Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is this not nerfed ? Yes synoid simolor

Insane-Mana

So im not want to judge the players that use it so plz dont take it personal when i say some things here.

Synoid simulor:

Needs No aim and no skill all you need is plat or time to farm it and some rank.

Played with a guy who seemed to be "good", a random i met  on a infested survival t4. He picked a spot and we just sat there for over an hour. Him (mirage for obvious reasons )spaming his gun at the door and me some times running in and out to activate life support.

Dear Dev's is this how you want you game to be played? It needs a serious nerf in all aspect of the gun. The light from it is just terrible, the sound omg. And i know you guys know but for some reason are not in a hurry to fix this? shame realy

Now i feel i must add that yes... when i see a synoid simulor in my team i just leave and find another group. But atm im having to do this more and more every day. I could go on and on but we all know that this is a problem wich needs fixing asap

Thank you for reading my horrible english and have a nice day

Even the normal simulor suffered from this. Moreso, the ability for Mirage clone projectiles to be compatible with the main's projectile was ADDED because DE decided that it was a bug, opening the floodgates for a ridiculous amount of simulor abuse.

Because when not compared with Mirage it really isn't that strong? Mirage make the weapon go from a strong choke point weapon to a crazy offensive weapon. It also require mastery rank 12 which is pretty high so it should be strong. Will agree on color and sound tho.

Plus your playing a survival can't you just move to another room and leave the camper?

Edit: can't I say this with every aoe weapon?

Plus, DE has never said anything about how you should be playing the game, and camping (while boring to me) is a playstyle.

Edited by Fast_98

19 minutes ago, xXxBeasTxXx said:

but we all know that this is a problem wich needs fixing asap

You mean the problem where you can take an elemental based weapon into an elemental enhanced (resistance out the wazoo) grineer (super armor on top of resistances) sortie and get top kills as a nekros? 

Nah, its fine.

19 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

Because when not compared with Mirage it really isn't that strong? Mirage make the weapon go from a strong choke point weapon to a crazy offensive weapon. It also require mastery rank 12 which is pretty high so it should be strong. Will agree on color and sound tho.

Plus your playing a survival can't you just move to another room and leave the camper?

Edit: can't I say this with every aoe weapon?

Plus, DE has never said anything about how you should be playing the game, and camping (while boring to me) is a playstyle.

I played that game just to see how it would play out after an hour,  normally i just leave the second i see a synoid simolor Unless it a Sortie because thats where i think the weapon has a right to be.

My fav weapon atm is the Tonkor, and yes it can be very powerful, but i feel with this gun you need to at least aim or place shots, specially in the late game.

Every one can play how he or she wants when he or she wants, but when i see some thing in a game that i love thats in my opinion not healthy for the game in general then im gonna write about it and ask questions.

So im not gonna quote you all. But thanks for reading and your input. 

Here's a final thought:

Every other game you go in (publics) low/high/mid tier there is 1 or 2 players with this weapon and or mirage. How much fun would that be? Again im not judging the players, im judging the weapon.

And i agree fully that @ t4 mission and sorties etc the gun has a place as it is. So maybe as a fix for the problem they should make it that some weapons cant be used below t4 in public matchmaking. Cause lets be fair Below t4 this is not a difficult game.

2 minutes ago, xXxBeasTxXx said:

I played that game just to see how it would play out after an hour,  normally i just leave the second i see a synoid simolor Unless it a Sortie because thats where i think the weapon has a right to be.

My fav weapon atm is the Tonkor, and yes it can be very powerful, but i feel with this gun you need to at least aim or place shots, specially in the late game.

Every one can play how he or she wants when he or she wants, but when i see some thing in a game that i love thats in my opinion not healthy for the game in general then im gonna write about it and ask questions.

In no way am I bashing you man, just giving my opinion out as well.

A lot of weapons like the amprex and other shoot and spray weapons exist ingame that pretty much require you to look at the general direction of enemy masses. In my personal opinion only projectile based or single shot weapons actually really need you to line up and aim but that also my personal opinion.

Plus if you want to try another fun aoe gun then try the zarr (literally a cannon that can switch into a shotgun).

1 hour ago, icecream011 said:

So, because a weapon is effective and good in high level missions is a reason to nerf it? Bare in mind that the Synoid Simulor already received a nerf that took away more than 80% of it's total DPS potential.

There's a difference between 'effective' and so overpowered to the point that there's no good excuse to use anything else ever, and makes having a squad entirely obsolete.

That nerf? Yeah- that was NOTHING to this gun. if you take 90% off of 100 million dollars and give it to me I'm still going to be able to do anything I want with it. Same thing goes for synoid spamulor.

2 hours ago, icecream011 said:

So, because a weapon is effective and good in high level missions is a reason to nerf it? Bare in mind that the Synoid Simulor already received a nerf that took away more than 80% of it's total DPS potential.

No, because it's braindead to use and flips the skill/reward ration completely on its head. High damage, ammo efficiency, massive AOE, no need to aim, built in CC, energy restore, annoying FX...truly the weapon for someone who doesn't actually want to play the game. 

Plus, if a weapon can be nerfed by 80% and still be the weapon of choice for playing drinking bird, it hasn't been nerfed enough.

11 hours ago, xXxBeasTxXx said:

So im not want to judge the players that use it so plz dont take it personal when i say some things here.

Synoid simulor:

Needs No aim and no skill all you need is plat or time to farm it and some rank.

Played with a guy who seemed to be "good", a random i met  on a infested survival t4. He picked a spot and we just sat there for over an hour. Him (mirage for obvious reasons )spaming his gun at the door and me some times running in and out to activate life support.

Dear Dev's is this how you want you game to be played? It needs a serious nerf in all aspect of the gun. The light from it is just terrible, the sound omg. And i know you guys know but for some reason are not in a hurry to fix this? shame realy

Now i feel i must add that yes... when i see a synoid simulor in my team i just leave and find another group. But atm im having to do this more and more every day. I could go on and on but we all know that this is a problem wich needs fixing asap

Thank you for reading my horrible english and have a nice day

Rhino stomp needs no skill and no aim....

Vortex needs no skill and no aim

Discharge needs no skill and no aim...

Invisibility means you need no skill and no aim....

etc etc etc

Plenty of things you can spam over and over (trinityZenuirk, pads) need no skill and no aim.

The simulor isn't a problem. Its range is crap and it doesn't even scale all that well against high level enemies.

4 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

Rhino stomp needs no skill and no aim....

Vortex needs no skill and no aim

Discharge needs no skill and no aim...

Invisibility means you need no skill and no aim....

etc etc etc

Plenty of things you can spam over and over (trinityZenuirk, pads) need no skill and no aim.

The simulor isn't a problem. Its range is crap and it doesn't even scale all that well against high level enemies.

Pretty sure all of your "examples" come with downsides, not to mention actually aiming (the fact that we count aiming as shooting a Vortex now is a little sad). 

One of the most annoying things about the SySim is how its 11m radius (largest in game IIRC) means you can simply spam in the general direction of enemies and win.

Drawing equivalencies between energy pads/Zenurik and the SySim is such a stretch that I'm honestly not sure which one you're defending. 

3 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

It doesn't, as even on Mirage it can be heavily easily outperformed by other tools if you aren't bad at the game.

thats just it. you kinda proved my point. 

When i get the gun and forma it i will prove my point and stick it on a lvl 1 frame with only vitality mod and run trough lvl 80 and higher mobs.

1 minute ago, xXxBeasTxXx said:

thats just it. you kinda proved my point. 

When i get the gun and forma it i will prove my point and stick it on a lvl 1 frame with only vitality mod and run trough lvl 80 and higher mobs.

I did 100 minutes of T4S with unranked Ash in melee. Your point?

2 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:
  Hide contents

Not signed in

Naramon cheese. You could do this with literally any frame that doesn't rely on abilities for damage.

Who cares what your stats are if no one every shoots at you?

Still broken, but a different topic.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I can already hear the comments saying "plz DE nerf ash"

More "nerf Naramon".

While stupidly powerful (especially in solo), at least you have to engage in melee gameplay, so it's not quite as bad as SySim.

2 hours ago, Magneu said:

Naramon cheese. You could do this with literally any frame that doesn't rely on abilities for damage.

You know, normally I would've called you ignorant and suggested you try it out for yourself, as very few frames/weapons could've actually done that. However, DE completely broke invisibility recently and at this particular moment what you're saying stands correct.

However, the point here: the game has a lot of mechanics and tools far exceeding Synoid Simulor - Mirage or not. Asking for this weapon to get nerfed only because you're bad enough to consider it overpowered over the other options simply due to being unaware of their existence is silly, to say the least.

Fix the game first, then nerf the only relevant primary weapon.

22 hours ago, Fast_98 said:

Because when not compared with Mirage it really isn't that strong?

I think this is what a lot of people are actually missing about the Simulor.

Its strength isn't in its flat numbers. Its strength is in its ability to stagger every enemy it hits, deal a large one-time AoE per vortex stack, and deal residual AoE damage. It's the combination of these three elements that even make it somewhat viable in high level play (particularly the token CC that it has with the stagger).

Once they removed the ability for weapons like the Simulor to score automatic headshots they inadvertently put it right at the level that it needs to be...

... then Mirage came in here and was like, "yeah, screw that," and turned it back up to 11, just like she always has with the thing.