Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does Oro collecting work ?

Retrijeuj

Question

Hey there.

So as the title implies, I'm having some trouble figuring out how we're supposed to claim an Oro as our own in Conclave mode (more precisely, in Quick Steel).

I'm guessing it's supposed to be "first one to catch the Oro gets it", which would make sense and prevent people from camping/sniping during the whole game. But sometimes it's really confusing, I've seen Oros move toward players much further away than I was, even when I was the one getting the kill, sometimes I'm the one getting Oros by doing absolutely nothing... this is really confusing and frustrating, I like the idea of forcing people to play aggressively and claim their reward rather than kill-stealing from afar, but I think the Oro should be contested between players who participated in the kill, while being attracted by the one who got the kill.

I'd even say it should be unpickable for a whole second to prevent people from just sticking to each other, waiting for one of them to be killed and collecting the reward.

3 answers to this question

Killing a player causes to drop an Oro. To Oro floats towards the killer if they are within 10m or so. However, any player can pick an oro.

If the killer dies before collecting the oro, any player can pick it up, if the killer or victim revives they can collect the oro too, but this won't float towards them, it's a "free oro" so to speak.

Edited by Nazrethim

special note:

If a player dies by suicide, then the oro floats to the player who last damaged them. If nobody damaged them but themselves, the oro just sits there.

3 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Killing a player causes to drop an Oro. To Oro floats towards the killer if they are within 10m or so. However, any player can pick an oro.

If the killer dies before collecting the oro, any player can pick it up, if the killer or victim revives they can collect the oro too, but this won't float towards them, it's a "free oro" so to speak.

I don't believe there is a range restriction on oro attraction. Oro will still float to a sniper across the map as long as it has LOS to the killer, just starts out very slowly and accelerates over time.

Edited by Pythadragon