want clarifications. I don't want slash weapons to get ruined. That's why I'm asking.

This absurd notion of "shhhhh don't ask or they'll nerf it" is pretty mind numbing to me.

But the so called "bug reporting" kills everything because the "fixes" utterly destroy damage output. Keeping quiet about something that makes what is already a grindfest a little easier is the only way people keep going in this game.