Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atrocious Riven RNG

XxMAGGOTxX

So I mean, I've only gotten 3 Riven mods this entire time from the Sorties. Which is massively sparse, but I could live with it if it weren't for the fact I've only gotten Sentinel Riven mods. Each time I've gotten a Rifle one, which is what I wanted. However, as I said, I've only gotten Sentinel weapon Riven mods. I don't even use a sentinel, and it's a huge slap in the face, especially after I've had to do a Simaris synthesis with hobbled dragon key, also couldn't use abilities or traps. Like come on DE. I love you guys but seriously, this is just a little too much guys. Can we at least choose whether or not we get it for a Sentinel, Warframe weapon or for Archwing if they exist? I'm almost questioning whether or not Riven mods exist for Warframe weapons, but I have seen Tigris Riven mods in the trade chat so I guess there's my proof. But this really is just a little excessive in the terrible RNG department. 

TL;DR - Riven mods are barely acquired from the Sorties, and when I have gotten them, they are exclusively for Sentinel weapons. Which is extremely discouraging, especially after all the harsh requirements to unveil it. Can we at least choose whether it's for a sentinel, warframe or archwing weapon?

8 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

trade has a 100% drop rate

Yeah, but also a 100% chance to be expensive af, a lot of scammers as well.

4 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

You can't choose to win or loose buddy. Otherwise, it wouldn't be random. 

Yeah I get that, but if I lose by getting it for a Sniper Rifle or for a Braton (something I don't use or is weak) I wouldn't have a problem. But Sentinel mods? This game already has more RNG than DnD. No need to make it so punishing for absolutely everything in game. We're already swamped with bad rng, I'm just asking to alleviate one part of it by just a slight margin.

5 minutes ago, XxMAGGOTxX said:

Scamming is stealing. You may get some ridiculous prices sometimes, but no one is stealing from you. If you agree to the trade, the only person to blame is yourself. Scamming in warframe can't happen.

Edited by -Voltage-

5 minutes ago, XxMAGGOTxX said:

That's not 100% true (at all). I've seen a lot of people proposing potentialy good Rivens for fair prices, and sometimes some were absurdly low. And like -Voltage- said, people aren't really stealing if you accept their dumb prices. I've seen many people trying to sell thing a lot more than usual and many of them refused to sell me thing because they purposedly wanted to scam (Seriously, some of them told me that like if it was something normal :/). If you know how to trade properly and what things are worth, you shouldn't fall into their (obvious) traps.

I like how you're making it seem like synthesizing a target while slowed and without traps or powers is actually hard and tossing it in there like it means you deserve something better than a sentinel weapon Riven.

I can't wait until you get an actually annoying or actually difficult one and then get a Seer mod that comes equipped with critical chance and damage. That didn't happen to me or anything. I'm not bitter!

13 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

Scamming is stealing. You may get some ridiculous prices sometimes, but no one is stealing from you. If you agree to the trade, the only person to blame is yourself. Scamming in warframe can't happen.

Yes it can happen. the fact that you didnt verify the trade before agree to that doesnt make the person who lied less scammer. It is like been robbed and say that there are no robberies because in fact you didnt prevented or took care of yourself. If you lie, close the sale knowing what you are doing and doesnt take it back, you are a scammer and it happens everyday.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Yes it can happen. the fact that you didnt verify the trade before agree to that doesnt make the person who lied less scammer. It is like been robbed and say that there are no robberies because in fact you didnt prevented or took care of yourself. If you lie, close the sale knowing what you are doing and doesnt take it back, you are a scammer and it happens everyday.

In a robbery, someone takes your stuff and runs off. In warframe you agree to such trade for it to happen. You cannot scam in warframe. You can overcharge, undercut, whatever, but at the end of the day you can only blame yourself for the trade and not the other person.

Unveiled rivens (excluding shotgun ones) are currently going for 40-80p, which is a decent risk for reward opportunity for this game in my honest opinion. Sure, the amount of rng behind 1)getting an easy challenge to complete, 2)getting an actually relevant weapon riven, and 3)having nice stats from the get go/low roll count (under 5) is frustrating, but just work the market and play. I've gotten nothing but Anasa sculptures since they came out, pisses me off, but then again many builds on weapons will be weaker with a half-arsed riven. Unless you really want a good riven for your favorite attica or Strun, then you don't really need to care much about rivens.

cQ3elHF.gif

Well... this guy hates you obviously.

If you can't get enough just buy some.

Veiled Rivens are quite cheap. (i buy them for 30-40p except shotguns 70-120)

I currently have 18 riven and plan to keep 17 of them (1 for sale). Your excuse? 

Edited by Askell91

The whole riven idea was, IMO, a mistake.

''Make old and unused weapons useful again''? With a random mod for a random weapon?

Funny thing, they know how to make weapons useful. Acid Shells and a few syndicate augments attest to that.

And they know adding 300% crit chance to a weapon that has 1.5% crit chance as a base and 1.5x crit multiplier will do absolutely nothing for that weapon's usefulness.

So I can only think of 2 things those mods do without fail.

1) livening up the plat sales with insane trading prices on them.

2) giving addicted people another slot machine with little to no rewards (as all slot machines are known to be).

After rolling 1 mod twice and another one once, and getting 5 total mods from sorties, none for a weapon I would actually use, I gave up with the whole system.

Trading is a workaround. It's not an excuse for a system that fails to fulfill it's stated purpose.

It's actually baffling  how often ''buy it with plat'' is used to defend something.

How could they make it actually work for the old weapons?

Those mods could be not obtained, but crafted.

For example, you could get a blank for a mod. Equip it on the weapon of your choice and open it (maybe even in the same way as riven mods). But instead of getting random stats you could then fuse other mods into it. With some reasonable limits. But to the point where a weapon modded with it can be on par with the latest meta weapon. Maybe even set a hard limit on DPS basing it on the likes of Lex Prime...

The other ways to get old weapons into usability would be giving every one of them an augment (maybe even several different ones for each) or just plain buff them like they buffed Sicarus Prime.

But I feel nothing like that happened exactly because of those 2 things that Rivens do, and any other solution to the ''mastery fodder'' problem wouldn't.

Edited by Flirk2

26 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

In a robbery, someone takes your stuff and runs off. In warframe you agree to such trade for it to happen. You cannot scam in warframe. You can overcharge, undercut, whatever, but at the end of the day you can only blame yourself for the trade and not the other person.

I bought a Riven in trade chat. The player wrote the stats in trade chat and the number of rolls. 

I read the message and agreed to the trade without asking for a picture of the mod. ( THIS WAS MY MISTAKE)

When I traded the mod, I saw that the stats and rolls were not what he wrote on trade chat( at the time in PS4 you couldnt see the mod in trade chat - remember that on a console, you dont have all the resources a PC has to make the hole thing smoother) 

I tried to write him but he had blocked me. 

So when I buy something without checking what it is, IT IS MY MISTAKE.

When he lies on trade chat, sell something he knows it is not what he advertised ( IT IS HIS MISTAKE AND IS A SCAM)

It is TOTALLY different if somebody says I want 1.000.000 plats for a + 250% damage mod, I agree and I RECEIVE that exact mod. 

Or naybe we should give this guy who lied the stats a medal. He is the most honest person in this game and I AM THE PROBLEM... 

15 hours ago, Chipputer said:

I like how you're making it seem like synthesizing a target while slowed and without traps or powers is actually hard and tossing it in there like it means you deserve something better than a sentinel weapon Riven.

I can't wait until you get an actually annoying or actually difficult one and then get a Seer mod that comes equipped with critical chance and damage. That didn't happen to me or anything. I'm not bitter!

I'm not asking for handouts, nor am I bitter. It would just be nice to at least choose whether we get it for Sentinel or Warframe weps. And believe me, mine wasn't a cakewalk. It was a Fusion Moa running around wildly, wasn't exactly the easiest thing. I get that it's probably not the hardest, but I did put a fair bit of effort into unlocking it, and in return I got a Laser Rifle Impact damage Riven. That's still pretty bogus, and I just think it wouldn't be such a dreadful grind if we could choose what class we get it for. I'm not asking to choose what weapon, or weapon type. Just whether or not people get snubbed by getting a Sentinel weapon mod. 

You have to admit, it kind of sucks since Riven mods are no where near a common drop. I get boosters more than Rivens. It's just an RNG wall after RNG wall, if it wasn't so bad I'd be fine with it. Like I said, I don't use snipers so if I got one for a Warframe sniper rifle, I'd be okay with that. But Sentinel sniper rifles? Come on man, that's just a little rough.

11 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I bought a Riven in trade chat. The player wrote the stats in trade chat and the number of rolls. 

I read the message and agreed to the trade without asking for a picture of the mod. ( THIS WAS MY MISTAKE)

When I traded the mod, I saw that the stats and rolls were not what he wrote on trade chat( at the time in PS4 you couldnt see the mod in trade chat - remember that on a console, you dont have all the resources a PC has to make the hole thing smoother) 

I tried to write him but he had blocked me. 

So when I buy something without checking what it is, IT IS MY MISTAKE.

When he lies on trade chat, sell something he knows it is not what he advertised ( IT IS HIS MISTAKE AND IS A SCAM)

It is TOTALLY different if somebody says I want 1.000.000 plats for a + 250% damage mod, I agree and I RECEIVE that exact mod. 

Or naybe we should give this guy who lied the stats a medal. He is the most honest person in this game and I AM THE PROBLEM... 

Then you should have verified if the stats were correct while trading. You have to accept and confirm before the trade is complete, so you had plenty of time to look at what the other person was selling. This step is extremely important, since the person could have linked (if linking was possible) a mod and trade another one, wich means that even if a person is able to link the mod or not to show it too you when negociating, they still can trade another one if you do not look at what they propose while trading. Linking stats doesn't really change anything to what happened.

For exemple, if you order a Cheeseburger with bacon and the cashier tell the cook to make you a regular hamburger, what you should normaly do is tell them that it's not what you want. If you say nothing and let them make you a regular burger, I'm sorry but it's your fault and you shouldn't be complaining because you didn't get the Cheeseburger you ordered and paid for. You were too passive and you never paid attention to what you were going to get. 

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

On 2/6/2017 at 8:30 PM, PookieNumnums said:

trade has a 100% drop rate

No it doesn't.  You have any idea how long it takes to find the riven you want in trade chat?  You might as well sift through dog poop in search of gold and diamonds.  In the stupidly rare chance that you DO find a riven being sold that you actually want, that turd seller typically demands your first born son and a night with your wife and your preteen daughter before they'll give it up.

Just now, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

... 4 minutes ?

Most weapons need VERY specific riven stats to be worth a damn.  If you're gonna waste your time searching for a riven to buy, you might as well get one with at least respectable stats.  Almost all sellers demand far more than their rivens are worth, even the utter garbage rivens.  Finding sensible sellers with sensible mods is a crapshoot.

6 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Then you should have verified if the stats were correct while trading. You have to accept and confirm before the trade is complete, so you had plenty of time to look at what the other person was selling. This step is extremely important, since the person could have linked (if linking was possible) a mod and trade another one, wich means that even if a person is able to link the mod or not to show it too you when negociating, they still can trade another one if you do not look at what they propose while trading. Linking stats doesn't really change anything to what happened.

For exemple, if you order a Cheeseburger with bacon and the cashier tell the cook to make you a regular hamburger, what you should normaly do is tell them that it's not what you want. If you say nothing and let them make you a regular burger, I'm sorry but it's your fault and you shouldn't be complaining because you didn't get the Cheeseburger you ordered and paid for. You were too passive and you never paid attention to what you were going to get. 

Thats why I said I made a mistake. I just dont understand why everybody just treat me as an idiot and the guy who lied like he didnt do anything wrong. Please read my POST. 

My point is, I know I made a mistake, but the guy said it was a cheeseburger knowing it was a hot dog. AGAIN I KNOW A MADE A MISTAKE BUT HE TRIED TO SCAM AND HAD SUCESS. COME ON..... THE HOLE POINT WAS TO SAY THERE IS NO SACAM IN WARFRAME AND YEST, THERE IS. SPECIALLY IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT WITH MOTHAN 3500 HOURS IN THIS GAME LIKE ME.