Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon modularity

-CM-NineFingers

This is my first post and I'm not even sure it should go here. Anyway, here goes nothing.

Disclaimer: All things stated under this disclaimer are opinion/speculation. And more importantly, I'm not talking about adding mods, I'm talking about parts that would be added to the weapon outside of mods, and may or may not have a visual effect on the weapon.

I started thinking about some way to encourage people to use different weapons. We all know Tonkor and Tigris are top tier hard hitting weapons, but, what if we could make weapons unique? Let me explain:

How about a little gun modularity to allow customisation, and thus, giving players a wider range of weapons they can use and how they can use it? some examples below.

Silencer: Self-explainatory. A phisical silencer, that would do the same effect as a maxed silencer, hush or silent battery, and besides appareance, would give us extra space for modding if we want stealth.

Muzzle break: Could reduce recoil and better accuracy a little. In exchange it could lower a bit of damage.

Semi Auto/Burst/Auto: Self-explainatory. Could let us choose how the trigger will react, only place to change it would be the orbiter. Has no effect whatsoever on fire rate of the actual weapon.

Secondary projectile: Adding a secondary fire to weapons that don't have it. For example: shotgun shells, grenade launchers (only for assault type weapons), landmines, Injectors (silenced dart type projectile, would have a 100% chance to proc toxin related status or sleep target /lower his accuracy)

Special: Some weapons already have special fire mechanics. These weapons could get some modular thingies (top notch technical expression right there) that complement these mechanics. For example, heat seeking missiles for the Angstrum could be tasty. If grineer have it, why shouldn't the tenno?

Of course, this idea would not apply to all weapons. some of them are already incredibly powerful on their own, and others have already interesting mechanics. This would apply to, let's say, "standard" weapons that don't see lots of use in game.

All ideas and opinions are welcome, but let's try to keep this classy. Thanks for your time.