The Second Stream Podcast: Enemy Designs, Trials, Clans, & More!

[DE]Drew

The Second Stream  

477 members have voted

1. 1. What is your first impression of the mini Hyena enemy?

• I like it - looks interesting
    • Not sure - need more information
    • I don't like it (post an explanation below)
    • Other (post an explanation below)
    • No opinion on this topic.
  2. 2. Fun question: What would you call it instead of "mini Hyena"?

• Dingo
    • Fox
    • Bobcat
    • Coyote
    • Other (post your idea blow)
  3. 3. What is your first impression of the Eximus weak points?

• I like it - as long as they aren't too crazy.
    • I'm not sure - need more information.
    • I don't like it (post an explanation below)
  4. 4. From what was shown on "Kingpins", do you think your Clan will participate in them?

• Yes, we'll probably participate!
    • Maybe - not sure yet.
    • No, my clan probably won't participate.
  5. 5. Would you like more "Operator only" missions or objectives?

• Yes! Let me use my Operator more.
    • Maybe - depends what they are.
    • No, I'm not interested in that.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, ensignvidiot said:

Kuva Gaurdians have an interesting mechanic that involves using my operator to make them vulnerable so I can one shot him.

"I like this one invulnerable enemy because I have to stop doing whatever I'm currently doing in order to do a specific task to harm them."

2 hours ago, ensignvidiot said:

Weakpoints would mean that I have to stop focusing on the objective to carefully aim at each one and destroy it.

"I don't like this idea because I have to stop doing whatever I'm currently doing in order to shoot a specific weak point."

??????????????????????

EDIT: By the way, yes, Rebecca was having a tough time, but she was also trying to do more than just destroy the enemy. She was showing what the weak points looked like, speaking with the developers, and also trying to attack the enemy. Had she done what they said she could do-- control it-- then she'd have been able to take it out with zero difficulty.

Edited by Chipputer

3. What is your first impression of the Eximus weak points?

As I have stated in other threads; Invulnerability is a lazy design excuse to prolong the lifetime of an enemy and create a fake 'increase' in difficulty. It is not engaging, fun, interesting or challenging. Therefore, I despise it. It is fine if used for bosses (even though I still don't like it there), but not on any other kind of unit.

Besides that, you have made a fundamental mistake; Eximus units are not Mini-bosses. They are Elite units or lieutenants or captains or what have you. You do have mini bosses in Warframe; Bursas and Prosecutors. Those are units I can sort-of consider 'Mini-Boss', though they don't have the staying or stopping power of a mini-boss. Eximi are just Elites. A step above the mooks. Not 'Mini-Bosses'.

If you want actual ideas from the community (which you should listen to a bit once again, as you seem to have stopped doing so there for a bit), there are several ideas lying around the forums. Give us cool new mechanics, mess up our current 'meta'. We've seen you do it, we know you can do it.

On 12/2/2017 at 7:11 AM, Chipputer said:

"I like this one invulnerable enemy because I have to stop doing whatever I'm currently doing in order to do a specific task to harm them."

"I don't like this idea because I have to stop doing whatever I'm currently doing in order to shoot a specific weak point."

??????????????????????

EDIT: By the way, yes, Rebecca was having a tough time, but she was also trying to do more than just destroy the enemy. She was showing what the weak points looked like, speaking with the developers, and also trying to attack the enemy. Had she done what they said she could do-- control it-- then she'd have been able to take it out with zero difficulty.

She had trouble killing one enemy. Showing off the weakpoints took all of five seconds. She might not have performed at maximum capacity, but she was facing a single, isolated enemy. Ergo the havoc of it all. Also, the thing about the person you are quoting is; Kuva Guardians are predictable, few in number and they don't require specific preparations. You know when you're going to deal with them and you only deal with them if you want. You are perfectly capable to ignore the Kuva Siphon and go about your regular duties in a mission; the Guardians will ignore you. An Eximus is part of the mission. They won't spawn in one place and not deal with you. There won't be 1-5 of them, alone. They won't poke out of every other unit, making them easy to identify and deal with. So, to me, you're trying to equate two different things because they sound marginally similar.