Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas + Stealth = Broken, Is this Intended?

Xzorn

6 minutes ago, Glitchesarecool said:

I mean, yeah? Brozime just did a video talking about this. Up until now the only youtuber who really made a big deal of it, as far as I can recall, was Distant Observer.

Every warframe youtuber has said alot/ made many builds with Gas stealth melee. Hell, even I have. and if this Happens. my Most popular video on the orvius, will be trash.

40 minutes ago, MemeSageZ said:

You don't seem to understand... it's something that's been apart of warframe for maybe years... YEARS... And making gas PROCS no longer effected by stealth, makes many many many melee weapons garbage. on paper "64x damage" looks high.. but this is Gas we're talking about. If Gas was anyway shape or form powerful outside of stealth. it would be used. Non stealth Gas procs are garbage. And doing this, just brings things back to Slash + Viral being the only Viable element combo for high level end game content. And this doesn't just make it 64x damage.. it makes it down to 8x damage. not 64x. because when removing the Stealth from the proc it's self. removes the Stealth damage from the Aoe, as well as the Toxin Damage that comes from the Aoe. And untill this post was made. DE wasn't making any post about "Fixing" it. so ofcorse people will be pissed with the Warframe SJWs.

Being there for a long time does not make it any less of a bug. There's been a bug with enemy animations making the immune to knockdown and stuns (as any ember and limbo will tell you) ever since the game launched, and exists to this day. It's not any less of a bug for it.

Having played with gas myself I can tell you exactly how much that x64 damage is. It's not on paper damage, it's actual mountain high piles of damage. You OHK lvl 145 enemies or in 2 seconds. No way that's intended. There is a difference between decent time to kill and one shotting. And the argument comparing it to CL is holds no water either because: 

1)CL is limited to one class 2)Available only with finishers 3)Usable on a target by target basis therefore TTK is noticeably larger

On the other hand, Gas nukes entire CROWDS.

Hey, i enjoyed gas too. I'm not going to lie and be a goody two shoes and say I didn't use it. Ask my Radiant finish excal. But I pretty much was expecting it get nerfed at some point because x64 damage is too high no matter how you look at it. 

x8 damage is not going to immediately make it blast tier because x8 is a lot of damage. Try it out before flaming is what I'm saying.

And what's this about slash+viral being the only viable damage type? If you're using CP, sure, that has always been the case. But as I keep saying there are weapons that  use legit ways to bypass and remove armor that are just as strong. Realistically this going to affect a miniscule part of the crowd because our damage is already so damn high.

It has nothing to do with bug reporters being SJWs. They are doing what they are supposed to do. None of this is an excuse to pour vitriol on them and make them out for scum, I am sorry.

This is just another example of the nerf mentality of this game. Stuff allows you to clear high level content if built right for a single strat, it gets nerfed, rather than bringing other possibilities in line with this playstyle. Eventually all gear will do precisely nothing in terms of damage or power. 

@Xzorn: I'm *DYING* to know what was your motivation behind this post...

Specially knowing they'll just "fix this bug" and leave all the rest of their flawed/bugged damage system untouched (aka stupid armor scaling).

Thanks dude, from now on the only way to deal with high level armor scaling enemies will be Covert Lethality... Why don't you open a thread about that too so DE can "fix it"?

Edited by KurzedMetal

18 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

While you're fixing it, could you make the effects of poison/gas procs unaffected by armor? Since slash gets to do it and it makes drastically more sense for POISON to be the effect that can help bypass armor?

Better yet, Just make Slash procs not bypass armor. I mean, How does a blade make something bleed through armor? and remove stealth from Everything that Procs with stealth damage. better yet, just remove stealth damage. Makes melee weapons Add health to enemies while invisable. 

Gasproc+Savage Silence Banhsee were used in the last tennocon alert ON THE TENNOCON itselt, on the official stream.

That's how many actually learned about this behaviour.

This is nothing new, and obviously should've been known by developers.

Obviously this was an intended behaviour by whoever coded this into the game (one of the developers), and I dont think it should be overriden by another developer's ignorance about the game he's working on.

Remember "Nekros was not nerfed", while the actual probability of getting loot got halved? That's the exact same issue.

The witch hunt is real.

7d02de3c6f015a8f10cdc8b6884c2e14.gif

I'm not the one making the changes nor am I the one who let it go for so long.

And yes, there are other flaws between the damage system and scaling. Wouldn't it be nice if those got attention too?

I was hopeful for Damage 3.0 but since an obvious improvement to the system meets with such hostility; I kinda see why they would just scrap it.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

The witch hunt is real.

y u do dis heretic. 

i for one am kinda happy this is tossed to the bin. 

on ps4 US at least the community rotates around this, and only this mechanic and people are so freaking entitled about it. 

it's not as if it's expensive doe,  could have easily minmaxed my frames n weps for it should i have chosen to do so. 

but i mean hory shet the amount of smugness that oozes from players that have managed to scrounge up the mods to do this as if it had any relation to actually playing the game content that offers any rewards.

I love all the people launching all these personal attacks at @Xzorn just because one of the devs happened to post in his thread. This issue has been VERY well known by craptons of players for the past half a year, but hey, now that devs are also aware, I guess the only reasonable thing left to do is scapegoat the nearest person and call him names. Gotta vent somehow, right?

I swear, this thread alone could fuel an entire Warframe Forum Simulator video. Keep being classy, folks.

Edited by SortaRandom

This is an exploitation of the system.

I would make an honorable mention to the guy discovering the exploit. He deserves a statue. 

By the way, this is the same system for which enemies scale out of proportion with the player and the average weapon and Warframe.

I'm ok with balancing the damage system, not nerfing one side.

PS

This is a build that only affect high end players facing enemies that need to deal that kind of damage.

The 80% of players won't have neither the mods, nor the weapons forma'ed enough, nor the necessity to go into this.

Those same players could be wise enough to decide on their own to exploit the system or not.

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer

16 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

This is an exploitation of the system.

I would make an honorable mention to the guy discovering the exploit. He deserves a statue. 

By the way, this is the same system for which enemies scale out of proportion with the player and the average weapon and Warframe.

I'm ok with balancing the damage system, not nerfing one side.

PS

This is a build that only affect high end players facing enemies that need to deal that kind of damage.

The 80% of players won't have neither the mods, nor the weapons forma'ed enough, nor the necessity to go into this.

Those same players could be wise enough to decide on their own to exploit the system or not.

I am honored. :P 

I tried hard to be quiet about it. xD

I uploaded this video 11 months ago.

Wonder if this mechanic was exploited before this, since then, or much later.

Edited by keychup

18 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Not really cause there are plenty of other methods available. It actually will hurt the average players more as they have less options to deal high damage.

9 hours ago, MemeSageZ said:

And this doesn't just make it 64x damage.. it makes it down to 8x damage. not 64x. because when removing the Stealth from the proc it's self. 

You're mistaken on this point. Currently, the base damage of melee in stealth is multiplied by 8x, then the gas proc goes off of that 8x damage and gets another 8x for being in stealth. After that, each tick of status damage gets multiplied by 8x on top of that. This is a total of 512x damage. Status DOTs getting stealth multiplied is unintended, but the first two are and were earlier confirmed that they will remain. This is plenty of damage. 

Recently a video by Brozime showcased him taking on 20 level 145 Corrupted Heavy Gunner Eximus with a gas build on the twin basolk. Including the time to travel between the 3 groups of enemies, it took just over 20 seconds to kill these enemies. Combined, that's an effective health pool of over 200 million. 10 million dps is much more than what is needed. 

So Gas will lose its ability to near instantly melt the toughest enemies in the game, but since it's an AOE and STACKS, it'll only take a few more swings to put a couple more clouds out to achieve the same damage. This will be fine. 

Repeat: this will be fine. 

It's worth noting that this applies to anything that multiplies damage.

Critical hits, Bane of X, headshots. Even mods like Charged Chamber, and the Daikyu's "more damage at long range" mod. All get applied multiple times with damaging status effects - twice with most effects, three times with Gas.

Edited by nairaX