Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Hotfix 19.9.2 (Phase One: DB Upgrades)

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, --Q--Animan8000 said:

First of all: Glitches ARE part of Speedrunning. Look at Speedrun(dot)com and you will basically always find games with categorys with or without glitches and specific glitches. Cheating is if you use as example third party programs to manipulate a game which would be anyway a ban in Warframe if you try that. Telling like every single good reasons and making a big discussion about it is more something that I want to talk with DE about it since it's just killing the Speedrunner community too and there are improvements for Raids and their stats too. I know it isn't easy to make but imagine some categorys for Raid Speedruns. One is for glitchless, one is with glitches, I guess people who doesn't like glitches would like that.

I understand that people are playing Raids for fun, but after a time if you're a glitchhunter as example and you run daily Raids for arcanes and credits because you know about the good rewards, then you play them every single day, and then it starts getting boring if it's so slow like the first day so you try to do them faster :)

I would be perfectly fine with the existing raid recording data and associated logs being reviewed, and raids that were completed using a glitch being marked as such.  That way, future speedruns could be measured according to the actual conditions in the mission, rather than past runs using obsoleted conditions.  But, for the last part where you talk about it being 'boring and slow', I'm certain that's just rhetoric.  Almost any major slowdown on the door puzzle can be eliminated by doing speedruns with your usual raid mates; the only publicans allowed being those you've vetted ahead of time.  And I suspect that is exactly what you do when you're speedrunning and glitch hunting, as that's a very practical strategy to avoid problems one learns early on.

3 hours ago, dopey_opi said:

I would be perfectly fine with the existing raid recording data and associated logs being reviewed, and raids that were completed using a glitch being marked as such.  That way, future speedruns could be measured according to the actual conditions in the mission, rather than past runs using obsoleted conditions.  But, for the last part where you talk about it being 'boring and slow', I'm certain that's just rhetoric.  Almost any major slowdown on the door puzzle can be eliminated by doing speedruns with your usual raid mates; the only publicans allowed being those you've vetted ahead of time.  And I suspect that is exactly what you do when you're speedrunning and glitch hunting, as that's a very practical strategy to avoid problems one learns early on.

Thing is, there is no way to verify glitched runs, they use checkpoints and the whole point of the WR was to reach those checkpoints so the runs would be valid and show up on sites like christx. 

Spoiler

1cce57e71b.png

They already have a system that marks glitched runs, but you can do the checkpoints out of order aslong as they are completed when you complete the last one.

7 hours ago, iTrust said:

Thing is, there is no way to verify glitched runs, they use checkpoints and the whole point of the WR was to reach those checkpoints so the runs would be valid and show up on sites like christx. 

Hide contents

1cce57e71b.png

They already have a system that marks glitched runs, but you can do the checkpoints out of order aslong as they are completed when you complete the last one.

This is very useful information.  Thank you.