Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas + Stealth = Broken, Is this Intended?

Xzorn

While I loved Stealth + Gas on many of my weps, and it was a nice alternative to common methods, we all kinda have to come to an agreement that the damage output for Stealth + Gas was absurd. What could we possibly do with those numbers that would change the game with so limited cases to prove itself? Those numbers make the entire star chart trivial (and so does regular stealth), and would only be meaningful in verrrrry rare cases: 2hr+ Survival or 60 wave defense.

We kind of have to be realistic here, with this tweak, 1hr survivals can still be easily achieved with methods we've already used. 

6 minutes ago, Slum.Dog said:

While I loved Stealth + Gas on many of my weps, and it was a nice alternative to common methods, we all kinda have to come to an agreement that the damage output for Stealth + Gas was absurd. What could we possibly do with those numbers that would change the game with so limited cases to prove itself? Those numbers make the entire star chart trivial (and so does regular stealth), and would only be meaningful in verrrrry rare cases: 2hr+ Survival or 60 wave defense.

We kind of have to be realistic here, with this tweak, 1hr survivals can still be easily achieved with methods we've already used. 

The entire starchart was trivial b4 anyone even knew about this 

A braton fully formaed and modded would have no trouble with the star chart

Slash status builds are only good because it ignores armor.

On armorless enemies normal dmg builds has it beat.

Edited by Dragazer

All the comments in this thread really make me wonder what could be so much fun about dealing 512x damage to enemies easily. It's not needed for any content you generally play (unless you want a challenge, and why would you want to use cheese then?). There is a reason your weapons stop dealing with enemies quickly at some point. You're not supposed to be able to stay in missions endlessly (at least not with that low effort). I can't see how you could consider a 512x damage multiplier that easily archieved not broken.

So please enlighten me: What is so much fun about it?

Edited by Rodag

Great job breaking it, self-established Hero.

Gas needed this interaction with stealth because 1: enemy scaling is broken and 2: gas is useless otherwise. w/o these massive stealth multipliers, gas is just a slightly better toxin proc with significantly worse damage to all factions when it doesn't proc. It was already limited in usefulness to weapons with high status chance combined with frames/focus school that provide stealth multipliers. Gas was one of only two things keeping crit from being better that status in every way (Growing Power being the other). Take that away and almost everyone will be back to using nothing but crit weapons (with the exception of the SynSim Mirage users, who will never change).

If they remove the stealth multiplier scaling, no one will be using it outside of Mag (and possible Sonar Banshee, because she can get the multipliers back up high enough to be useful).

@[DE]Taylor, please try to keep an eye on this (or have someone else do it) to keep the community informed about any upcoming changes for this. Being left in the dark tends to make the community nervous.

If they are gonna Nerf this then fix the dam armor scaling and FIX FARMING no one likes the grind you said you would fix it you never have you make it more hassle like with the dumb idea of the hema like really "were gonna make it so its not so grinding" LIERS!

Also just more reason not to play ^_~ thank you NS for the best game to ever be ZELDA

Edited by ZHeart

30 minutes ago, Rodag said:

All the comments in this thread really make me wonder what could be so much fun about dealing 512x damage to enemies easily. It's not needed for any content you generally play (unless you want a challenge, and why would you want to use cheese then?).

This.

I don't use methods like Gas + Stealth in my endurance runs because part of the fun is finding new builds and synergies to push.

Of course I'm not above using them in Sorties or other situations where I just want to get it over.

You automatically know a stealth frame with Gas can do lvl 300+,Solo.

You can even go naked (no mods) with Naramon if you want. I don't see the point.

Edited by Xzorn

24 minutes ago, Rodag said:

So please enlighten me: What is so much fun about it?

It's not only about fun, running a small clan which most ppl in it barely contributes makes me need to farm solo. Yes i do have fun trying builds and lasting in survivals etc. But Grinding and Farming is not within my part of Fun. I also use this as a last effort after the "FUN" i have to make it to nearest rotation C drops before extracting since my weapons can't follow the enemy buffing further on endless.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

The 8x buff for the initial proc damage will remain. The issue is that this multiplier was then added to each tick of proc damage as well, which was not intended. 

Does it really matter with the Riven and Relic system? With a good weapon we basically 1 shot every enemy in your regular content, and since it's 1 Relic for 1 reward, there's no financial risk for you with users cheaply amassing a huge amount of BPs by staying longer anymore.

Edited by cx-dave

Calling this A BUG is such a shame on DE's side. SERIOUSLY? Were you living in a CAVE???

There are COUNTLESS builds about stealth/melee/gas combo in YOUTUBE, made by the ones who you played lunaro TOGETHER a few days ago.

There's a DEDICATED YouTuber who has been making melee gas/bleed builds since months.

SERIOUSLY. Calling this a bug now, you're either a liar or have no idea what's going on in your own game.

Sorry but it's too late calling this a bug.

If you screw it, you screw all of the status melee weapons.

Gas is likely to be totally useless without this, or more specifically Toxin will be, gas just delievers toxin in an aoe.  Especially against armor units.  Try using gas with saryn on 60+ enemies.  Love (hate) seeing ticks of 1's and 2's.