Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I accidentally got poked again by the hivemind while the infested pod was matured..

(XBOX)NecroSkullWolf

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm afraid you will be unable to re-infect that same frame, as you gain immunity once you cure it using the chair. If you require the cyst to make a pet. you can still get infected on other frames that have not gained immunity, but regarding the one you're talking about, it will no longer be possible.

8 minutes ago, JazaJ said:

I believe that DE said on one of the Dev streams that there *is* a way to reinfect your frame once you cured it. They didn't specify how though. Ofc I might be completely wrong.

Wasn't it possible to have your Nidus get poked again? I'm not sure myself, but I thought they mentioned something like that.

1 hour ago, JazaJ said:

I believe that DE said on one of the Dev streams that there *is* a way to reinfect your frame once you cured it. They didn't specify how though. Ofc I might be completely wrong.

All I heard is that if you are in a game with someone else that is infected, and you don't have a cyst on that frame currently, and you haven't removed a cyst from that frame already, then it is possible for that virus to transfer to your frame and begin the process of growing that cyst. Other than that, Nidus is the only one able to enter that room.

1 hour ago, JazaJ said:

They didn't say that, don't fabricate.

2 hours ago, JazaJ said:

Ofc I might be completely wrong.

46 minutes ago, kyori said:

They didn't say that, don't fabricate.

Good thing you are able to read through my very short post thoroughly before posting. GJ, sir.

My experiences so far:

Nidus can go into the infested room on the orbiter and get 'poked' -  a cyst then grows and 7 days later is matured and can either a) be drained whilst starting a kubrow incubation or b) go back to the infested room and get it removed. Either way a new cyst starts growing Unsure about the veracity of this statement...so far my Nidus doesn't show signs of a new cyst after having it removed.

Update : My Nidus, after receiving the cure, shows no sign of any further growths after several days. The frame can enter the infested room, but there is no interaction available with the chair.

All other warframes gain a cyst by playing missions with another infected player and coming into contact with them. This cyst can be drained (as above) after which it will return, or the warframe can enter the infested room and be poked to have it removed. This inoculates the frame from any further infection and also prevents it from entering the infested room in future.

HTH

Edited by (XB1)Cotton Tail
Further Nidus testing carried out