Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE, do something about sortie leeches!

(XBOX)Siniztah

Something needs to be done about people that sit doing nothing in sorties while other people do all the work. Every time I run a sortie There is at least one person (sometimes two) that get around one percent of the kills, but still get the same chance for a reward as me, and it has to stop.

I beleive there should be some sort of limit (15% of the kills in a mission) for example, to become eligible to get a reward. I don't think that setting a target number of kills would create a negative impact for players that are actually trying to help, and would definitely encourage active play.

My frustration is compound by the fact that when I put forth enough effort for three people I get 2000 Endo for my troubles.

Please consider my solution, thank you!

I have absolutely no issue with said leeches given how easy most sorties are. Sometimes in sorties I myself wound up with very few kills because I only use bows or precision based weapons and then someone takes mirage+simulor and pretty much wipes the map. 

Edited by Unholyrequiem

1 minute ago, Unholyrequiem said:

I have absolutely no issue with said leeches given how easy most sorties are. 

Well then you have obviously never soloed a defense mission getting 460 kills and resurrecting the target 15 times while everyone else in your group stares at the wall.

Except that there are sorties like Spy and Rescue, where killing is not exactly needed or should even be done unless you have no other choice or don't care about stealth bonuses. Also that's not necessarily fair to people who can't actually kill anything, either due to other players being absolute godmode with their weapons/frames, or their own weapons lacking the necessary mods to be effective. I think this is the first time I've seen someone complain that other players don't kill enough. Usually it's people complaining about Ember or Miramulor combo just destroying everything. Sorties already require players to do the war within. Adding more arbitrary rules to that doesn't help anyone.

Edited by Shadow8600

1 minute ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

not your fault obviously but no reason to get salteh breh if that's how you're choosing to matchmake eh?

There is hardly any choice in how to matchmake. Sorties are by and large not designed for solo play. Which leaves doing them with friends. If I am forced into having to find my own party to do sorties with reasonable efficiency than why is matchmaking there at all?

7 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

if you don't like leeches then play with friends or solo

1. My actual friends have not completed the War Within yet.

2. Everyone in the alliance is trying to farm Hema and is too busy.

3. I do not have aimbot for hands and the capability to solo the sortie.

2 minutes ago, Shadow8600 said:

Except that there are sorties like Spy and Rescue, where killing is not exactly needed or should even be done unless you have no other choice or don't care about stealth bonuses. Also that's not necessarily fair to people who can't actually kill anything, either due to other players being absolute godmode with their weapons/frames, or their own weapons lacking the necessary mods to be effective. I think this is the first time I've seen someone complain that other players don't kill enough. Usually it's people complaining about Ember or Miramulor combo just destroying everything. Sorties already require players to do the war within. Adding more arbitrary rules to that doesn't help anyone.

Spy and rescue are usually not sortie three, which is specifically the issue since that is where levels and difficult ramp up, hence neccesitating teamwork. Also, it doesn't matter what is fair to people who can't kill things and don't have properly modded gear, because if either of those conditions apply to someone then they shouldn't be doing endgame content in the first place. And yes, adding a rule helps everyone by encouraging active play and actually gearing appropriately for endgame content.

that wouldnt be completely perfect and would reduce the amount of people that would want to do sortie, because of medicore weapons  resulting in no rewards even though they spent all their ammo and tried their best, you cant expect everyone to have a potatoed, 12 farma tonkor with argon scope, bladed rounds, and primed damage mods, I certainly dont have that, because I left the game for a while, and i wasnt strong enough, or capable to fight the acolytes

Yes. I use limbo for defense to protect the target. I can't do damage as I am banished though. Am I screwed? I can't do damage. What about assassination missions where everyone dies but I stay alive to revive. I can't do damage but I can't take any either. Am I leeching? Kills aren't the only stats that matter.

4 minutes ago, midtarget said:

that wouldnt be completely perfect and would reduce the amount of people that would want to do sortie, because of medicore weapons  resulting in no rewards even though they spent all their ammo and tried their best, you cant expect everyone to have a potatoed, 12 farma tonkor with argon scope, bladed rounds, and primed damage mods, I certainly dont have that, because I left the game for a while, and i wasnt strong enough, or capable to fight the acolytes

The example you used is actually an example of extending something to an absurd level. Besides, you are missing the point entirely. Sorties are endgame content. you don't NEED any of the things you listed for endgame. If you don't have the ability to kill enemies in endgame content then you must have leeched your way through all of the content and never had to do anything at all.

14 minutes ago, danewgui2 said:

1. My actual friends have not completed the War Within yet.

2. Everyone in the alliance is trying to farm Hema and is too busy.

3. I do not have aimbot for hands and the capability to solo the sortie.

hmmm if you've completed TWW but can't solo sorties then something is very wrong m8

4 minutes ago, stormsasuke180 said:

Yes. I use limbo for defense to protect the target. I can't do damage as I am banished though. Am I screwed? I can't do damage. What about assassination missions where everyone dies but I stay alive to revive. I can't do damage but I can't take any either. Am I leeching? Kills aren't the only stats that matter.

Limbo is an exception to the rule. Not the rule. Limbo needs a rework anyway. By saying that kills aren't the only stat that matters suggests that either there is another stat that participation could be measured by, or that there is no way to fix this problem.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

Limbo is an exception to the rule. Not the rule. Limbo needs a rework anyway. By saying that kills aren't the only stat that matters suggests that either there is another stat that participation could be measured by, or that there is no way to fix this problem.

Kill steals are what we could measure by.

Maybe then the leechers will 'participate.'

Edited by danewgui2