Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE, do something about sortie leeches!

(XBOX)Siniztah

Just now, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

The example you used is actually an example of extending something to an absurd level. Besides, you are missing the point entirely. Sorties are endgame content. you don't NEED any of the things you listed for endgame. If you don't have the ability to kill enemies in endgame content then you must have leeched your way through all of the content and never had to do anything at all.

no, practically everything i asked help for, i completed on my own later to see if i could pass it, that included fighing a manic bombard with unformaed dual zoren on trinity, and helping someone on a lvl 40 void mission, sure some people leech their way into engame content, but what about impossible-to-get-out-of-trading items?  people can play and reach into sorties sometimes, and survive, but not have over 15% kill participation, due to mainly stunlocking everything, as well as the ulti and pizza spammers, and the fact that most of the good weapons are upgrades to current wepons, resulting me in not using a single forma of potato unless its a prime or excalibur umbra

I guess I am wrong and everyone else is right DE should encourage entitlement and getting rewards for doing nothing. After all, in a game that is entirely based on doing work to get cool rewards, who actually wants to do the work? We should just make an account and get everything handed to us!

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

So? 15% of the kills is a damn low target. In a mission with 900 enemies that is only 135. Maybe make it 11.5% for whiners.

Have you ever been in a match with 3 ember or 3 mirage there is nothing left for you to kill and by the time you start seeing enemies well the games over because they've stopped killing things.

I don't think it should count on the kills, lets say you see a statue on the map and go to pick it up while the other are killing everything you "percentage of kills" just goes down. Say you hear a rare canister/ayatan/resources and want to go look for it, your telling me that i should be penalized because I did not have a high enough "percentage of kills" to be eligible for the mission. But I'd say people that don't move or even kill or revive or use an ability, maybe then something should be done.

So people just like to leech and that is all there is to it, just look at the conclave mode the past few days I've seen people with 0 kill and 15 oro. Are they leaching no, are they stealing no, are they doing nothing no, they just found a way to play the game their way.

Kills and damage dealt do not directly correlate with effort. If I am constantly keeping the entire map under control while you do all the killing you are not going to take away the reward that I worked for just because the stats screen doesn't show it.

I'm also MR23. If I walk in with a high powered weapon and deal a ton of damage (keep in mind that damage dealt doesn't differentiate between overkill damage and basic damage to an enemy's health, so if we both kill an enemy but I do 3x as much to the enemy I killed it will still show me with more damage done) and you don't have as high powered of a weapon then you're basically saying that you were leeching, by that logic.

People who purposefully don't do anything are completely different. Report them, add them to your ignore list, and move on.

4 minutes ago, danewgui2 said:

Kill steals are what we could measure by.

Maybe then the leechers will 'participate.'

Ok so set the limit lower, or implement assists. Make it a flat 80 kill limit so people, no matter how incompetent could reach it. Requiring 80 kills would still be better than someone getting zero.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

I guess I am wrong and everyone else is right DE should encourage entitlement and getting rewards for doing nothing. After all, in a game that is entirely based on doing work to get cool rewards, who actually wants to do the work? We should just make an account and get everything handed to us!

Ignore the people who just say "Who cares?" because they obviously don't understand that you care.

As noted before, report any AFK or leeching players to support. There is specifically an AFK tag you can report others with, which makes me think that DE actually wants players to report AFK people despite many of the negative feedback here.

It's not an instant fix, but it is allegedly the correct way to handle such incidents.

2 minutes ago, TrueHawkEye said:

Have you ever been in a match with 3 ember or 3 mirage there is nothing left for you to kill and by the time you start seeing enemies well the games over because they've stopped killing things.

I don't think it should count on the kills, lets say you see a statue on the map and go to pick it up while the other are killing everything you "percentage of kills" just goes down. Say you hear a rare canister/ayatan/resources and want to go look for it, your telling me that i should be penalized because I did not have a high enough "percentage of kills" to be eligible for the mission. But I'd say people that don't move or even kill or revive or use an ability, maybe then something should be done.

So people just like to leech and that is all there is to it, just look at the conclave mode the past few days I've seen people with 0 kill and 15 oro. Are they leaching no, are they stealing no, are they doing nothing no, they just found a way to play the game their way.

Ember can't get kills quickly on level 60-80 enemies.

Just now, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

Ember can't get kills quickly on level 60-80 enemies.

Define quickly. Because an easy-to-build 250% power strength Ember with liberal application of Accelerant will blow your mind with how fast enemies that she supposedly can't kill quickly die.

1 minute ago, DaftMeat said:

Ignore the people who just say "Who cares?" because they obviously don't understand that you care.

As noted before, report any AFK or leeching players to support. There is specifically an AFK tag you can report others with, which makes me think that DE actually wants players to report AFK people despite many of the negative feedback here.

It's not an instant fix, but it is allegedly the correct way to handle such incidents.

So, in additon to doing a sortie every day for a 2000 Endo reward, I should have to submit a support ticket every day too? This should really be handled before it happens on DE's end.

41 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

Well then you have obviously never soloed a defense mission getting 460 kills and resurrecting the target 15 times while everyone else in your group stares at the wall.

As I matter of fact, I never saw that, and I did hundreds of Sorties so far. You either exaggerate or you had monumental bad luck to encounter scum players.

Uhm.... No.

Each mission has a specific way of functioning. At times there are certain frames that are needed to work and others that are not. Because of this, those people using those frames tend to be busy doing something for you that would nullify your claims about "Kills" being important. I would actually like to give a good pointer to something such as Limbo on sortie defense. =

Limbo is basically the squishiest frame in the game. You take him out in sortie and "Squish". However, he is the BEST at defense for sorties. Why is that? In sorties you have the need to protect that one stupid operator, who everyone gives guns to for god knows why. Limbo can banish him making him invincible. 

So having no kills is not a bad thing. It is just irritating to those who don't know how the game works. 

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

This should really be handled before it happens on DE's end.

Yes.

DE can totally read minds and stop players from doing something you disapprove of before they even do it.

You're mad. And I mean that in both ways. Take a break from this topic for a bit, clear your head, and then come back and rethink what you're suggesting because it's absolutely insane.

11 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

As I matter of fact, I never saw that, and I did hundreds of Sorties so far. You either exaggerate or you had monumental bad luck to encounter scum players.

Or maybe you had extraordinarily good luck. It's super rare for me to have less than 60% damage dealt in a pubbed kill mission. I usually solo sorties, one of the last sortie mission I pubbed I did 93% of the damage while the 3 frosts on the team were busy spamming globes and admiring each other's pecs. It happens all the time. Just like I only rarely end a pubbed mission without waiting out the one minute timer because some guy is either fully afk or running around doing I don't know what that's unrelated to the mission.

Still, that does not mean anything should be done about it. I mean, personally I'd really like to perma-ban everybody who brings a slova, a nyx, a cc volt, or any other frame slowing enemies down to a defense, too, but realistically I do not have to right to tell anybody how to play any more than they can tell me what to do. Nobody forces me into public match-making, or to stay in a match with players I don't like. DE already gave us all the tools we need.

8 minutes ago, Snib said:

Or maybe you had extraordinarily good luck. It's super rare for me to have less than 60% damage dealt in a pubbed kill mission. I usually solo sorties, one of the last sortie mission I pubbed I did 93% of the damage while the 3 frosts on the team were busy spamming globes and admiring each other's pecs. It happens all the time. Just like I only rarely end a pubbed mission without waiting out the one minute timer because some guy is either fully afk or running around doing I don't know what that's unrelated to the mission.

Still, that does not mean anything should be done about it. I mean, personally I'd really like to perma-ban everybody who brings a slova, a nyx, a cc volt, or any other frame slowing enemies down to a defense, too, but realistically I do not have to right to tell anybody how to play any more than they can tell me what to do. Nobody forces me into public match-making, or to stay in a match with players I don't like. DE already gave us all the tools we need.

You can say stuff about having good luck if you take a small sample size. When you talk about hundreds and hundreds of missions in separate days, it becomes certitude, not just luck. Maybe you are coming from games like LoL where it's natural to be surrounded by scum and now you subconsciously assume so here as well? Because more often than not I encounter good players.

And you would personally like to perma-ban anyone that brings a CC frame into a hard defense? Really? -_- Jocking or not, that is not a feeling one should hold. I question what kind of gaming communities you have had contact with so far....

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

9 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

You can say stuff about having good luck if you take a small sample size. When you talk about hundreds and hundreds of missions in separate days, it becomes certitude, not just luck. Maybe you are coming from games like LoL where it's natural to be surrounded by scum and now you subconsciously assume so here as well? Because more often than not I encounter good players.

Oh hold on a minute. I said nothing about players being scum. Just because someone doesn't play the way I want them to play doesn't make them scum. Personally I don't even mind people afk'ing (only not getting to extraction on time annoys me). I don't really encounter MOBA-like scum in Warframe, likely the advantage of being cooperative PVE rather than PVP. The latter brings out the worst in people.

As to sample size, if I'm allowed to point to the founder's icon on my profile that might indicate that I've seen my share of it, too. Our different experience may be to down to any number of factors, not the least of those region and time zone. 

Edited by Snib

16 hours ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

It's useless to argue with them. Don't waste anymore of your time.

A friend of mine is one of those people who stays afk with a rubber on the pad sticks, for all three sortie missions when playing with strangers.
And like others, he is one of those leeches that, when a new prime is released, just jumps from match to match until he founds some people with the new relics to get their reward. Of course he never farms relics.

It's a mental problem.... I cannot describe it in a different way, trust me.
It's just being addicted to the items and reward, a kind of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
They just want the reward, they do not want to play. And the funny thing is that they call this behaviour "efficient" because after that they usually sell the stuff. Reminds me of finance class.

My opinion is that if you don't have the time to play the game, and you still want everything in it, you have three options:
1) spend platinums and buy other people effort/time/luck.
2) start to play the game more.
3) move to another game and stop ruining other people experience.

However, DE should measure interaction with enemies and teammates, not dealt damage or enemies killed.
I've played with new clan recruits and while they did their part CCing enemies with Volt / Excalibur, they couldn't scratch enemies.
Another one with Rhino was buffing and CCing all the time. So yeah... interaction should be the thing to keep track of.

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

Well then you have obviously never soloed a defense mission getting 460 kills and resurrecting the target 15 times while everyone else in your group stares at the wall.

I just finished the sortie and got over 1000 kills. Its not the noob's fault for not having the same type of gear I've acquired over the years, so no they're fine. Just watch dady work. 

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

Suggesting an improvement and getting argued into the ground by the 'everything is ok how it is' camp is exactly why improvements don't happen, and features of games stagnate and remain crap. Just forget I posted this.

Won't be too hard. Next time take a deep breath before going off on new players, and instead teach them the ways of the force. 

On 8.2.2017 at 1:12 AM, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

Something needs to be done about people that sit doing nothing in sorties while other people do all the work. Every time I run a sortie There is at least one person (sometimes two) that get around one percent of the kills, but still get the same chance for a reward as me, and it has to stop.

I beleive there should be some sort of limit (15% of the kills in a mission) for example, to become eligible to get a reward. I don't think that setting a target number of kills would create a negative impact for players that are actually trying to help, and would definitely encourage active play.

My frustration is compound by the fact that when I put forth enough effort for three people I get 2000 Endo for my troubles.

Please consider my solution, thank you!

What if someone played a pure support trinity? If they play their role as trinity they wouldnt even get 4% of the kills unless the team is very bad

On 8.02.2017 at 1:12 AM, (Xbox One)Siniztah said:

Something needs to be done about people that sit doing nothing in sorties while other people do all the work. Every time I run a sortie There is at least one person (sometimes two) that get around one percent of the kills, but still get the same chance for a reward as me, and it has to stop.

I beleive there should be some sort of limit (15% of the kills in a mission) for example, to become eligible to get a reward. I don't think that setting a target number of kills would create a negative impact for players that are actually trying to help, and would definitely encourage active play.

My frustration is compound by the fact that when I put forth enough effort for three people I get 2000 Endo for my troubles.

Please consider my solution, thank you!

I agree with you, wholeheartedly. Something has to be done with leeches. We need a good ingame system for that. And I'm preety sure that many people here would agree with you, if you proposed a better solution, because you probably already noticed that the kill ammount is not one. 

I would say that we need something like: "Tactical score"

Players would be ranked based on what they actually do in the mission, they would get points for kills, cc, buffs, doing important Limbo stuffs, healing, etc. 

Then the game could simply assign people with siilar tactical score together. This would allow skilled players with higher scores to do the sorties fast with other great players and people with lower scores would still have a place to train and improve.

Also, leeches would be grouped with other leeches, :devil:

57 minutes ago, Wolfiusz said:

I agree with you, wholeheartedly. Something has to be done with leeches. We need a good ingame system for that. And I'm preety sure that many people here would agree with you, if you proposed a better solution, because you probably already noticed that the kill ammount is not one. 

I would say that we need something like: "Tactical score"

Players would be ranked based on what they actually do in the mission, they would get points for kills, cc, buffs, doing important Limbo stuffs, healing, etc. 

Then the game could simply assign people with siilar tactical score together. This would allow skilled players with higher scores to do the sorties fast with other great players and people with lower scores would still have a place to train and improve.

Also, leeches would be grouped with other leeches, :devil:

As I mentioned in my post above, interaction should be the key.
I'm a clan leader and I'm always willing to train new recruits: I had MR5 people joining raids with our team and they just did their job fine, CCing all the time and spamming buffs (Volt/Exca/Rhino). They couldn't scratch an enemy but at least they felt useful as support players and honestly earned their arcanes.