[DE]Steve

Farewell to Mynki!

Here's to you, Mynki. You designed Trinity and I'll always be grateful for that (And all that you did, of course.) <3

Here's hoping you never stop doing what you love and never stop challenging yourself to improve. Best of luck to you. 

:thumbup:

• Upvote 33

This is very sad sad to hear but i wish Mynki the best of luck in whatever he choose to pursue.

At the same time im wondering how this will affect the future visuals of Warframe. 2017 is gonna be a curious year.

• Upvote 11

I wish him good luck 4shure 

Cool to Geoff stepping into a new role

• Upvote 17

Wow. Really excited and worried to see what this means for Warframe, but I'm really happy for Mynki and Geoff. Best of luck to the both of them!

• Upvote 28

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And also before Oberon Prime.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aw man, Mynki's art style has been the reason I was attracted to this game. I still remember that kickass Nekros concept from over 3 years ago.

In a way he's an intrinsicate part of Warframe's DNA. Guess that means a mutation...

Oh man. At least I could enjoy Nekros Prime!

Just want to say thanks for all these amazing concepts that you've poured for Warframe. They have been an inspiration and I've totally enjoyed them all*. Best of luck in your new ventures! :)

Geoff. If you're reading me, the next Prime is going to be your test. JUDGEMENT INTENSIFIES.

*I must admit a couple of alt helms weren't of my liking *whistles away*

EDIT: And by the way. Special thanks for Nekros, and for making Nekros Prime a reality. You not only created one of my favorite Warframes, you made one of my favorite artistic aesthetics in all time with the Orokin, and to me, both culminated in an incredible Angel of Death. You rock man.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Upvote 21

It's been a great run, mynki. I'll be excited to see what you do!!!

We look forward to your contributions, Gefu!

• Upvote 2

My gosh, this is monumental. Best of luck to Mynki, and unending thanks for creating such beautiful works of art, and congratulations fo Geoff. 

Onward and upwards!

• Upvote 1

Best wishes and endless thanks for Mynki's work, love and passion he poured into Warframe during his stay, and I hope for the best in his future pursuits.

Also looking forward to Geoff really fitting into his new role, it sounds like he's going to be a perfect fit and then some.

• Upvote 2

I hope we continue to see his work around the internet, and whatever future endeavors he made have.  Keep in touch!  

Anyone know his twitter?  Does he have a twitter?

• Upvote 3

I Wish mynki all the best and look forward to seeing what gainslord and the rest of the art team pull together to make. 

Thank you for all you have done Mynki. The unique art style was one of the many things that attracted me to Waframe almost 4 years ago.

Thank you and good luck with your future endeavours. 

• Upvote 2

Damn, refreshed the forums and got hit with this. The art in Warframe has always been the driving force behind the appeal of the game for me, even way back before melee and parkour 2.0, when I dropped the game several times due to frustration with unsatisfying "mash melee" combat and rubberbanding wallrunning. I went through the same pattern again and again, getting fed up, uninstalling, and then reinstalling a week later because simply nothing else looked or 'felt' like Warframe.

Watching the team and what it's produced grow has been satisfying not just as a consumer, but as a now die-hard fan. I'm going to miss his stream visits and weird-ass ideas, but at the same time I know that it's not just one man but a whole team that has crafted the high octane acid trip that is one of my favorite games in history. Mynki should be damn proud of the work he's done and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of both Digital Extremes and his portfolio next.

On that note, where would be a good place to continue following his work? Does he have a website?

• Upvote 8

The style of Warframe's art may slightly change with someone else behind the helm, but overall I am sure it will still look awesome and fit the Warframe aesthetic. 

Everyone needs room to grow sometimes. I hope he does well in whatever new projects he chooses to pursue. 

I have every confidence new Warframe art will continue to look amazing. 

Dag nabbit, who keeps putting freshly chopped onions in my room?

• Upvote 4

Holy s***, Mynki's gone. But all good things have to come to end I suppose. Don't know who made that rule and frankly it doesn't matter. It is what it is.

I wish all the best of luck to Mynki. Being with Warframe for years and getting used to the familiar faces and names, it's always difficult to see one of those faces and the name belonging to it depart. Hopefully in due time, his name is known across every dev team with the greatest reverence. He has my sincerest thanks as well for years of making Warframe stick out among every other title with its more than unique aesthetics.

As for Geoff, this is huge. My biggest congratulations to him. I guess now his title is Art & Animation Director - Geoff Crookes. Has a nice ring to it, and I think a lot can agree with that. He's also taken even more responsibility and carries an even bigger fragment of the game's development, and with that I also wish him good luck.

Yes, 'bittersweet' is the perfect word for this.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Upvote 6

Such shocking and unexpected news. I might rarely comment, but I have to say my last thanks to Mynki for the work he's done for the team. I am definitely very interested in his future projects, his designs always been an inspiration to me and my stupid drawings.

• Upvote 2