Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simultaneous PC/Nexus app login

kgptzac

Please allow both PC and the app to be "logged in" at the same time.  I'd like to be able to quickly claim my finished Forma and queue a new one while on a long Akkad mission, or maybe while I'm in another room from my PC where the game is running and I'm logged in.

I'd like this function, but also an added function into the app of not necessarily starting and picking up Foundry items, because I figure there could be logging conflicts occur in the server doing that sorta things. But more or less checking "shopping lists" by checking recipes and seeing what materials you may need to pick up while you're in a mission. During Cryotic runs, it'd be especially helpful because a fair number of things take Cryotic and it'd be great to look and see how long you might need to run before you have enough Cryotic for building certain things.

I feel like there's a good explanation why there's NOT simultaneous login, but it'd still be nice to have, as well as quicker app response.

On 12/02/2017 at 5:58 AM, ChezureDCypher said:

I feel like there's a good explanation why there's NOT simultaneous login, but it'd still be nice to have, as well as quicker app response.

2 different clients logged in performing actions means there are lots of ways the two can conflict. For example on the app you could put your pet into stasis whilst you were on an active mission with it or something similar. Allowing simultaneous logging is a really bad idea.

28 minutes ago, Shalath said:

2 different clients logged in performing actions means there are lots of ways the two can conflict. For example on the app you could put your pet into stasis whilst you were on an active mission with it or something similar. Allowing simultaneous logging is a really bad idea.

What about queueing then? The app could have to receive a response from the game telling the app you're leaving the mission and then it can punch in the actions you queued up, such as stasising your pet, starting foundry builds and claiming items, etc? I just feel like the Warframe Nexus app isn't... Super valuable right now unless you wanna pick up your extractors without booting up Warframe, and start and claim items in the foundry without the aforementioned launching. And even while playing, I feel it COULD have more usefulness.

16 hours ago, ChezureDCypher said:

What about queueing then? The app could have to receive a response from the game telling the app you're leaving the mission and then it can punch in the actions you queued up, such as stasising your pet, starting foundry builds and claiming items, etc? I just feel like the Warframe Nexus app isn't... Super valuable right now unless you wanna pick up your extractors without booting up Warframe, and start and claim items in the foundry without the aforementioned launching. And even while playing, I feel it COULD have more usefulness.

Queueing would work but DE would have to review every single action you could possibly make in-game and with the app and build in collision protection which would be a lot of work I think. Cost in terms of time versus benefit I don't think it would be worth it just so we can log in to both.

Yeah, like concurrency is hard in programming ;)

On a serious note, displaying things like alerts and sortie shouldn't be a mutex scenario concerning account logins.  Things with foundry and pet stasis... yes there needs to be synchronization logic, but both the pc/console client and the mobile client should be able to handle bad requests stemming from client states out of sync from the server... not a new concept in web development.

I'm not a big fan of telling other people how to code their project, but only want to show it's nothing inherently hard to achieve, compare to for example, hacking minigame played thru the mobile app.

Edited by kgptzac