TennoGen Round 7 Release and Prime Model Update

[DE]Taylor

EDIT:

As you know February 15 is the plan for this for PC - but based on the heat here we're honestly scrambling a bit to figure out a way to have our cake and eat it too. We'll have a detailed post to follow - we haven't gone anywhere, just a heads up! 

==================

Hey Tenno!

You might have heard that TennoGen Round 7 will be released simultaneously on all platforms in the near future. Well, mark your calendars because 12 new TennoGen items will hopefully be coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on February 15th!

A huge thank you to the creators for helping us achieve this feat! 

This update will bring another change: all TennoGen skins will use the normal Warframe model, meaning Prime Parts will no longer poke through.

Please know that our team worked hard to find a solution for those who like the Prime models, but no viable option was found. We appreciate all the discussion that surrounded this topic, and hope you can all understand how difficult it was to come to this decision.

Our creators do not approach any designs with Prime details in mind, as we set out to build all TennoGen content from the normal Warframes. Ideally, the TennoGen project would have started without ever having Prime pieces added to TennoGen skins, for the sake of creators. They have never had access to such parts and it has been an unexpected challenge for them to work around them. Having to imagine how Primes alter their design is not easy and this change will ensure that their creations look amazing no matter what.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience in getting this matter resolved!

Best,
[DE]Taylor :community:

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added edit

3 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

With all due respect, how was a toggle "not viable"?

darn someone beat me to it but seriously though toggle to keep takes very little work most of the time ( my source for saying  this is 3 years as a game dev my self)  it would be like a week or so of minimal work if that,unless the engine they use wont allowed it and would have it conflict with the new model :/ 

Edited by MrFoxAos

I am no longer going to be buying tennogen anymore. Your literally going to change the CURRENT Skins out of nowhere and not give any compensation?

Come on DE this is completely unprofessional, and not even providing a toggle for those who Bought skins that look good with the prime bits.

Edited by Dioxety

14 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

10 minutes ago, Vrcross said:

Thank you I have been waiting for this.

probably because it was an overly complicated programming task.

I.e. Meaning they have to do some work.

Nevermind this, we've still got blatant bugs which have yet to be addressed - bugged animations on some sugatras even PA ones (unless it's been fixed) and syandanas, again, a PA syandana the Citadella one. Has been bugged since release, numerous threads, no fixes. So they can't address these issues which are likely minor in comparison to a toggle, so no hope in terms of a toggle which would require lengthier work.

Edited by Naith

16 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

This update will bring another change: all TennoGen skins will use the normal Warframe model, meaning Prime Parts will no longer poke through.

Please know that our team worked hard to find a solution for those who like the Prime models,

You guys just had to add a "model" (normal body / prime body) option for prime warframes which we equip the skins on but well ...

So disapointed.

8 minutes ago, Dioxety said:

I am no longer going to be buying tennogen anymore. Your literally going to change the Skins out of nowhere and not give any compensation?

Come on DE this is completely unprofessional, and not even providing a toggle for those who Bought skins that look good with the prime bits.

Skin will remain the same, only prime warframe use non-prime model in order gold parts not collide with tennogen skin

Adding prime models into Tennogen would solve a lot problems

Edited by Myscho

Easiest way out:

Make Prime versions of all tennogen skins (or let the original creators make them) and release them seperately, giving them to people who already bought tennogen before this change for free.

Nobody will be hurt, DE will make money, content creators will make money and most importantly no programming required.

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Why is Equinox not available for Tennogen content creation when others are, and is there any plan anytime soon to make her available for such? 

I imagine it's because she's 3 warframes in one. Would need 3 different models.

Edit: DOH! You beat me Taylor!

Edited by Cradicias

Just now, [DE]Taylor said:

Yes, @[DE]Syncrasis is working on getting her model ready! She's a little tricky since she has multiple forms. No ETA yet, though. :) 

I am glad to know she is at least in progress -- I can imagine it can be tricky with so many different aspects of Equinox to take into account. Thanks very much for your answer! : ) 

Massively disappointed that you couldn't find a viable solution.  I do like the prime parts on my Tennogen skins.

That being said, your new viable solution is below:

5 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Easiest way out:

Make Prime versions of all tennogen skins (or let the original creators make them) and release them seperately, giving them to people who already bought tennogen before this change for free.

Nobody will be hurt, DE will make money, content creators will make money and most importantly no programming required.

30 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

The game code is not set up to handle model swaps through a toggle and would require a large restructuring of how equipment is handled on the player. This was explained in quite some detail on one of their workshops about this very issue.

NONONO

I specifically liked that prime parts still showed through, while allowing you to customize the very plain textures often found on some of the older primes. Just look at nova - her neck and metal parts are very distinctive, but her textures are flat and boring.

This is a deal breaker. On that note, can you introduce a refund for tennogen skins? I won't be using mine anymore.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The game code is not set up to handle model swaps through a toggle and would require a large restructuring of how equipment is handled on the player. This was explained in quite some detail on one of their workshops about this very issue.

Well they're already restructuring stuff in regards to separately coloured pieces of equipment. Might as well throw this in there too.