Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add forum tags for every warframe?

Xekrin

I was just thinking, how would it be possible to make it easier for DE to monitor and organize feedback on a particular warframe, or possibly more?  We have this pretty neat feature which I see such little use of, other than misuse whenever some poor newcomer to the forums hits those 'megathread' or 'psa' tags for their posts.

So what if there were forum tags for every warframe?  Yes, I mean 31+ extra tags that would be used to tag threads regarding a particular warframe.  Previously I'd kept wondering to myself why there are not individual sub-forums for every frame.  Some of the other games I've played in the past would have them for each playable class or unique character.  Why don't we have that?

Now I'm thinking instead of sub-categories, perhaps tags is the answer.  Possibly even going a few steps further.  Add an 'ability' tag, so we know a thread is about 'valkyr' and 'ability'.  What about a weapons tag, so we know it has content about a weapon.  Yeah even add primary, secondary, melee tags too.

The BUGS forum has NO sub-category for warframes or even weapons, despite the majority of bugs being reported being about one of those two things (okay I don't actually know a %, anyway), so how nice would it be if we could narrow things down with TAGS instead of relying on a catchy title to hopefully make our post stand out amongst the sea of other threads?

I'm sure it has been thought about and/or suggested before but I've not seen anything on it before so figured I throw it out there and see what others thought.

7 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

It would give mods more to keep up with though as someone might just add all the tags.

Yeah, that is one unfortunate pitfall to the idea I didn't want to mention, but yeah it would definitely be a concern and a pain to manage.  Still, it'd be pretty nice.  

22 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

31 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

It would give mods more to keep up with though as someone might just add all the tags.

Yeah, that is one unfortunate pitfall to the idea I didn't want to mention, but yeah it would definitely be a concern and a pain to manage.  Still, it'd be pretty nice.  

I say implement a system as it exists in the ingame chat atm. Placing [    ] brackets brings up a menu according to the first letters you type. (Much like "@username") 

This way it will be less likely that someone just checks out all the boxes to get as much attention as possible, because you have to manually add all the different tags concerning your post.

While we're at it: tagging specific mods would also be nice when discussing its uses and calculated stats.

Edited by ArcticMantis

6 minutes ago, ArcticMantis said:

I say implement a system as it exists in the ingame chat atm. Placing [    ] brackets brings up a menu according to the first letters you type. (Much like "@username") 

This way it will be less likely that someone just checks out all the boxes to get as much attention as possible, because you have to manually add all the different tags concerning your post.

While we're at it: tagging specific mods would also be nice when discussing its uses and calculated stats.

You know I could make a chrome plugin that does that. All the mods and frame stats are already in a DB somewhere so it wouldn't be too hard.