[DE]Steve

Farewell to Mynki!

Mynki, thank you for everything you've done to make Warframe the unique and beautiful game it is. To this day, the art is so amazing I find myself comparing other games to Warframe and they just don't come close. I'm so sad to see you go, but over the moon for your success and future endeavors. I wish you all the very best in whatever you do. Tenno on, my friend. :-)

Geoff, I have all the faith in you and just know you're going to blow everyone's mind with your abilities. Change is always a bit uncomfortable, but you got this. You've been there since the beginning and I can only imagine how many ideas you've had floating around. I'm excited for what you have in store. Wishing you every success!

PS: Rebs/Meg, can you please invite Mynki back as a guest on Prime Time once he's settled? :-)

If Geoff is taking over and he had a hand on designing the first several frames you should look at the non primed base version of these warframes of a idea of what kind of work he has done: Ash, Banshee, Ember, Loki, Rhino, Volt, Mag, Trinity. those were some of the first frames to start in the game.

HOWEVER, I think that the art will at least try to keep with the current direction with a bit of simplification and a bit less of the little spinny sticky-outy things that you see on a lot of the new frames.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Void, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in disbelieve but were suddenly silenced. I fear something both terrible and amazing has happened."
Tenno Cray, just a few minutes ago.

Geoff, dude, congrats!!!!  I bet you did not see this coming... You're always so humble and underselling your work, for no other reason then it probably being your personality. These are some big shoes for you to fill but somehow I think you will manage.. I wish you too all the best in your new role and am eager to see what directions you will take us, your loyal Tenno!!

Minky, words cannot describe how I feel about this. Conflicted comes close but doesn't really cover it. You will be missed, that's for sure, though I get the idea WF has grown in directions you were never really prepared to take it. I bet an arm and a leg (Captain Vor's to be precise) that our collection of comics, books and movies are pretty similar. One of the things of WF that stood out to me, and dragged me in, is how it wasn't the regurgitation of Hollywood's interpretation of SciFi. No, WF tasted more like the likes of "Valérian and Laureline", "Axel Moonshine" and work from geniuses like Moebius, Jodorowski and Gimenez (other Tenno should really look these guys up) and not to forget, the French magazine "Metal Hurlant". With some Anime-inspiration thrown in the mix (thinking mainly of Evangelion). It was refreshing, inspirational and wholly different from what is generally force-fed to us as "original scifi IP", which is hardly ever really original.
Steve said in his post you had more ideas then there's atoms in the universe, I believe him. I'm really looking forward to your new endeavors and hope these are as fresh as WF was when I first came into contact with it, 3.9 years ago. I have very little doubts it will be ;)

So, farewell to you and Nanu Nanu!

Edit: Minky, if you happen to read this, please help me out: The Grineer.. did you get the inspiration for them from "Valérian and Laureline: Heroes of the Equinox"?

Spoiler

others: check out the second panel from the top and the one in the top right of the second image. These are So Very Grineer...

5798636b3365c5baf1c2f941a6a21562._SX1280

valerian_08_p04.jpg

Edited by ComCray

There will be alot of pressure for geoff i guess, the next frame will be really "judged" xD

Sorry to see you go, Mynki.  Warframe's unique art style is what drew me into the game and kept me here, and you're an essential part of that.  While it's devastating news for many of us, I understand the need for new direction and challenges especially for an artist.  Good luck to you and your future endeavors.   

Congratulations and good luck to Geoff!  Warframe is in safe hands with you as the Art Director.  I look forward to see where Warframe goes in the future.

Thank you for giving me a visual escape that somehow matched my inner dreams of how a scifi actionsaga looks like that has no equal anywhere.

Good luck to you both. This year just got more interesting. 

Dare I make this comparison...

Seeing Mynki move on from DE is like seeing Hideo Kojima leave Konami (without all the negative connotations surrounding it). On the one hand it's a tremendous loss for DE (though the spot being filled by Geoff gives me comfort), but on the other Mynki just got an opportunity to go and make something incredible that he couldn't before now.

Looking forward to see what ventures you make out there Mynki, best of luck.

This makes me feel incredibly excited for what Geoff has in store for us. I trust his senses and artistic eye. Geoff has always been my favorite DE member.

While Mynki will of course be missed, this news also gives way to excitement in how the future aesthetic of Warframe could change as a result, I'm very curious to see what the new art direction will hold for us. And also, what exciting new designs Mynki will bring to his future employers!

This is bittersweet indeed. Thanks Mynki for creating and designing one of the most unique characters ever. Would like to personally thank you for the classic excalibur, loki prime, nyx prime, nova, saryn prime, frost prime's helmet, ember prime. Also for the many wonderful weapons like tigris prime and many more. 

Best of Luck for you Mynki, thanks for everything you done for this amazing game.

Geoff bring it on, we r waiting :)

Nooo! I'd be lying if I said this doesn't make me sad. Mynki's art always fascinated me, his designs are so interesting and he's just so good at it! I wish him good luck in his new ventures though, I'm sure he's going to be at the top with whatever he'll be doing next! Thank you for blessing Warframe with your crazy creative mind, Mynki!

Good luck Mynki. I wish you had expanded your category of OP weapons and didn't leave Grate prime alone of its kind...

Gratz Geoff, I guess :)

Change can be good, Mynki has a legacy in this game and his contribution will always remain with us.

Congratulations to Geoff,we look forward to seeing you step up to the roll.